PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper with & without Receiver interest???

tom4bren
01/26/2011, 07:40 AM
OK, the topic of a front receiver has come up again so I'm just checking to see if there is enough interest for me to talk to 'Welder Guy' about fabricating one.

Since we know that the tube bumper (behind the front cladding) is prone to rust out, I'm thinking that the best option would be a single piece that replaces that part and encorporates the receiver. Of course, it would be simple to have the option to replace the bumper without the receiver as well.

I have no idea of cost yet.

Thoughts???

vt_maverick
01/26/2011, 08:28 AM
You're a heck of a guy Tom... ;)

Would be mildly interested but I already have a bumper replacement collecting dust in my garage. :rolleyes:

JAMAS
01/26/2011, 08:32 AM
OK, the topic of a front receiver has come up again so I'm just checking to see if there is enough interest for me to talk to 'Welder Guy' about fabricating one.

Since we know that the tube bumper (behind the front cladding) is prone to rust out, I'm thinking that the best option would be a single piece that replaces that part and encorporates the receiver. Of course, it would be simple to have the option to replace the bumper without the receiver as well.

I have no idea of cost yet.

Thoughts???

I would DEFINITELY be up for a solid replacement for the rusted out tube bumper. Not sure if I would want a receiver on the front or not.

JAMAS
01/26/2011, 08:33 AM
Would be mildly interested but I already have a bumper replacement collecting dust in my garage. :rolleyes:

hmmmmmm......for sale?

vt_maverick
01/26/2011, 08:42 AM
Maybe - I'm waiting on a response from SPAZZ in another thread, though I will likely email him soon. I didn't realize that he had to cut the whole bottom of his cladding off to make his winch bumper work, and since that's not something I'm interested in doing, I may put it up for sale. But like I say he hasn't confirmed that the cuts were absolutely required (I think he may only have had to do it because he had Tone's skid plates also) so until I find that out I'm not going to decide either way.

VXjunky
01/26/2011, 08:42 AM
front receiver definitely makes it a cinch wheeling trailers around in certain areas...specially then pesky cement mixers....good luck seeing one of those out the back of a VX...yeah yeah, i know you got a back up camera.....which happens to fit so nifty behind the "O" of California on our CA plates....

Mile High VX
01/26/2011, 09:27 AM
If you can do the receiver so that it works with a front license plate requirement then I'm interested.

I also have the fantastic Rowhard front skid plate that it needs to work with.

Triathlete
01/26/2011, 01:42 PM
You can get an insert for the reciever hitch that holds a plate. I think the problem will be in the cost to ship it (odd size plus weight) even if you get them made at a reasonable price. I would think most local fab shops would whip one out for $150ish utalizing the old mounting brackets and bending and welding on a new beefier tube. A little more for the reciever. Remember a hole will have to be cut in your cladding to utilize the reciever.

BeeVenom
01/26/2011, 06:28 PM
I just put a new bumper tube on mine due to the ungodly rust at the ends. Sprayed the crap out of the inside of the new one with goopy greasy uchy spray stuff since the ends have 'drain holes' already there. It's funny, they actually rust from the inside-out and that sucks wind, so to speak! :(

blacksambo
03/02/2012, 11:02 AM
Interested in higher qualilty replacement, if it's plug and play easy to install. No receiver, please.