PDA

View Full Version : TC Black Fusion cladding reconditioner - info & experience

VX KAT
02/08/2011, 10:33 PM
TC Black Fusion
Looks like there's a new player on the scene for cladding reconditioning. Starting this thread to keep all the info together.

When "surf-life" bought a '99 Ironman from Richard Payne at Detail Driven Autos in Colorado, the pics he posted showed the cladding looked fantastic. Real dark and rich looking! Surf found out that Richard Payne's dealership treated it with this.

TC BLACK FUSION - Technician's Choice - Black Fusion
BRING BACK THE NEW CAR LOOK to faded and graying plastic trim and bumpers. BLACK FUSION is proven to restore Black and Gray surfaces to a Dark Rich Color. BLACK FUSION wipes on to treat, brighten and restore a black, "wet look" to any exposed faded plastic, vinyl or rubber exterior trim. It's easy to apply. It's VOC compliant and lasts up to one year.
•BLACK FUSION cures at room temperature in approximately 90 minutes.
•Protects against the sun's UV rays, chalking, detergents and acid rain.
•One 2 oz bottle of BLACK FUSION can restore and treat all the exterior trim of a Chevy Avalanche.

BLACK FUSION is an amazing product that EVERY USED CAR MANAGER MUST SEE and TRY.

Here's some videos on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdDsyo9BU30&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppdGrnvAovs&feature=fvw

So far I've only found it for sale at ADSCO and on ebay, (but it's the same seller). ADSCO stands for "Auto Dealers Supplies Company", and it seems to cater to the auto dealers, more than the consumer.
http://www.adsco.net/viewproductdetail.asp?productid=1184

I wrote to the prez of ADSCO for some more info. Here's some of the info he provided:

~This product comes from the warranty coatings and protection side of our business unlike many competitors whose products come from the tire dressing or polish industry. It is my understanding that TC Black Fusion is designed to penetrate and bond to the plastic. The one – minor issue with this product is that the curing process is caused by contact with air… so if you use the spray nozzle to apply the product you must turn the bottle upside down and spray the nozzle clean of product to avoid clogging the nozzle for future use.

~As far as prep work is concerned there is none… other than it needs to be applied to a clean, dry surface that should be clean of water spots.

~I’m confident you will find TC Black Fusion will correct the issues you are experiencing with cladding. The majority of our business is done directly with automotive dealers and the feedback to this new product has been overwhelmingly positive. I’m going to have to hope your fellow club owners see the results on your vehicle and that you give our product raving reviews.

~I can tell you that the product will definitely darken up the black finish and when cured it is not tacky nor will it come off on contact. We are aware that other products on the market attract dust and I have been told that TC Black Fusion does not.

~I am hoping this ends up being the product you’ve been looking for and we sell the majority of your club members a bottle for their vehicles!

~I forwarded your questions to my sales manager and asked that he contact you on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Chuck Folzenlogen
President
ADSCO Companies
Office: 513-771-5995 ext 18
Toll Free: 800-255-8643
Fax: 513-771-7982

Surf-life also gave me some info, which he got from Richard:

Here is what I was told. My first question to him was longevity, he said they started using it about 6 months ago on there Foxfire, and said it still looks the same as day one!!! I was super pumped about that. Then I asked him how it goes on. He said that it is really easy to apply and that the stuff just "spreads" and that one bottle will do your vx 2 times. Richard said the stuff "absorbs into the plastic".

So.......I ordered a bottle...:eek:..sounds like it may be the answer for me, since it's not really a coating that can chip off, AND it can just be reapplied when it wears off. TS-1 also needs to be reapplied, but this claims to last a year, instead of 90 days....so we'll see.....

I'll post my experience as I go. Anybody else that's using it, please post how it's going.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz328/o4scooby/VX/vx.jpg

Tookie
02/08/2011, 10:50 PM
Iiiiiinteresting. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with my gallon of 303 if this works out super well :D

Forgot to ask, but does this work on the insert and top plastic rails as well?

VX KAT
02/08/2011, 11:04 PM
Iiiiiinteresting. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with my gallon of 303 if this works out super well :D

Forgot to ask, but does this work on the insert and top plastic rails as well?
I don't have any instructions yet, they'll come with the bottle...nothing on line that I could find....so don't know. But I think it will work on them too.
I can't wait to ask the sales person for more info on surface prep (key word being "sales" person..:rollo:....the prez guy made it sound too easy. I still may have to find a way to get the remaining R/R off my passenger side before I can it apply it there.

Use the 303 on anything and everything that's rubber or plastic...I use it on all the gaskets, moldings, tires, spare tire, Yakima cargo basket, all the interior panels, center console, dash, vents, door jams, rubber mats, rubber cargo mat, spoiler, roof rails, door handles, mirror housings, windshield wiper arms, roof rack cross members & towers, engine cover and many other parts in the engine bay.....Basically I think I should just dunk my VX in a big vat of that stuff!

Plus I use it on anything plastic like our shop-vac, parts of our ATV, extension cords, handles on brooms and some tools, etc....

RickOKC
02/08/2011, 11:34 PM
ADSCO stands for "Auto Dealers Supplies Company", and it seems to cater to the auto dealers, more than the consumer.
That sounds like this is a product that might be carried by local paint supply stores.

The one – minor issue with this product is that the curing process is caused by contact with air… so if you use the spray nozzle to apply the product you must turn the bottle upside down and spray the nozzle clean of product to avoid clogging the nozzle for future use.
Hmmmm... sounds exactly like the description for spray paint. Maybe this contains a dye which would be another positive attribute and something that would really darken your cladding.

Sue, I hope this is the perfect solution for you (and therefore all of us!) ;)

Tookie
02/09/2011, 01:25 AM
You tried using 303 on leather? Says it can but iono lol.

Maybe I will jsut spray it everywhere.

You know, if we all get together, and buy a gallon each...we could dunk all our VX's!!!!

rowhard
02/09/2011, 07:34 AM
Wish they also did a dark gray which is the correct color

VXjunky
02/09/2011, 09:11 AM
sue...in the manufacturers text you've provided..its says not to be used over waterspots...does this imply that any color variations in the cladding are going to transfer thru? ...and consistency in color wont be achieved?...could you pose such questions to the Rep when you talk

VX KAT
02/09/2011, 10:12 AM
sue...in the manufacturers text you've provided..its says not to be used over waterspots...does this imply that any color variations in the cladding are going to transfer thru? ...and consistency in color wont be achieved?...could you pose such questions to the Rep when you talk

I caught that too junky....I'll ask the rep as much as I can....then I'll ask him some more....:goof:

Tookie, yes, I tried 303 on the leather, but I liked the Meguiars leathercare better...seemed like it penetrated it better.

Can't recall the type of plastic our cladding is....TPO or some 3 initials...don't think it's PVC :_thinking. I want to mention it to the rep. Searched but it's too broad to find it easily.....Anybody recall??

bobbyfullen
02/09/2011, 11:11 AM
I ordered a bottle also, I will send out before and afters as soon as I get it on!

LittleBeast
02/09/2011, 12:19 PM
Looks promising keep us updated :-)

Osteomata
02/09/2011, 01:12 PM
Sue were you not satisfied with carsystem Refinish Restorer?

Ebenezr
02/09/2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks Kat. I ordered it! I said to myself just yesterday that the cladding is next.
P.S. : I thought you had a maroon VX.?

VX KAT
02/09/2011, 03:47 PM
Sue were you not satisfied with carsystem Refinish Restorer?

Oh my, I've written a book about it.....in a word...no, it didn't work out for me. It ended up chipping off on the entire front bumper which I assume was from airborne particles. It also chipped off anywhere it was abraded from a bush or tree branch when I was off-road. I then learned it could be blasted off completely using the pressure washer at real close range, so that's what I've been doing to get ready to try something else.

Others have had tremendous success with it, and it's still a fantastic product. The best explanation we can surmise is my surface prep was faulty/inadequate. (Although I did it pretty darn carefully).

Another thought was that my PO had applied something "permanent" to the cladding. Mine has never ever looked dry and chalky like many older, neglected ones do. Mine also seems to be a rather different hue than most everybody...it's almost a bluish /light gray color....another oddity. Although LDub and some others believe the darker colors came with lighter cladding and vice versa. I've now been in person with at least 15+ VXs and I think everybody agrees, my cladding is a weird lighter color. (Even Mike and Kirk thought so this past Sunday when they saw mine)

I haven't applied ANYTHING to my cladding for 2 yrs now. I left it nekkid for 3 months before my 1st coat of R/R, then applied a 2nd coat about a year later. Over the past 4 months or so I've spent some time blasting it off with the pressure washer, but haven't applied any product, whatsoever, including when I run it through the cheapo car wash.

Because of this experience, I'm gun shy about trying any "permanent" stuff. So I've been thinking about TS-1 (vt_maverick has been using it) since that's a semi-perm product you reapply every 90 days or so. But when this Black Fusion said 1 yr, I thought that may be the better choice for me. If it's no good, I figure it will just wear off and I'll be no worse for the wear.

Just as an FYI, and in case you have nothing better to do with your time...:rollo::laugho:, here's some info as I chronicled my experience, and many others did too.

I think I'm going to group all the pertinent cladding threads and start a cladding Wiki.

Pretty much can start here, on page two (2), post #49 on.
http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15140&highlight=refinish+restorer

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=196562&postcount=5

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18229&highlight=cladding+possessed

Triathlete
02/09/2011, 04:36 PM
P.S. : I thought you had a maroon VX.?

Nope, she has a foxfire:bwgy:

VXjunky
02/09/2011, 05:15 PM
just went to ebay to check out the product...holy crap $12 shipping!

VX KAT
02/09/2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, shipping is abusive on both their ebay listing and their webstie. Mine was $15.13 :freek: on ebay, but that was .40 cents cheaper than their website.

VXjunky
02/09/2011, 05:28 PM
and ive yet to find it carried in any stores...and ive been surfin the heck out of the stuff via the web

Ebenezr
02/09/2011, 06:52 PM
Nope, she has a foxfire:bwgy:

Oh dear. I must ask forgiveness from the council...I have surely committed an impardonable act. Please do not excommunicate me everybody. I dearly need the forum and would be crushed if I were cast out. I called a foxfire.....maroon. sorry.:badhorse: :tweed:

Scott Larson
02/09/2011, 06:55 PM
Can't recall the type of plastic our cladding is....TPO or some 3 initials...don't think it's PVC :_thinking. I want to mention it to the rep. Searched but it's too broad to find it easily.....Anybody recall??[/QUOTE]

Sue, that would be TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) or TPR (Thermoplastic Rubber). They are the same thing, just a different acronym. The snowmobile and atv market has been using it for years. Sorry, I had an FYI moment...

Scott Larson
02/09/2011, 07:02 PM
Oh dear. I must ask forgiveness from the council...I have surely committed an impardonable act. Please do not excommunicate me everybody. I dearly need the forum and would be crushed if I were cast out. I called a foxfire.....maroon. sorry.:badhorse: :tweed:

Ebz, you are banished! What next, you drive a BLACK VX???

vt_maverick
02/09/2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah, shipping is abusive on both their ebay listing and their webstie. Mine was $15.13 :freek: on ebay, but that was .40 cents cheaper than their website.

Just wanted to point out that even with pricey shipping this product is cheaper than TS-1 Armordillo (assuming it lasts as long as advertised). I think I'm going to finish off my TS-1 pads over the next 3-6 months then consider picking up a bottle of this stuff if you guys give it good reviews.

Regarding rowhard's comment on black vs. dark gray... I don't know that it's too big a deal if the cladding ends up darker than it looked from the factory, but I do question how good black cladding will look on a Foxfire or Dragon.

RICHARD PAYNE
02/09/2011, 07:07 PM
I think you guys will like this stuff it usually is available only to professional detailer and mine is one of the best. It lasts and lasts and yes it does work on the hood insert. We get those looking good. Good luck.

Ebenezr
02/09/2011, 07:10 PM

Well golly....It looks black to me.:bomb:

VX KAT
02/09/2011, 08:07 PM

Well golly....It looks black to me.:bomb:

Oh man, we can't banish him Scott...he clearly needs our help....lots of help!
OK Ebz, it's spelled E-B-O-N-Y and it looks black.....but promise us now you'll never call it black again and we'll let cha back in our clubhouse!
:slap::disturbed

Ebenezr
02/09/2011, 08:15 PM
Oh man, we can't banish him Scott...he clearly needs our help....lots of help!
OK Ebz, it's spelled E-B-O-N-Y and it looks black.....but promise us now you'll never call it black again and we'll let cha back in our clubhouse!
:slap::disturbed

But see KAT isn't it a white one you have in your original post.....Oh no. I did it again. Its a Alpine??? Oh mercy mercy...have mercy!

circmand
02/09/2011, 08:17 PM
This stuff is available to profesional detailers and is used by car dealers. Not available in stores but everyone loves it. Decent price but S&H is way more than actual cost to ship. All the eperts use it but no one has ever heard of it and the company pres says so. These are things that to me mean scam.

VX KAT
02/09/2011, 08:39 PM
This stuff is available to profesional detailers and is used by car dealers. Not available in stores but everyone loves it. Decent price but S&H is way more than actual cost to ship. All the eperts use it but no one has ever heard of it and the company pres says so. These are things that to me mean scam.

I wouldn't jump to scam that quick Dave. Abusive shipping?...Yes, for sure, but seems that's the "norm" pretty much these days, especially on ebay.
I felt much better knowing that Richard Payne has been using it for 6 months with good results. If it last 6 months, and darkens my clad a bit I'll be happy. If I don't like it, it apparently wears off...so I figured it's not too big of a risk. To properly "paint" my cladding to be a darker shade in a nice matte finish is around $600....I just can't justify that for me, so for $35 I thought I'd give 'er a go!

VXjunky
02/09/2011, 11:54 PM
does anyone know how long this product has been in existence....if the guy on ebay is the manufacturer....he's only accumulated (3) rating....for those familiar with ebay....thats a newbie or someone who starts new accounts all the time...sometimes for unscrupulous reasons

technocoy
02/10/2011, 06:48 AM
Well, unless Richard is flat out lying to everyone that his crew uses it and it works as advertised it seems pretty safe to say the guy isn't scamming everyone. Given that Richard has become a pretty active member of the board recently I just have a hard time believing that.

Usually scams don't revolve around a very specialized, small demographic product that costs less than 100 bucks.

VX KAT
02/10/2011, 07:10 AM
Well, unless Richard is flat out lying to everyone that his crew uses it and it works as advertised it seems pretty safe to say the guy isn't scamming everyone. Given that Richard has become a pretty active member of the board recently I just have a hard time believing that.

Usually scams don't revolve around a very specialized, small demographic product that costs less than $40 bucks.
x2...what he said. :thumbup:

circmand
02/10/2011, 07:27 AM
I wouldn't jump to scam that quick Dave. Abusive shipping?...Yes, for sure, but seems that's the "norm" pretty much these days, especially on ebay.
I felt much better knowing that Richard Payne has been using it for 6 months with good results. If it last 6 months, and darkens my clad a bit I'll be happy. If I don't like it, it apparently wears off...so I figured it's not too big of a risk. To properly "paint" my cladding to be a darker shade in a nice matte finish is around $600....I just can't justify that for me, so for $35 I thought I'd give 'er a go!

My point wasnt is a scam but a caveat beware it may be one.

I am sure Richard is honest but as he has not had long term success with it yet after all aplying it and looking like new while not being driven and then sell it in a month or two and not seeing long term results I think his review may be short sighted and the result of immediate results. As for the shipping ebay allows you to report sellers (didnt notice the 3 rating) for excessive shipping and is being very active in curtailing that abuse. Not to say if you (who I trust) applys it and says 1 year later it was great I will order it (but not at that S&H rate) at least without reporting it. After all where do the dealers and all the detailers buy it? It hasnt been on ebay and no one else seems to have heard of it even our fellow members who are extremely stoked at keeping their VX looking awesome

technocoy
02/10/2011, 10:47 AM
Man, I'm glad to hear they are trying to crack down on the shipping crap. What a bunch of malarky. Just price it what you want it to sell for.

VX KAT
02/10/2011, 10:52 AM
Got it today. Here's some pics & instructions.
Interesting how much particulates and sediment there is at different levels. Must shake it well throughout use. Sorry instructions are so small...that's as big as I could get it.
To the laboratory I go for experimentation.......

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCF2791.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCF2785.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCF2786.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/TC_Black_Fusion_Larger_Scan.jpeg

VX KAT
02/10/2011, 10:59 AM
Man, I'm glad to hear they are trying to crack down on the shipping crap. What a bunch of malarky. Just price it what you want it to sell for.

Actually, ebay has single-handedly created this problem because they upped the final value fees so much at the back end of the transaction. FVF are based on the selling price. So it's cheaper for the seller to "transfer" more of the costs into shipping/handling, thereby avoiding some of the FVF. In reality, just look at the total price + s/h and determine if that's what you're willing to pay for an item.

etlsport
02/10/2011, 11:06 AM
Didn't see anyone answer your question.. Our cladding material is polypropolyne

VX KAT
02/10/2011, 11:12 AM
Didn't see anyone answer your question.. Our cladding material is polypropolyne

Is that the same as the stuff Scott listed in Post #19?

technocoy
02/10/2011, 12:20 PM
Interesting. Well, not like we all thought that eBay was exactly the squeakiest of companies, I guess. Haha. Good to know the main reason though.

Actually, ebay has single-handedly created this problem because they upped the final value fees so much at the back end of the transaction. FVF are based on the selling price. So it's cheaper for the seller to "transfer" more of the costs into shipping/handling, thereby avoiding some of the FVF. In reality, just look at the total price + s/h and determine if that's what you're willing to pay for an item.

etlsport
02/10/2011, 08:34 PM
Is that the same as the stuff Scott listed in Post #19?

Sort of.. Polypropylene is a material used to make a TPE or is a type of TPE (To be honest I donr know which)

all of the literature I have on the vx lists "raw polypropylene cladding"

RickOKC
02/11/2011, 08:11 AM
I remember seeing it listed on Deermagnet's window sticker (http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/stick.html): "Anti-Chip Polyproplyene Body Cladding" (Exterior section center column.)

SlowPro48
02/11/2011, 02:55 PM
Sue I hope you'll try this out on your polypropylene trash bin first to make sure it's not a type of coating that will flake off. You've already done your time with flaky cladding treatments! Who knows what's in this stuff - could be 10 cents worth of boiled linseed oil, a flattening agent to soften the shine and a pinch of soot from the baghouse of the local coal-fired boiler to darken things up a bit...

As they say - test in an inconspicuous area!

IndianaVX
02/11/2011, 03:23 PM
I remember seeing it listed on Deermagnet's window sticker (http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/stick.html): "Anti-Chip Polyproplyene Body Cladding" (Exterior section center column.)

oh man, i must be tired.......i was thinking to myself "self, that is a goofie thing to put on a sticker on the center column......wonder if its above, or below the Vehicross logo"

:grino:

Bob Barker
02/11/2011, 03:48 PM
haha!

VX KAT
02/11/2011, 06:21 PM
UPDATE:
Tested on a small piece of cladding I have (from when dub installed my hitch). I taped over half of it and sprayed exactly as listed. Shaking the bottle continuously. It turned out to be mostly CLEAR, and dried to a satin shine.

Did a 2nd coat next day, same thing, essentially CLEAR. Basically, looks just like Restore/Refinish..:_thinking

Emailed the prez, said I hadn't heard from sales rep yet.

Sales rep called...explained they've switched to a flip top bottle (no spray pump I believe)....shouldn't be "clear"...should definitely have more black/charcoal color. Also said it may have been affected going over the Rockies in the severe cold weather during shipping.

Great, me and maybe the 3 other folks that ordered it, may have gotten a LEMON! He's sending me a replacement bottle. So make sure you test yours first (Can just spray it on a white plastic trash bag to see if it's putting out any significant color).

Stay tuned for the next installment!

vt_maverick
02/11/2011, 06:53 PM
And people wonder why we treat new cladding products with such suspicion... :)

VXjunky
02/11/2011, 06:56 PM
***___gotten a "dud?"

Bob Barker
02/11/2011, 08:55 PM
I think Rhino-liner is the best answer for our plastic woe's, and if you are as lucky as I am and have a black VX, then it's the best answer for the whole truck!!!

Grif
02/11/2011, 09:20 PM
Last night I went CSI on the company(s) behind this product. It's like a labyrinth. Multiple related companies each linking each other as the ultimate source, each quoting the other as having the "latest info about their products". All are dead ends.

What I was really going for was the materials data safety sheet (required by the EPA) which would list more detail of its contents, chemical actions and who actually formulated and submitted it. Not that I think its hazardous or anything, but just curious as to where it came from, its contents and then surmise how it works.

Anyhoo, dead ends so far as that particular product goes. They do seem to have a great line of other products tho... hehe.. Sold under "Technicians Choice", "Elite Car Protection" and "Platinum Professional Car Wash" products.

VX KAT
02/11/2011, 09:33 PM
Last night I went CSI on the company(s) behind this product. It like a labyrinth. Multiple related companies each linking each other as the ultimate source, each quoting the other as having the "latest info about their products". All are dead ends.

What I was really going for was the materials data safety sheet (required by the EPA) which would list more detail of its contents, chemical actions and who actually formulated and submitted it. Not that I think its hazardous or anything, but just curious as to where it came from, its contents and then surmise how it works.

Anyhoo, dead ends so far as far as that particular product goes. They do seem to have a great line of other products tho... hehe.. Sold under "Technicians Choice", "Elite Car Protection" and "Platinum Professional Car Wash" products.

Yeah I noticed the instructions included the statement: "Refer to MSDS before use"....but they sure didn't give us a MSDS, or make it easy to get one apparently!

This product is called "Technician's Choice Black Fusion", so are you saying this one doesn't show up under that product line where you were looking?

Grif
02/11/2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah I noticed the instructions included the statement: "Refer to MSDS before use"....but they sure didn't give us a MSDS, or make it easy to get one apparently!

This product is called "Technician's Choice Black Fusion", so are you saying this one doesn't show up under that product line where you were looking?

Yes mam, no documentation at all. Tho it is definitely a "Technicians Choice" product.

Kona-Vs
02/11/2011, 09:50 PM
Looks like a "good old bottle of snake oil" to me:p

VX KAT
02/11/2011, 10:09 PM
I'm thinking it has something to do with the dispersal and the color particles not coming out the sprayer. Just take a look at surf-life's cladding, or some of Richard Payne's other VXs for sale. Richard has seen it being used for 6 months with good results. I'll have to reserve judgement until I try the 2nd bottle.....we'll see...

Grif
02/11/2011, 10:09 PM

Don't be too quick to judge. All I did was dig their myriad of sites for product info.

To be fair, they do not post any actual MSDS sheets for any of their other products either, but they do have copious amounts of info for all of their products except "TEC70" which is the product in question.

vt_maverick
02/12/2011, 05:48 PM
Like sands through the hour glass... so are the cladding products we try. :)

Staying tuned for round 2... :thumbup:

bobbyfullen
02/16/2011, 12:51 PM
I just got mine in and it worked just like they said!!!!!

bobbyfullen
02/16/2011, 12:54 PM
My claddiing is in poor shape but after just one application it looks 100 percent better!!!! It took very little to do it and it was done in just a few minutes!!!! I say it is great stuff and on a VX that was in better shape than mine it would be worth it to use this product.!!!!

Mile High VX
02/16/2011, 01:16 PM
My claddiing is in poor shape but after just one application it looks 100 percent better!!!! It took very little to do it and it was done in just a few minutes!!!! I say it is great stuff and on a VX that was in better shape than mine it would be worth it to use this product.!!!!

Any before and after pics?

Bob Barker
02/16/2011, 01:18 PM
You sound like a saleman for the product.

VX KAT
02/16/2011, 02:12 PM
I just got mine in and it worked just like they said!!!!!
:mado: I hate you bobbyfullen!! :laugho: j/k...figures, doesn't it, that I'd get the jacked bottle of stuff....:rollo: still waiting on the 2nd bottle...hopefully it didn't get frozen along the way.

circmand
02/16/2011, 03:22 PM

Many products look great right after application. Our concern are long lasting, repel dust not have it stick, no chipping, even coloring etc. Let us see how it looks with pics and then 6 months down the road as well.

VXorado
02/16/2011, 05:35 PM
Many products look great right after application. Our concern are long lasting, repel dust not have it stick, no chipping, even coloring etc. Let us see how it looks with pics and then 6 months down the road as well.

Thats true, Back-to-black looks great for a couple hours before it wears off

Ebenezr
02/24/2011, 10:58 AM
I applied the product TC Black Fusion within 40 minutes today and am quite pleased. (so far)

Before:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_071.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_073.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_074.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_075.jpg

After:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_076.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_077.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_078.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/kitty.jpg

VX KAT
02/24/2011, 11:11 AM
Lookin' good EB!!:thumbup:

Did you get a bottle with a sprayer or a flip top bottle? (They first sent me a spray bottle, then the replacement bottle just has a flip top, have to pour the product onto the cloth sponge.)

How did you apply it? Use that cloth covered sponge they included?

Doesn't look like it made it tremendously "black"...just darker gray...is that what you see?

Doesn't look tremendously shiny...nice sheen, but not glossy/wet looking...is that correct?

Looks like it soaked in (I think that's what it's supposed to do??) so it doesn't look like it's sitting on top of the cladding.

Have any problems with streaking or did applying it create any streaks you had to deal with?

Heck if you got that in 40 mins, and if it holds up for only 6 months, I think it sounds like a success! Add another choice to our cladding treatment list.

May want to post all this under the TC Black Fusion thread to keep it in one place.
Also, may want to add the word "black" to your first post too, so it read "TC Black Fusion" so it can be found when searching.

Ebenezr
02/24/2011, 11:17 AM
I received a spray bottle and used a little piece of an old towel. It applies quickly and the end result is a very dark grey. The lower cladding seems to take it up and is darker than the hood insert and the mirrors. It does streak somewhat if you do not strive for nice even final strokes whiles applying it. It took 3/4 of the 2 ounce bottle and I agree that if it only last a few months I will just reapply it. Heck it goes on faster than waxing a car. And thanks Sue (Kat) for turning us on to this product!

rsteinmetz70112
02/24/2011, 11:23 AM
Looks Great, can't wait to see how it weathers.
Did you do the hood insert? How did that work?

Ebenezr
02/24/2011, 11:37 AM
Yes I did the hood insert but it does not get as dark as the lower cladding. i think the microdimpling in the lower cladding is more pronounced and must serve to gather more of the product thus it turns out darker. The hood insert - in other words - has a much smoother finish. (I think this stuff is just printer ink in some protroleum carrier. They arre immiscible (sp?) until applied and smeared together)

The Coolest car in the parking lot!!!!!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_094.jpg

I just posted this picture on my face book page and an old friend tried to taunt me. I said it is the coolest "Truck" in the parking lot and he said it was not a truck. I posted him one of my favorite vids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uAWoGfZ64g&feature=related[img]http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Christmas_pics_095.jpg

circmand
02/24/2011, 12:06 PM
I was not too impressed with the first photos as they looked splotchy but once seeing the pic in the parking lot I was impressed. If it lasts I will definately get some when I finish what I have.

VXjunky
02/24/2011, 12:43 PM
wondering if additional applications will get us a more solid even color overall

RICHARD PAYNE
02/24/2011, 01:24 PM
wondering if additional applications will get us a more solid even color overall
His cladding was really faded; additional coats bring a better darker finish. Faded cladding really requires two coats to look even and smooth. We use it on every VX we have.

VXjunky
02/24/2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks For That Info Rich

VX KAT
02/24/2011, 01:30 PM
Hey Ebzy...edit your first post and add the word "Black" to the Fusion so the thread will come up when anybody searches for it by it's actual product name "Black Fusion" or "TC Black Fusion".

Ebenezr
02/24/2011, 01:37 PM
Hey Ebzy...edit your first post and add the word "Black" to the Fusion so the thread will come up when anybody searches for it by it's actual product name "Black Fusion" or "TC Black Fusion".

How? I cna edit the post but how about the thread title???

Ebenezr
02/24/2011, 01:53 PM
I was not too impressed with the first photos as they looked splotchy but once seeing the pic in the parking lot I was impressed. If it lasts I will definately get some when I finish what I have.

You are not imagining it. I just went out and looked again closer after a few hours of drying and it is quite streaky. I think a 2nd coat is in order but it looks a million times better than the chalky grey.

Moncha
02/24/2011, 02:36 PM
I'll fix the title...

Ebenezr
02/24/2011, 02:40 PM
I'll fix the title...

Everybody...Shhhhh. the administrator is spyin on us. :winky: Thanks.

Ebenezr
02/24/2011, 03:28 PM
Woah Moncha. You the man. I didn't know you could combine threads! Yay.

vt_maverick
02/24/2011, 04:37 PM
FWIW, this is exactly what TS-1 looks like after it's applied. Maybe Eb and I can take pictures in a month, two months, etc. to compare how the two products are holding up. Seems like one or the other will end up being the best "topical" treatment.

VX KAT
02/25/2011, 09:05 PM
Eb- Now that it's been a few days, is it a dust magnet at all?

Does it have much shine? Your pics look pretty matte or maybe satin...maybe 1st coat absorbed in, maybe 2nd coat would make it more shiny than it is now. My test panel looked really shiny, almost glossy.:_thinking

Ebenezr
02/26/2011, 12:09 PM
I will go take a picture right now and post in a moment. OK here it is. I am VERY pleased with the appearance. It does not suck up dust so far. It went on kind of smudgy streaky but a second coat would fix that. Still it is way better than grey. It is a satin finish not too glossy and not too matt-ee

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC04575.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC04574.JPG

There are water spots on it and I plan to power wash in a few hours. we'll see if it gets blasted off. Someone spit on my window- guess they don't like my VX.
KAT you said your "test" panel turned out.....You just need to jump in all the way :dan_ban: Oh I guess you did with a different product.....shame shame. You turned me on to this then you went and used something else. ha ha ha ha.

Bob Barker
02/27/2011, 06:35 AM
Someone spit on your window? That's pretty crooked man! What did you do to them?

VX KAT
02/27/2011, 08:18 AM
KAT you said your "test" panel turned out.....You just need to jump in all the way :dan_ban: Oh I guess you did with a different product.....shame shame. You turned me on to this then you went and used something else. ha ha ha ha.
Actually it was Richard Payne who's detail guy uses it, and we saw it on the one Surf-Life bought. That's how we found about about the product.

When I got a dud, that sprayed only clear, out of frustration while awaiting my replacement bottle I started surfin' again, found the dyes. I'm going to test the BF on my test panel and see what it looks like sprayed on top of my stuff. It still sounds like a great product, especially after the 2nd coat.

Ebenezr
02/27/2011, 09:11 AM
KAT did you only do a couple sprays? Maybe the uptake tube just needed to be run out and loaded with the suspended product.

BillPa
06/27/2011, 12:37 PM
HI,

I'm new here. I stumbled across this site looking for info and results on Black Fusion and thought I tell and show the results I've had so far.

A bit of history. I bought this Dodge Dakota used two years next month. The truck was always garage kept and in like or better than new condition. The previous owner was the clean perfectionist type.

http://i30.tinypic.com/33de1hf.jpg
The only problem, the drip edge on the rear cap window was loose. Its attached with 3M tape.

Did you ever hear "If you want a job done right, do it yourself"? One I should have done myself!

To make a long short a guy said he had re-taped many things. Well, he re-taped it alright, but in the process removing the old tape he marked up the drip edge pretty bad using whatever he used to remove the old tape and adhesive. Worse, after about two months later the drip edge cam loose again. Sigh..... ( Hopefully it was his last tape job!)

I don't know what he got on it, carb cleaner, lacquer thinner or whatever, but it really messed it up. A local shop wanted $65.00 ( parts + labor) to replace it. I decided to give BF a try.

I carefully cleaned off the old tape and adhesive, applied the promoter and tape. The drip edge is now in place and holding a year later, but looked like this from the previous hatchet job.

http://i53.tinypic.com/25jfg3l.jpg

Mother's Back to Black and Armorall kept it looking good for maybe a week or so tops, but was back the uglies in short order.

Three weeks later after the BF application setting outside in sunlight, 90* weather, rain and etc its looking good so far.

http://i51.tinypic.com/28uihk8.jpg

While I was at it I applied it on the tailgate latch handle. Sorry, I don't have a before shot, but it had the typical gray weathered appearance. I apologize for the crappy pics, but the drip edge is as black as the handle.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mgjujq.jpg

To apply it I cleaned it with denatured alcohol and a mild Simple Green / water mix then applied a thin coat of BF, allowed it to dry for an hour then applied a second thin coat. Two thin applications seemed to work better then one wet app. When I say "thin" I mean just enough to dampen the surface, get into the texture with very little excess to wipe off.

I've done everything on the truck, mirrors, cowling, door handles, grill......Everything looks like new. Now I'll see if it outlasts the other stuff, it has so far.

Bill

Ebenezr
06/27/2011, 05:50 PM
So far my tc BF is still holding up. :)

Front_rangeVX
01/29/2014, 10:58 AM
Can't find this anymore :(

What is everyone using now?

JAMAS
01/29/2014, 11:17 AM
Can't find this anymore :(

What is everyone using now?

Do a search for "Showroom New"

it has worked well for me as well as others.

Front_rangeVX
01/29/2014, 01:10 PM
Do a search for "Showroom New"

it has worked well for me as well as others.

Thank you, looking into it now!

evillecutter
01/29/2014, 01:13 PM
i used turtle wax trim restorer and it worked great - lasts months longer than mother's back to black - but those are the only 2 i have tried