PDA

View Full Version : CarFax

rowhard
02/13/2011, 10:38 AM
Does anyone have any credits with CarFax so they could run a VIN for me?

Mark B
02/13/2011, 03:27 PM
That reminds me about Car Fax claims.
I believe that a few years back a class action law suit was brought against Car Fax. I know because I filed a claim. I think the settlement was that you could run a few CAR FAX reports for free. I never heard anything from them after I filed the claim. I will check and I might have some free car fax reports to run.

VXIRONwoMAN
02/14/2011, 11:35 PM
Carfax is terrible. Go with Autocheck. I bought my Proton because of free and clear Carfax report only to find out when I wanted to sell it that it had been in an accident through Autocheck. Carfax didn't have that important info!

rowhard
02/15/2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks all, didn't get that car in the end, bought a new one instead.

VX KAT
02/15/2011, 07:11 AM
Thanks all, didn't get that car in the end, bought a new one instead.

and it is....:?::?::?:____________________________

surf-life
02/15/2011, 08:01 AM
Carfax is terrible. Go with Autocheck. I bought my Proton because of free and clear Carfax report only to find out when I wanted to sell it that it had been in an accident through Autocheck. Carfax didn't have that important info!

You can get carfax to buy back your VX plus 10%.

"CARFAX agrees to pay to the holder of a CARFAX® Vehicle History Report (the "Report") making a Claim (the "Claimant") the Claimant's purchase price of the vehicle to which the Report relates (the "Vehicle") up to 10% over the Kelley Blue Book value (see terms 8 and 9 for details) if the Report states that the Vehicle has a title history with no Branded Titles showing, but a Branded Title actually exists."

vt_maverick
02/15/2011, 08:37 AM
You can get carfax to buy back your VX plus 10%.

"CARFAX agrees to pay to the holder of a CARFAX® Vehicle History Report (the "Report") making a Claim (the "Claimant") the Claimant's purchase price of the vehicle to which the Report relates (the "Vehicle") up to 10% over the Kelley Blue Book value (see terms 8 and 9 for details) if the Report states that the Vehicle has a title history with no Branded Titles showing, but a Branded Title actually exists."

I challenge you to find one person who has successfully utilized that guarantee. The fact that CarFax rarely if ever reimburses people is one of the many reasons they have thousands of BBB reports and several law suits against them.