PDA

View Full Version : ps2 install

Amack76
09/12/2003, 07:54 PM
hey all i just did a nice(but yet very simple) install of a PS2 under the glove box. If anyone's interested i can post pics, measurements, and directions. cost me less than 3 bucks!!!!!

Triathlete
09/12/2003, 10:30 PM
Do share! Not a mod I'd be interested in but I'm sure there are a lot of others who would. I like to see everyones mod's regardless.;Dy;
Did that $3 include the ps2?;eeky; ;Dy; ;py; :laughy: :laughy: :naughty:

-x-
09/13/2003, 07:34 AM
Nice to see how that worked out. I couldnt get it in the glove box so i started brainstorming and ended up with my PS2 where the factory radio is ;Db; For tha glove box i have in mind a good ole nintendo if i can find one.....x

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/204hidden_ps2-med.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3046/204ps2indash2-med.jpg

coachreed
09/15/2003, 04:59 AM
-X-

I still can't believe you were able to stuff the complete PS2 into the dash like that. From what I recall when I installed my Elipse 55090 DVD player in the stock HU location, it seems you had to cut quite a bit outta the dash. I personally am going to gut my sons PS2 and just install the drive into a panel and make custom harnesses to install the MB in the dash. I will also be able to get by without an invertor as I will end up with some kind of DC-DC power supply for that and my computer. Now... if I could just find time to do this crap! lol Anyway, nice work no matter how you did it... it looks great.

TTYL!

WormGod
09/15/2003, 08:25 AM
Hard mounting a console should be made with the idea of "upgrading" in mind. Remember, PS3 and XBox2 are on their way. ;) Watch making those spaces too small or too big for the newest goods. I currently just lay the PS2 or XBox in the VX somewhere without hard mounting. Of course, i don't leave it in there and only tote it along in case I am going to be sitting somewhere for a good amount of time and need to enter geek-mode. :D

-x-
09/16/2003, 02:01 PM
....it was mostly bending and a little cutting ;Db; it was a lot of fun getting it in there which is probly the only reason i got it in -cause i had many people tell me it wasnt possible, including the shop that did the work on my subs/rear hatch :rolleyes: but im satisfied so far ;) with how its come out...dvd movies up top and music cds on the bottom one of my best set-ups yet....x

Amack - no pics yet ? interested to see what else is capable...

Navigator
09/17/2003, 11:21 AM
Your commitment and dedication to the PS2 platform shines like a beacon. I know you are proud of your accomplishment. Kudo's.

BTW I keep a Game Boy Advance in the glove box to pass around to my kids when bordom strikes. No where near the selection of titles, but good enuf :D

valenki
09/17/2003, 11:57 AM
Dont mean to knock on other peoples mods cause I am in a delema for a computer mod myself, but where are you going to fit all the buttons that are usually on the left of the head unit???????????? Just wondering.

-x-
09/18/2003, 04:08 PM
...the cruise control, hazard type switches i myself decided to relocate to the "fuzzy hole" area. i believe pathfinders/rodeos have the switches there from tha factory.

i've relocated the wires to that area it was just a matter of un-tapping them and pulling them over to the left. i have yet to complete because i cant seem to get off my butt to order the swtich bezzel thingie...x

hope that can help or inspire a lil sum sum ;Db;

Amack76
09/26/2003, 10:33 PM
finally got the pic, it isn't THAT custom, but it sits nice and leaves a lil room for bounce......just in case ;)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2581&papass=&sort=1&size=

nocturnalVX
09/27/2003, 07:36 AM
What does your dash look like now? Got any pics with everything done? I thought I was a video game junkie, but I haven't gone that extreme... yet! Now you can play that game with the VX while sitting in the real deal!