PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu Key + FOB all in one

vxaddict
01/27/2011, 03:44 PM
So I just did an impulse buy on Ebay and picked up one of these puppies...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-ISUZU-KEY-KEYLESS-REMOTE-COMBO-FLIP-/110629861137?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AIsuzu&hash=item19c20db711

I'll let you all know how it works (if it does at all). The idea of having a flipout key fob like what new cars have these days is nice. Besides, I was looking for a new key anyway, mine's currently bent - probably from trying to open the rear cargo door w/ the key itself...

VXjunky
01/27/2011, 04:40 PM
axxess blank 51R,rubber head....$1.69 @ Walmart...$1.89 Home Depot

vxaddict
01/27/2011, 06:02 PM
LOL - I know I could have picked up a simple key blank for cheap. I was looking for something a little different. We'll see if I just threw $40 out the window..

VXjunky
01/27/2011, 06:25 PM
___I Confess....I got one too...Way cool...thanks...hmmmmm...,now whata i do with 4 spare keys????? how many hide-a-keys does one car need?

VXorado
01/27/2011, 07:35 PM
LOL - I know I could have picked up a simple key blank for cheap. I was looking for something a little different. We'll see if I just threw $40 out the window..

Nice find, let us know if it works. I need a key fob & and extra key, so this looks perfect.

VXjunky
01/27/2011, 07:39 PM
its so "GangSta!"

circmand
01/28/2011, 06:58 AM
How do you carry your other keys and is it really that much bigger than the fob? Looks like it takes up some pocket room.

tom4bren
01/28/2011, 08:10 AM
IIRC, we can have up to 4 FOBs programmed at any given time (subsequent FOBs programmed cause the earliest ones programmed to drop out). The point is, if you get this and program it, check to make sure that all of your original FOBs still work & if not, repeat the program instructions with whatever FOB isn't working anymore. Can someone verify how good/bad my memory is?

Mile High VX
01/28/2011, 08:40 AM
Can someone verify how good/bad my memory is?

Your good memory is bad and your bad memory is good...just seems to work that way...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

tom4bren
01/28/2011, 09:03 AM
Thanks - that was NO help at all!!!

& I hope you stub your toe on the ottoman when you get home tonight.

Mile High VX
01/28/2011, 09:47 AM
I hope you stub your toe on the ottoman when you get home tonight.

I work from home, so I'll just go do it now....

OUCH!

Happy now?

:smilewink:yesgray::bgwo::yeso::bgwb::yesb:

tom4bren
01/28/2011, 10:13 AM
:dan_ban:

vxaddict
02/05/2011, 09:03 PM
How do you carry your other keys and is it really that much bigger than the fob? Looks like it takes up some pocket room.

I still haven't received the thing yet. :mady: Ebay seller shows it's been shipped, but with no tracking ID. I emailed the seller today, so hopefully should have an answer soon.

In the meantime, I'll go over to Home Depot tomorrow and get some Axxess blanks cut just in case.

VXjunky
02/05/2011, 09:36 PM
mine came yesterday....the frickin things HUGE....it will definitely be the only thing i carry in that pocket,when in use....real cool switch blade action...havent taken it to the locksmith for cutting yet

vxaddict
02/05/2011, 10:02 PM
Glad to hear you got yours - did you purchase it from the same vendor? Could you post a pic?

VXjunky
02/05/2011, 10:59 PM
fob seller.... "mykeyless"this vendor ...ill put the pic in my gallery next to my standard walmart replacement key....

VXjunky
02/05/2011, 11:28 PM
ok now for a member with "Mad" skills to upload them...spazz who's the real spazz

vxaddict
02/06/2011, 12:35 AM
I just checked out the gallery pic. Thanks for putting that up. It's about the size I was expecting. Let us know how the FOB works once you get it all programmed.

vxaddict
02/07/2011, 01:58 PM
So I just got mine in the mail today. You're right, it's a bit larger than I was expecting. Kind of like a garage opener.

I'm assuming we have to take it apart to somehow detach the key so we can get those cut, right? Or can we just give the whole thing to home depot/etc?

I've never bothered to watch a key get cut, so not sure how they fit the blanks in the machine...

Did you try programming it yet?

VXjunky
02/07/2011, 03:10 PM
VX addict...........i have the same thoughts and concerns as you....im laid up in bed so wont get to the actual cutting for at least a couple weeks......the top of the key(where it goes into the fob) is the only thing that looks different from the original blanks...hopefully this wont be an issue................ive taken apart other fobs for our other cars, and the actual key part always seems pretty well locked into the unit...again hope this isnt an issue

vxaddict
02/07/2011, 03:43 PM
VX addict...........i have the same thoughts and concerns as you....im laid up in bed so wont get to the actual cutting for at least a couple weeks......the top of the key(where it goes into the fob) is the only thing that looks different from the original blanks...hopefully this wont be an issue................ive taken apart other fobs for our other cars, and the actual key part always seems pretty well locked into the unit...again hope this isnt an issue

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon.

I will try and stop by Home Depot this week to see if it's possible to get the key cut w/o removing it from the FOB. My truck's in the shop as it gets the new Dynomax exhaust put in. I'm excited about that.

VXjunky
02/07/2011, 07:37 PM
the super walmart by me uses photo technology on their key cutting machine...they stidck the original in a slot...it takes a picture of the original...then they stick the blank into the slot and the image of the original id transfer3ed to the blank....the issues ive had with this technology is alot of the time the new key doesnt work upside down and downside up....that bugs me...but i could see how the butt side of the key wouldnt come into play

etlsport
03/27/2011, 05:31 PM
anyone get one of these working yet?

VXjunky
03/27/2011, 05:57 PM
procrastinating ...its hanging on the keyrack though (uncut)...freaking things huge...i'll need a purse to carry it