PDA

View Full Version : VX VINs

Pepino
01/18/2011, 03:50 PM
I didnt know where to start this thread so i chose VXtalk.
I was wondering where are all the locations where a VIN is located on our precious VX´s I need to find them all so I can legallize it here in Mexico, Obviously i know of the one right on th dashboard under the windshield. Where are the other ones? Engine? Door pillar? Chasis?
I know i havent been on for a while but my Vx has been parked for a while cause its still not legal here in Mexico, I am also the only VX in the whole country as far as I Know.
Thanks!

deermagnet
01/18/2011, 04:38 PM
You know of the one on the dash and the driver's door jam, then it's on the ID plate in the engine bay on the firewall.

It's also found in the locations explained here in the '99 VX repair manual-

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/img/vx4/vins.gif

I hope this answers your question.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer) :_steering

djvx
01/18/2011, 07:43 PM
Pepino, How are you?

mindaugas
01/19/2011, 09:31 AM
How can I search the forums for a VIN? I wanna see if the one I just bought was registered here at one time.

vt_maverick
01/19/2011, 11:03 AM
Quick Links -> Members List -> Search Members -> Advanced Search

There are instructions there for how to do it.

mindaugas
01/19/2011, 11:53 AM
thanks! I take it the last 4 numbers of the VIN can be the same. Two other members, but not the same model as mine.

vt_maverick
01/19/2011, 11:55 AM
Correct. There's an earlier character that represents the year, the last four are just a sequential number for that production year. In other words, your Foxfire was the 519th VX off the line in 2000. (Mine rolled off 36 VX's later. :))

mindaugas
01/19/2011, 12:41 PM
Ah, thanks. Well, if anyone reads this, and remembers an owner from Henderson Colorado, or close, let me know. According to autocheck, the previous owner lived there, and the car was well taken care of.

vt_maverick
01/19/2011, 12:55 PM
Could be friscogumby, he registered a 2000 Foxfire in Colorado back in 2004 but only made one post (which unfortunately has since been deleted). I have a master Foxfire registry that I compiled from the member list here, ads on eBay and CL, etc., but unfortunately I have several locations and VINs marked as ??? because their owners didn't fill out the membership information. :(

Pepino
01/19/2011, 01:29 PM
Thank you very much Mark! Now I am almost done in legalizing my VX and being able to drive down here in Mexico.
DJVx I have been good, what about you?? How is Wisconsin treating you? I wanna go visit soon, I miss the snow!

mindaugas
01/19/2011, 02:48 PM
Could be friscogumby, he registered a 2000 Foxfire in Colorado back in 2004 but only made one post (which unfortunately has since been deleted). I have a master Foxfire registry that I compiled from the member list here, ads on eBay and CL, etc., but unfortunately I have several locations and VINs marked as ??? because their owners didn't fill out the membership information. :(

Thanks, I emailed him, worth a shot at least. Doubt that 7 year old email address is valid, especially since it's earthlink :( Would love some info on it, especially pics, build a whole history.

*damn, email already bounced

vt_maverick
01/19/2011, 04:04 PM
I'm in the same boat mindaugas, my VX was owned by 3 different PO's across an 8 year span before I bought her. They collectively only put 24K on her, but sadly none of them (as far as I can tell) ever registered here. :( At least all of the original paperwork, window sticker, etc. were passed down to me though. :)