PDA

View Full Version : CEL help please

kawirex
01/23/2011, 11:06 AM
I am new to the Vehocross and I am trying to fix a few issues. I just had the engine codes pulled at the local Autozone and I got the following codes:
P0157 - Circut Condition, Heated Oxygen Sensor bank 2 sensor 2
P0137 -Circut Condition, Heated Oxygen Sensor bank 1 sensor 2
P0101 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor performance
P1171 - Fuel system lean during acceleartion

I have pulled the MAF and cleaned it with some brake or carb cleaner, blew it out with air compressor and reset computer. I don't think that worked. What order should I attack this in as far as purchasing O2 sensors, MAF valves ect.. Any information would be great. Also is there any information I can find on how to do this work? if not does anyone know who the foremost vehicross expet in the dallas area?
Thanks
Brian

VXjunky
01/23/2011, 11:20 AM
1700+ page shop manual on this site, somewhere... VXKat...HALP!...your photographic memory is needed

VX KAT
01/23/2011, 12:05 PM
1700+ page shop manual on this site, somewhere... VXKat...HALP!...your photographic memory is needed

On HOME page....

It's in the left hand column <-----
Under "Downloads"
Then "Manuals"
"VX Workshop manual"
http://vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=20

Or on the right column---->
Under banner "Downloads"....then same as above

kawirex
01/23/2011, 12:36 PM
On HOME page....

It's in the left hand column <-----
Under "Downloads"
Then "Manuals"
"VX Workshop manual"
http://vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=20

Or on the right column---->
Under banner "Downloads"....then same as above
Thanks for the manual info.
1. When you get the code for the 02 sensors listed above, what are the chances they are totally bad? Should I go ahead and buy new ones or try something else first?
2. Same question regarding the MAF is anyone has has that code as well/
3. any suggestions on the lean fuel under acceleration or will the O2 sensor or MAF sensor cure this?
Any help would e very much appreciated
Thanks

tom4bren
01/24/2011, 02:31 AM
O2 sensors either work or they don't & are not servicable. Replace one or both as indicated by the codes.

The MAF can be cleaned but I wouldn't worry too much about the code until you clear the ones for the O2 sensors since they could be related. Also change your air filter since that can also throw a code for the MAF.

kawirex
01/24/2011, 06:11 AM
O2 sensors either work or they don't & are not servicable. Replace one or both as indicated by the codes.

The MAF can be cleaned but I wouldn't worry too much about the code until you clear the ones for the O2 sensors since they could be related. Also change your air filter since that can also throw a code for the MAF.

Thanks alot. That is just the information I need. I did a search but could not find any thread about the proper O2 sensor to use. Is there 1 that is better than another?
Thanks

tom4bren
01/24/2011, 06:35 AM
You should be able to order OEM from Merlin still.

AutoZone carries both "OEM" & universal. I put OEM in quotes because it's not. It's an aftermarket version. They just call it OEM because it has the correct wire connector on it. The universal unit, you have to splice your old connector onto it.