PDA

View Full Version : New Shoes sold in back of VX - Another Music Video coming soon

Baldwin
01/25/2011, 12:53 PM
So I'm also working on a new fashion line starting with the shoes. The shoes are called "Camp 8 Sneakahz".

The concept: With every pair of shoes purchased, you'll provide humane treatment of factory workers through fair trade wages. Camp 8 Sneakahz will also be donated to people in need across the country to help get them "Back on their feet."

You can get more info at facebook.com/Camp8Sneakahz

The prototypes just arrived and I met with my team...the Legendary Gospel Gangstaz. Look them up if you don't know who they are. They are ex gang members that changed their lives around after becoming Christians so now they are in "God's Gang" instead of the Bloods and Crips.

Anyways, we rolled up in the VX with the shoes in the back and took some pics. The next music video we want to shoot "Camp 8 Sneakahz" will feature the VX and maybe the SoCal group. It'll be like the song "Air Force One's". We'll probably start shooting this in the spring after the first batch of shoes arrive. The Gospel Gangstaz are the biggest name in Gospel Hip Hop and were Grammy nominated and expected to grab another nomination when their new album drops this year. I'm waiting to take a photo of the Grammy and the shoes next to the VX as soon as that happens.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=184901984866109&set=a.169278136428494.33421.167283183294656

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=195053460509918&set=a.177896468892284.47439.177116318970299

circmand
01/25/2011, 01:33 PM
But how does the we look like gangstaz, we talk and write like gangsta, our product contains the name gangsta, we flash gangsa signs but we arent gangstaz anymore work?

In this case I am not trying to be ab a#$ I just would have a hard time buying the product in these situations so please donot take offense

Baldwin
01/25/2011, 02:10 PM
None taken. You just gotta do your research on them and read their testimony and the lyrics in their songs. Definition of gang: a group of people with compatible tastes or mutual interests who gather together for social reasons.

They flipped the name to make the negative to positive and to attract attention so people ask "What does that mean? How can that be?" So in your case, it worked cuz you asked the right questions.

They still live in the hood even with their success and have friends that are still gang bangin, but they are on a mission to stop them from doin' the wrong things and testify that even though you live in a certain environment, you don't need to be punkin', shooting, using drugs, dropping out of school...etc. They are living in this world, but not of it. So they still enjoy the music, make great music, back each other up and get the kids to stay in school, get jobs, put the guns away...etc. The "gang signs" aren't gang signs. They represent the West side...taking pride that they are from California. The other sign is GG (Gospel Gangstaz). Just a street way of sayin' their name. There are a lot more hand gestures in baseball. I know its' hard for people to understand at first, but you just need to look at the big picture and not think stereotypes. The people in their environment understand where they are coming from.

In fact, the name "Camp 8" comes from the idea of renewal and starting over. To turn away from your old way of living and what you lived for. That's why shoes will be donated to the homeless and underprivileged youths to encourage them to work to get out of their situation. These guys are legitimate business people now and the guy on the far left is an electrician for Boeing now even though he's from the streets. Food for thought.