PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam procedure

mindaugas
02/05/2011, 08:29 AM
Does this look legit? From other instructions I saw, looks like what I should do. However, the "drive it like you stole it" has me worried. I'm going to do this today and then change the oil over to mobil1.

http://www.fordrides.com/howto/seafoam.html

VX KAT
02/05/2011, 09:45 AM
There's MANY on here that use Seafoam...do a search, that's what I did and there's many threads about it with good info/ instructions.

VXorado
02/05/2011, 10:55 AM
Seafoam is great. I think it works best in the air intake system. Rather than pouring it in a vaccum line (as the link says), pour the seafoam in a cup and pull the PCV valve. With the PCV valve still attached, use the vacuum line to suck all the seafoam into the intake system. It may choke up the engine for a moment but afterward the engine purrs & it cleans the PCV valve.

Have fun :happyface

mindaugas
02/05/2011, 11:56 AM
There's MANY on here that use Seafoam...do a search, that's what I did and there's many threads about it with good info/ instructions.

Sorry Kat, I know it's good, I was just looking to see if these instructions were appropriate for a VX, since I've never used seafoam before. I'm doing an oil change now. And my VX came with a K&N filter, awesome.

VX KAT
02/05/2011, 02:30 PM
Sorry Kat, I know it's good, I was just looking to see if these instructions were appropriate for a VX, since I've never used seafoam before. I'm doing an oil change now. And my VX came with a K&N filter, awesome.

Yeah, I hadn't used anything like that before either, so I sure was tracking down the instructions on what and what not to do.

mindaugas
02/05/2011, 06:28 PM
Everything worked great. I just reved the motor until smoke went away and then changed the oil. Also cleaned up the headlights, replaced EGR gasket, pcv, cleaned K&N with the recharge kit. I seafoamed through the pcv using a cup, it was kind of sad watching it suck it down and cough and choke. Yeah, thats right, I think of my VX as alive, or it just reminded me of harry potter feeding dumbledore the poison from the horecrux. :p