PDA

View Full Version : Nitto Mud Grapplers

Triathlete
09/12/2003, 10:35 PM
Just saw the new Nitto Mud Grappler tires. They are very sweet. Extremely aggressive looking. May be my next set of tires once I get more info on them! Unfortunately they are not available until sometime in the winter!:nuke:

psychos2
09/13/2003, 07:41 AM
i have also seen pics of them . they do look awesome and will be my next offroad tire. i have the nitto terra grapplers now and i am very happy with them. shawn

mrtew
09/13/2003, 07:39 PM
I don't see them on the internet. Are they available for 18's? Where can I see a picture of them?

Lightproof
09/14/2003, 11:08 AM
i have the nitto terra grapplers now and i am very happy with them
Question about the nitto terra grapplers - how's the noise level on the freeway? Thanks!

psychos2
09/14/2003, 02:21 PM
a little louder than stock. here is a pic of the mud grappler. shawn
http://adaptivestrategies.com/doubledose0001.jpg
sorry ,here is a pic of the mud grapplers.

http://adaptivestrategies.com/nittoMUDGRAPPLER.jpg

paultvx
09/14/2003, 02:35 PM
LOL

mrtew
09/14/2003, 03:09 PM
I like them, but they may be a little TOO much. I am seriously thinking of getting something for my stock 18's that will handle the snow a little better than my Yokos, especially since they now have 35,000 miles and the tread has got to be getting down some even though they look fine. What are some really GREAT looking knobby tires that are at least 265 or 275 if not 285/60/18 for the long snowy winter the Farmer's Almanac is predicting?

coachreed
09/15/2003, 03:45 AM
I'd really like to see more info on these as they look real nice... I planned on getting a new set of tires soon as I want something that is a little more aggressive than my Terra Grapplers. I however doubt they are going to have anything big enough for me as my 285/60/18's look awfully small now that I lifted the VX... was looking at getting the BFG 35/12.50/18's... anyone know of other tires in this general size? I want to keep my stock 18's. Anyway, if anyone finds more info on the Mud Grapplers, let us all know. I just emailed Nitto to get more... I will let you know if I get a reply.

TTYL!

dyanni
09/15/2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by mrtew
I don't see them on the internet. Are they available for 18's? Where can I see a picture of them?

http://www.sellmewheels.com/images/nitto/nt_mud.gif http://customwheel.com/tires/nitto/terragrappler.gif

Left is Mud 18's right is Terra version. I am looking too. How is the wear on these ?

autox-racer
09/15/2003, 07:12 AM
i got the terra grapplers a few weeks ago and have been very impressed with the lack of noise they make and how they look. i drove down the highway yesterday at 80 with windows down and noise was not bad at all (compared to wind noise). with windows up you can hear them but they are not loud at all. just a little more than stock i would say.

I cant wait for the snow... last year i was playing on stock tires with 50% tread life and was seriously impressed with those in 10" of snow. grapplers should be a blast.

check my gallery for pic of nittos on my vx

Triathlete
09/15/2003, 09:49 AM
The Mud Grapplers will not be available 'til sometime in the winter. I checked their website but they have no info posted on them yet.

Medman
09/15/2003, 03:56 PM
Does any body know the potential sizes of these awesome looking mudders?!!

Are they radial tires?

mrtew
09/15/2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by autox-racer
....check my gallery for pic of nittos on my vx

Wow! I really REALLY like the way they look! Are they 285's or what? Very nice! I love the picture with the little triangle of your bumper on the ground like it just fell off or something. Is there any rubbing at all once that little operation is performed? I think I may have found my tires unless there are some even nicer looking ones out there.

Originally posted by Medman
....Are they radial tires?

I think ALL tires sold in the last 20 years are radials!

AlaskaVX
09/15/2003, 04:41 PM
If those Nitto Mud Grapplers are radials for sure then that is most likely my next tire! That is if they come in a 32" or 33" they look like they will work awesome. If they don't make a size that fits then the MT Baja Claws are going to be my next tires. :thumbup:

Medman
09/16/2003, 04:18 AM
I don't see why they wouldn't come in the same sizes as the Nitto Terra Grapplers if this is going to be their off road/mud tire. Also, Nitto is primarily a street racer tire company, I would be really surprised if their Mud Grappler was not also a radial tire and capable of handling on-pavement driving as well.

autox-racer
09/16/2003, 06:06 AM
here is my orginal post on the grapplers... how much i paid/where i got and size.

click here for post (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1878&highlight=nitto+terra+grapplers)

i have not had a problem rubbing. but i have not had offroad. just climbed a curb that was in my way. it looks like right behind the front tire there is a cladding screw/bolt head that could be a problem under big suspension movements. probably just need to remove.

TucsonVX
09/16/2003, 04:15 PM
Just my luck, after buying my Nitto Grabbers, they come out with a better offroad tire. Might be too agressive for the street?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/240101_0118-med.jpg

coachreed
09/16/2003, 06:04 PM
OK, the other night after reading this thread, I sent an email to Nitto to find out about these new tires... here is their reply...

NittoTech

The new Nitto Mud Grappler will be out in winter time of this year. (be on the look out for them in November) The will be first release in the size 38x15.5x18 additional sizes will be out soon after but as of this time we do not have a size list available. For pricing and availability please contact your local Nitto tire dealer.

All I can say is... DAYUUM! Thems some big arse tires... if they come in that big, I hope they would have something a little more usable to the average VX... or other vehicle. Unfortunately I can't wait that long as I have Josh (Inaba) wanting to pick my tires up and I am planning on BFG MT/R's sized 35x12.50x18.

Anyway, thought y'all might want to know what I found. TTYL!