PDA

View Full Version : New Tires, Shaking & Speed

doubleadesign
09/11/2003, 06:39 PM
I just got 31" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. They look great. The ride is nice.
Here's the "but" that I hope I can get a few answers to...they are a bit loud. I can live with that, and I'm sure they may settle down after a few more miles. It also seem that when I hit 70 mph, a lot of shaking goes on especially in the rear. My back seat are all over the place. Do I need an alignment? What ever is causing this problem is keeping my VX from the performance I was used to with my stock tires. Have I just shot myself in the foot just to look cool at a stop light? Well, so far it will keep me from getting any speeding tickets. I appreciate any help!

AnalogVX
09/11/2003, 07:32 PM
Welcome to board!
I would try have the tires re-balanced. I had a vibration from my new A/T's and a re-balance helped a lot. From what understand, meat-hooks like the Baja Claws need extra special attention when balancing anyway. I'm sure someone might chime in on this If I am wrong.

Mr. I-MAN
09/11/2003, 07:52 PM
Post some pics of those new meats.

SPAZZ
09/11/2003, 08:54 PM
check your speed rating...my 32x11.5x17 Super Swamper Radials are fine off road and on...loud only until I hit 80 MPH....then if I go even 1MPH over that and my VX starts scooting all over the place....

doubleadesign
09/12/2003, 09:09 AM
I'll put up some pics soon. I need to wash the beast first. I need to make a good first impression. And i'll be making an appointment for an alignment.
BTW, I was TinMan on the V-Mag board. it has just taken me forever to signup over here.