PDA

View Full Version : How did my VX end up on a Crime Thread

rickshaw
02/13/2011, 10:12 PM
I found my VX on this forum thread (The-Black-on-Black-Crime-Thread) it's on there twice. I guess this guy is not a fan of black wheels.
Crime Thread Link (http://apexforums.freeforums.org/the-black-on-black-crime-thread-t1809-900.html)

Ebenezr
02/14/2011, 04:00 AM
Hey man , take it as a compliment. He just wanted a real cool vehicle for his page and he got it. The toughest coolest one around.

etlsport
02/14/2011, 05:31 AM
heh even though the guy posted you as a bad thing, only response was that it made him giddy... good job!

Mile High VX
02/14/2011, 06:09 AM
Must be tough in life being black/green color blind...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

vt_maverick
02/14/2011, 06:20 AM
Anybody else notice that forum is serious "Iffy for 13+"? I won't even quote that one guy's signature line... :eek:

Mile High VX
02/14/2011, 06:35 AM
Certainly the tone for the forum is set by the box at the top right...thankfully we have something better here...this place is the best!

WormGod
02/14/2011, 07:15 AM
Not to throw more tomatoes.... but I am not a fan of black on black either. :p

Also known as "murdered out". Basically, going a black as black can get.

Regardless, you made a thread. Getting attention is what we do best at least. :)

Triathlete
02/14/2011, 07:26 AM
Black on black is not a crime...your VX being that damn clean is a crime!:bwgy:

RickOKC
02/14/2011, 09:03 AM
I love black / black. Actually my favorite is black paint with matte black stripes, dark tinted windows and black wheels.

(Just wanted to cancel out Gary. :p)

VX KAT
02/14/2011, 09:22 AM
Anybody else notice that forum is serious "Iffy for 13+"? I won't even quote that one guy's signature line... :eek:

Certainly the tone for the forum is set by the box at the top right...thankfully we have something better here...this place is the best!
:ot:
man, are they class-less.... I don't have much experience with other car forums, but when I do stumble on them, I see that same flavor...sheeshhh, pitiful! It's really hard NOT to think of ourselves/our forum as a bit superior/more mature....:sighb:....
OK, back on topic...

Bob Barker
02/14/2011, 09:46 AM
Did anybody else notice their website is black-on-black?

Ebenezr
02/14/2011, 10:29 AM
Black on black is not a crime...your VX being that damn clean is a crime!:bwgy:

Yeah...Your VX needs to look like this:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC04485.JPG

wekilled
02/14/2011, 01:24 PM
I ran into the same prejudice here in Monterey. Entered the VX in a car show (Cherry's Jubilee) under the "other" category they themselves created. The older hot rod crowd made it less than fun. (which is ironic as I like old rods as much as the VX) A big portion of the muscle/sports car crowd can be really conservative on what they consider "cool." (not all) I think it boils down to if their buddies make fun of them for liking the VX. The only good thing that came of the show was the money goes to hospital charity. Like the black on black look myself, was contemplating a satin finish with black/brushed motometals.

Ebenezr
02/14/2011, 01:41 PM
Concerning the black on black. I as well have often thought of painting my rims flat black. They are the rims in the above photo. Any thoughts here? Can it be done? would you discourage it? What would I use?

Triathlete
02/14/2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah...Your VX needs to look like this:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC04485.JPG

Ask anyone that knows me...that is a good day for my VX. I have washed it twice in the last year...usually before a VX meet. The 2nd wash of the year was last Saturday (for the Phoenix meet) and was followed on Saturday by a little off roading...which means it is dirty again. Might wash it before heading up to Moab!:bwgy:

circmand
02/14/2011, 02:24 PM
looks good on some not on others. Can certainly look bad a%^ on a big old 4 door lincoln but I think usually the bigger the rig the more there is need of contrast. But it is all in personal taste. I hear some people do not know Proton is the best color for the VX,

Really that is true.