Nice find...:thumbup:

I sure miss Tone, specially in May...:crying:

RIP Bro...:heart:.:yesgray:

ibmx2
01/31/2011, 07:28 PM
that was a great read !!!

jhigareda
01/31/2011, 08:35 PM
Ive heard about the man, but to read this was great. I wish I was around earlier since he made such an impact on this Vehi way of life.

DogBoneVX
02/01/2011, 05:26 AM
Cool.

vt_maverick
02/01/2011, 05:43 AM
Good find Mark. Aside from the VX's out-of-the-box capability, Tone must have been one he11 of a driver.

Mile High VX
02/01/2011, 05:50 AM
Thanks for sharing...great read and a great guy.

VX crazy
02/01/2011, 05:51 AM
Good find Mark. Aside from the VX's out-of-the-box capability, Tone must have been one he11 of a driver.

He WAS! I have some amazing video when he and went to a mercedes track event in his ml and he mounted a video camera on the seat, I am screaming and he is laughing, great times! He could drive anything well!

DogBoneVX
02/01/2011, 06:25 AM
How exactly did Tone die?

vt_maverick
02/01/2011, 06:30 AM
That question was asked but never answered in his memorial thread, so I assume his family doesn't want to discuss it in an internet forum. Not insinuating anything, I just think it's a privacy issue.

WormGod
02/01/2011, 06:56 AM
Pfft, not to down talk Tone, but I remember that and that's not a wreck. :p

Yep, I miss my conversations with Tone. Always fun when 2 condescending realist fools like us 2 could go head to head in arguments/discussions. You learn the most from those types of communications, heh.

mindaugas
02/01/2011, 07:15 AM
Wow, great article. Wish I could have been here when he was around. Is there any video of him racing in the VX? I'd love to see that.
Tone must have been one he11 of a driver .. ditto

Cobrajet
02/01/2011, 12:19 PM
Awesome read!! Makes me proud to be VX owner!!

DogBoneVX
02/02/2011, 05:23 AM
That question was asked but never answered in his memorial thread, so I assume his family doesn't want to discuss it in an internet forum. Not insinuating anything, I just think it's a privacy issue.

That's understandable.

Since no one wants to disclose it, in my mind he went out David Carradine style.

VX crazy
02/02/2011, 01:10 PM
Well since you never knew Tone, its kinda a rude statement for you to make here......Tones true friends from here, and you all know who you are ;), know the circumstances of his death and thats the way it should be.

That's understandable.

Since no one wants to disclose it, in my mind he went out David Carradine style.

vt_maverick
02/02/2011, 02:21 PM
:fyi: If you click the "Edit" button on your post there's an option to "Delete this Post." ;)

DogBoneVX
02/02/2011, 02:26 PM
Well since you never knew Tone, its kinda a rude statement for you to make here......Tones true friends from here, and you all know who you are ;), know the circumstances of his death and thats the way it should be.

I'm sorry that you think my statement is rude. I was under the impression that I could think whatever I wanted, even on the internet. Seem's like a sensitive subject though. So I'll leave it alone.

circmand
02/02/2011, 02:36 PM
I'm sorry that you think my statement is rude. I was under the impression that I could think whatever I wanted, even on the internet. Seem's like a sensitive subject though. So I'll leave it alone.

You can think and write what you want. That right also extends to others to think and write about what you thought and wrote. For some reason people seem to think the right to free speech is only for them and that it is also the right to be free from being criticized. Its not. If you cant take being disagreed with start a blog that does not allow comment.

VX KAT
02/02/2011, 02:37 PM
:_wtf::confused: Just seems like a weird comment, a real weird bizarre comment....given that Carradine was found hanging, and had a cord from his neck to his genitals...a suspected sex game gone wrong....:confused:...that's all we're saying...

DogBoneVX
02/02/2011, 03:33 PM
You can think and write what you want. That right also extends to others to think and write about what you thought and wrote. For some reason people seem to think the right to free speech is only for them and that it is also the right to be free from being criticized. Its not. If you cant take being disagreed with start a blog that does not allow comment.

Soooo.... I was going to leave it alone.

I have no problem with being criticized or disagreed with. As you said, it's a part of freedom of speech.

Would it make you sensitive types feel better if I said,

"...in my mind he went out in a fiery VX crash."

or

"...in my mind he went out driving his VX off a cliff."

or

"in my mind he went out in a gun battle wild wild west style."

The fact of the matter is that you as well as many others on here are very sensitive to the subject, and I can respect that. I was merely trying to make light of the subject by my first comment. For that I apologize to all I might have offended.

Scott Harness
02/04/2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks! I think you will find we are a good family here...plus don't ruin my Kung Fu memories

Chris Perosi
02/04/2011, 04:24 PM
Very sorry and humbled to hear of the loss of a great old friend. :-(

geshaw30
02/06/2011, 11:07 AM
Irrelevant how he left really, as those of us close to him know, and I will say there was nothing undignified about his passing. Sufficed to say the man was a legend. My VX still has countless Tone fingerprints all over it from the mods done here over the years and, when I eventually sell her someday, someone out there is going to get a one of a kind ride. There are not many out there like mine and it's all because of the guru.

RIP in my old friend...we'll all be there to see you someday & tell many stories. :angel:

VX crazy
02/06/2011, 11:21 AM
George you couldnt have said it better! That is part of the hard part for me to get rid of either VX, the fact that Tone made them both what they are! BTW hope Cary is doing well and hope we can all get together soon!

geshaw30
02/06/2011, 06:53 PM
George you couldnt have said it better! That is part of the hard part for me to get rid of either VX, the fact that Tone made them both what they are! BTW hope Cary is doing well and hope we can all get together soon!

Thanks and he'll always be missed by those who were close. Cary is healing slowly but is home and resting which speeds things along. Once things improve how bout we get together for BBQ at the Salt Lick? That place is unbelievable !!!

VX crazy
02/07/2011, 05:01 AM
Thanks and he'll always be missed by those who were close. Cary is healing slowly but is home and resting which speeds things along. Once things improve how bout we get together for BBQ at the Salt Lick? That place is unbelievable !!!

DEAL!