PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor problem

deton8r
09/08/2003, 04:47 PM
I just installed the prototype Interceptor for my '02 Axiom since Isuzu changed the plug from the VX 4L30E. On my test drive I set of the SES and Check Trans indicators with a P1860 code while accelerating up a hill.

P1860 - TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical Fault

I cleared the code but I have a feeling it will keep coming back. I have the Interceptor set to about 1/3 and full on the delay. It drives pretty close to stock, maybe slightly smoother. Otherwise everything seems fine.

Any ideas?

SGT.BATGUANO
09/08/2003, 05:52 PM
You did run the "hot" wire to a 12 volt source, correct?

Is there a 1-800 number on the package. They should have some tech. support info. up dare, ay?. Ya hey dare.:)

If all else fails, disconnect it.

deton8r
09/08/2003, 06:21 PM
According to Tone, the Axiom didn't require that and it's supposed to be plug and play.

SGT.BATGUANO
09/08/2003, 06:24 PM
Contact Tone or the manufacturer.:confused:

deton8r
09/09/2003, 06:57 PM
Update:

I contacted Tone and he's talking to them. I didn't get any retail packaging or official instructions since this is the prototype and the pictures I took of my install may be used in the real instructions. Instead I got a pressure gauge to verify the pressure readings and some pictures from the VX to know where the pressure tap and plug are located.

The line pressures I was reading are as follows which Tone thought was right on the money:

low 58-60
1/4 80
1/2 150
full 190

Today, I unplugged and checked the connectors to verify that none of the pins got pushed in and everything appeared okay (the Ax uses 4 pin connectors). I also increased the line pressure to half way which upshifted firmly but the downshifts were harsh. The unit is increasing the line pressure as advertised but I'm still throwing the P1860 code. I backed the pressure setting down a notch but I'm still not comfortable driving it too far from home since I often get caught in stop and go traffic.