PDA

View Full Version : Ticket.

SouthJ1
01/25/2011, 09:33 PM
I just got my second, third, fourth, and fifth ticket at the same time in my vehicross lol. The cop put 1979 isuzu on one ticket and 2011 on the other 3 lol. I was playing around off road pulling through a muddy field. Doing what a normal 16 year old would do in an awesome truck like ours. Showing off... Crawling through mud that i saw a truck get stuck in.... cops show up said on the tickets i was doing donuts in a parking lot... (I dont think my vx can do that) said I was hitting jumps...(No jumps where i was) said i was doing donuts in the field also ( i never went anything over sideways....).. I had the cop drag me out of my vx and throw me against it and tell me im a lucky son of a bit*h, and also that if i would have ran he would have slammed his ram into the rear end of "this pretty little jeep" and put me into a pole, my smart *** says "its not a jeep its a isuzu" got harrased for that again "I dont give a sh*t what kind of thing this is, if you were my God Da*n son you would not have this piece of sh*t f*cking truck" I told him " Lucky I'm not your son huh...." he called my dad off my phone and my dad laughed at the cop and hung up...http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/521/thumbs/photo_1_.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/19690)

Exclamation
01/25/2011, 09:50 PM
sorry to hear about your misfortune...

Riff Raff
01/26/2011, 12:04 AM
SouthJ1--- Contest all of the tickets in traffic court and POLITELY ask the Judge (without being a smarty pants) to "dismiss" all of the tickets. All of the tickets were improperly filled out with incorrect year of manufacture, and therefore make them invalid/void. It is the Officer's responsibility to insure the supporting paperwork is filled out correctly. I have had ticket's "thrown out/dismissed" by a traffic court Judge because of missing or improper boxes not accurately annotated by the Officer writing the citation(s).

By your discription, I assume you were on Public Off-Road Land, and not causing a hazard to the general public or other traffic. Thus, negligent or reckless driving will have little or no validity in court. What were the charge(s) that the Officer actually cited you for???

By your described smarty pants antics of taunting the Police Officer, the only charges I can think of would be Obstruction, or Hindering a Police Investigation. Since you're very young (only 16)-- in the future, always try to cooperate with Police and be as nice and polite as possible and apologetic for the reason he stopped you (without admitting guilt). You will be amazed at how a little courtesy and nice polite attitude can often turn an expensive ticket into just a verbal warning (it has saved me thousands of dollars over the years and kept my driving record spotlessly clean).

:luck:

samneil2000
01/26/2011, 05:58 AM
Josh Josh Josh... I hope they never mistake my VX for yours and use me for target practice... haha

Mile High VX
01/26/2011, 06:02 AM
By your described smarty pants antics of taunting the Police Officer, the only charges I can think of would be Obstruction, or Hindering a Police Investigation. Since you're very young (only 16)-- in the future, always try to cooperate with Police and be as nice and polite as possible and apologetic for the reason he stopped you (without admitting guilt). You will be amazed at how a little courtesy and nice polite attitude can often turn an expensive ticket into just a verbal warning (it has saved me thousands of dollars over the years and kept my driving record spotlessly clean).

x2...makes all the difference...:yesb::yesgray::yesy::yeso:

tom4bren
01/26/2011, 06:08 AM
J1,

We don't know the whole story about what happened ... even you. I would never condone the use of excessive force by the police but keep in mind that there are almost always hidden factors involved.

The place where you were 'playing' could have a reputation for being a gang hang out or a known drug dealing location & the police would have to be very careful at all times there.

The officer may have just finished a domestic violence call & was still pumped from a violent altercation or maybe just took down some punk kid with attitude.

Maybe he just pulled over a drunk driver in an SUV & the guy drew down on him.

I'm just sayin ...

Most of us have played like you were playing. Most of us have been pulled over multiple times (some more than others). I've only had 1 bad incident involving police & that one would have been MUCH worse if I hadn't been polite.

I agree that most of the charges will end up being dropped on a technicality. Best of luck on that point.

Tom

circmand
01/26/2011, 06:31 AM
J1,

We don't know the whole story about what happened ... even you. I would never condone the use of excessive force by the police but keep in mind that there are almost always hidden factors involved.

The place where you were 'playing' could have a reputation for being a gang hang out or a known drug dealing location & the police would have to be very careful at all times there.

The officer may have just finished a domestic violence call & was still pumped from a violent altercation or maybe just took down some punk kid with attitude.

Maybe he just pulled over a drunk driver in an SUV & the guy drew down on him.

I'm just sayin ...

Most of us have played like you were playing. Most of us have been pulled over multiple times (some more than others). I've only had 1 bad incident involving police & that one would have been MUCH worse if I hadn't been polite.

I agree that most of the charges will end up being dropped on a technicality. Best of luck on that point.

Tom

I'll agree with the we do not know the whole story but these excuses are BS. Cops are supposedly trained to deal with the stress of the calls. If they cant hack it they should be fired. If half of what this poster said is true it is nothing more than govt sponsored thuggery. I beleive in being polite to anyone who has a gun especially when I do not. And when you are facing a deranged individual like this cop sounds like it is even more important to be polite. But to excuse this behavior is similar to protecting the blue line. Similar to Drs allowing unfit Drs to continue to maim or kill patients because they will not testify against one of their own. From what I have read hear that cop is more likely to be the comitter of domestic abuse than a protector but you can bet his cop buddies will sweep all his sins under the rug until he is caught on video beating a suspect. Way too much of that going on. As fpr the area being a gang hangout what happened to innocent til proven guilty? Also I beleive you need more than one person to be a gang.

In addition you think that cop would give a driver the benefit of the doubt if they tried to excuse a minor violation? No these guys are the type that get off on bullying people because they have a badge.

tom4bren
01/26/2011, 06:50 AM
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm not condoning the use of excessive force.

The point I was trying to make is that any time that you are pulled over, being cordial and submissive is the best course of action.

Personally, I would never get snotty with a police officer since I have no idea what kind of day he/she is having and don't want to end up face down in the mud wearing braclets.

circmand
01/26/2011, 06:51 AM

The point I was trying to make is that any time that you are pulled over, being cordial and submissive is the best course of action.

Personally, I would never get snotty with a police officer since I have no idea what kind of day he/she is having and don't want to end up face down in the mud wearing braclets.

we agree on 100%

samneil2000
01/26/2011, 06:52 AM
What were the four citations?

Scott Harness
01/26/2011, 07:05 AM
:p...Remember the "Golden Rule" He who has the gold makes the rules.
:p...Remember the"Gun Rule" He who has the gun makes the rules.
actually...Do unto others as you would have them do unto you:bgwb:

vt_maverick
01/26/2011, 08:39 AM
SouthJ1--- Contest all of the tickets in traffic court and POLITELY ask the Judge (without being a smarty pants) to "dismiss" all of the tickets. All of the tickets were improperly filled out with incorrect year of manufacture, and therefore make them invalid/void. It is the Officer's responsibility to insure the supporting paperwork is filled out correctly. I have had ticket's "thrown out/dismissed" by a traffic court Judge because of missing or improper boxes not accurately annotated by the Officer writing the citation(s).

I personally saw this happen in traffic court a few years ago (King George County Tom). This young chick apparently was racing across a parking lot when she hit A COP! Rather than stop she took off and the cop ended up pulling her over just out on the street. Unfortunately for the cop, he mistakenly wrote down "Reckless Endangerment on a Public Road" rather than "Reckless Endangerment on Private Property." Obviously both are crimes and the police had jurisdiction in either, but because he wrote down the wrong words it got thrown out.

I, on the other hand, got a ticket for doing 45 in a 25, though the cop and I vehemently disagreed on whether I was actually in the 45 zone when he clocked me. But as we all know, you are guilty until proven innocent in traffic court, and while the crazy chick walked out without so much as court costs, I paid well over $400. :mad:

mindaugas
01/26/2011, 09:03 AM
It sounds like you really pissed that cop off. Do a ride along, you will never disrespect an officer again no matter how much of an *** they may seem to be. The **** those guys deal with on a daily basis is ridiculous. (and mine was just highway patrol) And keep in mind they are usually dealing with the bottom pit of our society. I'm not saying the cop was right in the use of force, I'm just saying it would not have come to that if you were more respectful.

SouthJ1
01/26/2011, 09:29 AM

I only started being snotty when he started calling me an idiot and cursing me and being violent. sam
They won't use you as target practice it was southaven pd. the
Cop was being violent towards a minor and I called him out on it to his face that was my mistake that's what got things stirred up. I have a little bit of an anger management problem which is why I kinda started being a hard head back. I understand it was a big mistake and I apologize to any officers on here that I may have offended by being a smart aleck. But my 4 tickets are reckless driving and 3 seatbelt tickets when we all had seatbelts On my seatbelt yanked on me when I was getting pulled out trust me I have a rub mark on my next from it and a very sore neck...

VX KAT
01/26/2011, 09:44 AM
I'm sorry, IMHO, according to your own description, you acted like a young punk/jerk with an attitude. NOTHING to be proud of! Don't see anybody here saying stuff like, "cool dude, you showed him!" or "way to go".
For a cop to drag a very young, fresh-faced kid like yourself out of your VX, just playing in the snow, I would "guess" you really were disrespectful and ticked him off. Not cool.

Too bad you may get out of paying due to the inaccuracies on the tickets, but I'm guessing financial consequences wouldn't really affect you anyway given your resources (nothing wrong with your families success).
Hope you read the responses here, take them to heart, grow up some and become a respectful young man, and show proper respect to our police. If your father did hang up on the cop, you may not be learning it at home.......remember, this is all just my opinion...

OK, :_mecker::_mecker: lecture rant off.....let the flaming begin....:flame::flame:

oh BTW...I, too, went to a vacant parking lot and was doing donuts when we had some snow fall 3 weeks ago. :thumbup: That's not the problem.

edit...I was still writing my post when you posted, I didn't see it.

VXjunky
01/26/2011, 09:47 AM
exactly...two sides to every story....walk a mile in his shoes (the officer)

circmand
01/26/2011, 09:47 AM
It sounds like you really pissed that cop off. Do a ride along, you will never disrespect an officer again no matter how much of an *** they may seem to be. The **** those guys deal with on a daily basis is ridiculous. (and mine was just highway patrol) And keep in mind they are usually dealing with the bottom pit of our society. I'm not saying the cop was right in the use of force, I'm just saying it would not have come to that if you were more respectful.

and been privy to several incidents. MOST cops are okay. But as far as serve and protect goes they stopped doing that and now it is write a report and if someone comes up and confesses to me and I feel like doing something I might do something. That and worrying about followingthe rules of the leading Duma writing and harassing citizens and businesses that have the temerity to disagree with the Political Elite. So now it is be polite at first as I strive to do with anyone at first and treat as they deserve as they demonstrate by their actions

jhigareda
01/26/2011, 10:11 AM
Cop can be power trippers! They do it to me all the time.

SouthJ1
01/26/2011, 10:12 AM
Yes Kat, I wasn't trying to be cool I understand I was beige a jerk/punk to the cop but I did not appreciate at all being pulled out of my truck and my dad didn't either when the cop tol him he did that my dad laughed and hung up. My dad has hired me an attorney to take care of the tickets and hopefully I don't have to deal with the same cop again. I apologize again for seeming like I was trying to be cool I wasn't really I got a high temper and when the cop started cussing me it kicked in and I started saying the first thing come to mind. I just looked and I have a dent in my Vx where he put me against it... I'm not to happy about that either looks like body shop here I come... I apologize again for seeming like a punk I'm really not a punk you can ask samneil2000 he has met me I'm an ADHD and bipolar teenager that can't control my temper very well and it's not a good thing it's horrible.

Exclamation
01/26/2011, 10:28 AM
I have a few cop buddies of mine and they do go through alot and there has been a few times when ive been with one of them and they seemed to get out of line and be overly forceful but when you back up and look at all they go through and deal with every day a little bit of a temper with a teenager back talking them is kinda granted. Just the other day he was having to break up a fight between two girls and another girl was coming around getting too close and he told her to back up and she told him to "Shut the F*** up" and boy that set him off and he got up and started yelling at her and made her leave and when she said she wasn't leaving he pulled his taser out and put that dot on her chest and then she got in the car and left (i was hoping too see the punk get tasered personally xD) haha. Just remember always be calm and respectful and everything works out better when dealing with police officers.

vt_maverick
01/26/2011, 10:41 AM
...hopefully I don't have to deal with the same cop again...

Every traffic court I've ever been to required the cop who wrote the ticket to be present and provide an explanation of the event. A word of advice: take some extra ADHD medicine before you go to court so you can keep your mouth shut, then let your lawyer do all the talking.

SouthJ1
01/26/2011, 10:41 AM
Yea exclamation I was hoping not to get in anymore trouble I mean I asked the cop "officer can you please just let me calm down for a minute I'm starting to shake" When it was all almost over with he let me calm down after cursing me for a minute

SouthJ1
01/26/2011, 10:43 AM
Every traffic court I've ever been to required the cop who wrote the ticket to be present and provide an explanation of the event. A word of advice: take some extra ADHD medicine before you go to court so you can keep your mouth shut, then let your lawyer do all the talking.

I haven't taken my medicine in over a year I do my best to control my ADHD.

vt_maverick
01/26/2011, 10:49 AM
Then it might be worth it for a day if there's any chance you might not be able to control it when you see him.

Thank God you don't have Tourette's lol.

VXjunky
01/26/2011, 10:57 AM
Sh_t , crap, damn, pig, piss, suck....Tourette's??????

SouthJ1
01/26/2011, 11:53 AM
Haha I'm glad I don't either that would have been bad news... But yes I will probably take an adderall before court and that will help my ADHD February 18th wish me luck...

tom4bren
01/26/2011, 12:04 PM
Best of luck.

Hopefully the judge will see the number of citations and feel that you were wronged (izzat a word?). If the officer had only cited you for 1 or 2 violations then it might look more reasonably in the officer's favor.

VXjunky
01/26/2011, 12:32 PM
wronged?...it is in at least cowboy songs

MeowMix
01/26/2011, 01:03 PM
I agree with most here -- respect, respect, respect. It won't always work to get you out of a ticket (I still have been ticketed in the seven out of ten times I have been pulled over), though it's a better bet than rudeness...which usually grants additional tickets. I'm not defending the actions of the officer either; unfortunately, sometimes you DO run into a complete a-hole. Others, such as my uncle, are too nice and get in trouble at work for not writing enough tickets, lol. We all have different personalities. Good luck in court...having the wrong year on the tickets will certainly have them thrown out, and try to be nice this time, lol.

...also, Adderall is a med made up of four different amphetamine salts, and it can be rather habit forming. It's one of the most potent ADHD meds on the market, and deciding on your own to take a single/couple of pills every now and again may not be a wise choice -- you may want to consult your Dr. before doing so, if you haven't already. Adderall is usually only prescribed for significant cases of ADHD...have you tried other, less potent meds? Though I admire your want to "deal with your ADHD yourself"...I said the same when I was younger to my Dr. about my depression. Too many people rely too heavily on meds these days. Though what do I know I suppose...I'm just trained at the EMT level, and a pre-nursing student, lol.

...good luck again. :)

-MeowMix

SouthJ1
01/26/2011, 01:20 PM
Meowmix, I am prescribed to adderral although I haven't taken one in years they do help with ADHD I just don't like the feeling they give
Me.

wekilled
01/26/2011, 01:34 PM
First, I concur with above. Never, ever get "smart" with a cop. It's not only a no-win situation, its a guaranteed lose, especially at your age. Keep your cool, listen, and take mental notes.

In this case you certainly didn't help your situation, but use the poorly written tickets as evidence. A gamble, but the unprofessional attitude in a documented sworn statement might help (it could also crush you if presented it poorly)

Did you end up with a "pimple" in your drivers license? I had that done to me as a kid (deservingly so) and didn't realize until later it was a mark the police use on licenses to informally ID troublemakers.

Of course now I'm older and part of the system....

circmand
01/26/2011, 02:11 PM
Of course now I'm older and part of the system....

If you are part of the system you are part of the problem

SouthJ1
01/26/2011, 02:17 PM
How can I present the wrong years on the tickets professionally and make it look good basically...

Luna X
01/27/2011, 08:20 AM
let the lawyer point out the officer's incompetence... ;)