PDA

View Full Version : hi all, buying advice?

muckyboii
01/31/2011, 10:01 AM
hi all, finally got around to joining this forum have been meaning to for a while but as i dont actually own a vehicross yet could do with the advice.

umm well abit about why im here i spose. have been interested in vehicross for ages and know a little bit about them but couldnt afford one at my age (19) but locally to me there is what im hoping a good find. basically there has been a vehicross sat 2 mins down the road from me for what i can gather by some locals aslong as 8-10 years. its a p reg and it is totally green but otherwise looks to be fully complete. now i havent knocked on the door of this house to ask if the owner wants to sell it or to even find out whats rong with it. but im geussing that 3-5 years from new something major has gone rong with it and expensive for it to just sit and go green.

how much should i look to offer for something like this?

thats even if the owner would sell but im hoping after all this time he might be glad to get his drive back. it obv has not mot and no tax i know nothing about the mechanical condition of this but if a vehicross had been sat for upto 10 years will every rubber seal and oil in diffs ect be needing attention?

infact the owner could be a member of this forum ? the reg is p788trl

any advice would be much apreciated
cheers tommy :happyface

vt_maverick
01/31/2011, 10:05 AM
Two questions:

(1) What does "its a p reg and it is totally green but otherwise looks to be fully complete" mean in American? ;) :p (Not kidding, I really don't know.)

(2) Can you take pics for us to see? Otherwise you're not going to get very specific feedback.

Finally, if it has been sitting for awhile you are going to have major problems getting it up and running again for exactly the reasons you mentioned - gasket failures, lubricant breakdown, rust, etc. Again pics would be helpful.

VXjunky
01/31/2011, 10:16 AM
Tommy Can You Hear ME? ....yup, muckyboii...we havent a clue in the USA what youre talking about

muckyboii
01/31/2011, 10:18 AM
p reg is translated to model year 1997 :)

and totally green i mean its covered in i geuss moss algae n mould.

i havent got any pictures of this jeep but im tempted to knock on the door and ask if theyd sell it cheep im not bothered if the engine needs a full rebuild or replacement as id like to think im quite handy with 4x4 ( drive a modded suzuki samurai ) but im not sure i could do with every little item on the jeep needing attention.

is there any rust areas on the jeep that i should look out for or do these vehicrosses generally not rot? plus its been sat still for 8-10 years so no road salt is going to under the arches

cheers tommy

VXjunky
01/31/2011, 10:42 AM
suzuki samurai?...well youve endeared yourself to me

vt_maverick
01/31/2011, 10:47 AM
Knock on the door and if he's interested see if you can take pics and get back to him. In general VX's aren't subject to any unusually high rotting potential, but if it's growing mold it can't be good. Start with pics and we'll see...

muckyboii
01/31/2011, 11:09 AM
suzuki samurai?...well youve endeared yourself to me

if i knew how to upload pictures id give you a taster.. shes just been freshly painted ford tracto blue :)

but yess i shall have to knock on the door and see if i can offer some money for the beast fingers crossed he will sell. its the only way im going to be able to afford to buy a vehicross at the moment, but its also the way id best like to buy one with all my cars and 4x4s i buy them and do them up so that im happy with them.

cheers tommy

circmand
01/31/2011, 01:01 PM
if i knew how to upload pictures id give you a taster.. shes just been freshly painted ford tracto blue :)

but yess i shall have to knock on the door and see if i can offer some money for the beast fingers crossed he will sell. its the only way im going to be able to afford to buy a vehicross at the moment, but its also the way id best like to buy one with all my cars and 4x4s i buy them and do them up so that im happy with them.

cheers tommy

Shes just been painted a Ford Tractor Blue Im a guessin she aint been sittin and the owner is still a driving

vt_maverick
01/31/2011, 01:07 PM
I think the OP meant he had just painted his Samurai Ford Tractor Blue...

VX KAT
01/31/2011, 05:20 PM

HOW TO UPLOAD PICS TO YOUR GALLERY

~Click on "Gallery" in the blue header above

~Then click "Gallery Links" from the same blue header

~In that drop down box you should see, second from the bottom..."Upload photos" - Click that.

~Then it will let you select 5 pics (one at a time) from your computer. Click on "Choose File" and find the pic you want. If they're really big megapixels, I've found it bombs out if I do more than 2 at a time. So I'd hit "Upload/submit" after those 2, then just do a few at a time.

~If they're smaller files, you can do all 5 at once.

~Sometimes, after it's done uploading your pics, it will show another screen where you have to click at the bottom of screen..."Process".

Greasemonkey
04/15/2011, 02:45 PM
Make me an offer thats reasonable
cheers
Steve
over 5k and i would consider it -