PDA

View Full Version : All Weather Floor Mats

TechnoPope
12/10/2010, 04:06 PM
Has anyone found an all weather floor mat that they like and would recommend?

Mile High VX
12/10/2010, 04:16 PM
I've got the ones from WeatherTec and they fit great and have held up well in the CO winters.

I think I paid like $60 plus shipping...
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0296.JPG

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSCN0297.JPG

VX KAT
12/10/2010, 08:25 PM
I also got the WeatherTech all weather mats, fit perfectly, and don't move around. Outer edge JUST fits a tiny bit under the lip of the black plastic sill, holds them down perfectly. Almost 2 yrs, no wear showing on the area where heal rubs....I'm impressed. Wipe 'em down once/yr with Aerospace 303 and they're back to brand new, dark, supple.

I have to admit I scored them for $16 from a Lexus dealership on ebay....they were relocating and selling inventory instead of moving it. But I'd pay full price if I had to, they're that nice. :thumbup:

These are the ones I got (for for the VX)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-WeatherTech-All-Weather-Floor-Mats-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c58e9bbefQQitemZ19047 0274031QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_849wt_954

TechnoPope
12/11/2010, 10:23 AM
Thank you for the quick replies.

Mile High,
It looks like WeatherTech is a good fit. Thanks for the photos.

VX KAT,
The Ebay link you provided is for a Ford mat (model W19). Was the reference for example or is that the exact mat you have? Weathertech says the model W3 mat "fits" the VX.

Thanks again.
Frank

VX KAT
12/11/2010, 10:49 AM
Thank you for the quick replies.

Mile High,
It looks like WeatherTech is a good fit. Thanks for the photos.

VX KAT,
The Ebay link you provided is for a Ford mat (model W19). Was the reference for example or is that the exact mat you have? Weathertech says the model W3 mat "fits" the VX.

Thanks again.
Frank
it was just for reference...I got the ones that fit the VX, but that's the /style model I got (as well as Mile High), since they do make a few different styles.

TechnoPope
12/11/2010, 11:20 AM
Thank you for the clarification. I will order a set.
Frank

vt_maverick
12/13/2010, 10:44 AM
I've got the ones from WeatherTec and they fit great and have held up well in the CO winters.

I also got the WeatherTech all weather mats, fit perfectly, and don't move around. Outer edge JUST fits a tiny bit under the lip of the black plastic sill, holds them down perfectly.

I gotta disagree with you guys here, I also have these mats and they do NOT fit the way they should on the driver's side. You can see the problem on the extreme left of this picture:

The forward-left edge should either wrap around the dead-pedal area or be molded to go completely over it. These mats go partially up the dead pedal and leave a dead space to the right of it that collects dirt pretty badly. It may be nick-picking to some, but it's definitely NOT the custom fit that WeatherTech advertises. I'm planning to switch out to Hexomats whenever I get around to it... if somebody wants to make me an offer on my WeatherTechs that'd get me started in the right direction. :)

JAMAS
12/13/2010, 11:02 AM
I bought these at autozone....

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Goodyear-Heavy-duty-black-rubber-floor-mat?itemIdentifier=24363

They seem to do the trick.

samneil2000
12/14/2010, 01:54 PM
x2

Got them off the rack at the local Auto Zone, trim to fit if/where necessary. Also came with two rectangular rear mats of the same material that fit just fine for the back seat. I think they are pretty much indestructable too.

I bought these at autozone....

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Goodyear-Heavy-duty-black-rubber-floor-mat?itemIdentifier=24363

They seem to do the trick.

vxaddict
12/19/2010, 08:29 AM
x3

I was actually at Autozone yesterday and checked out this thread from my phone to make sure I picked up the right set. I was hoping for the black version, but they ran out. The grey fits nicely w/ the stock grey carpet and the fit is very good. In fact I'd say these fit a bit nicer than the weathertech ones based on the photo above. After 170k and 2 other owners, I was happy to trash the original isuzu mats in the dumpster last night.

Marlin
12/19/2010, 10:47 AM
I gotta disagree with you guys here, I also have these mats and they do NOT fit the way they should on the driver's side. You can see the problem on the extreme left of this picture:

The forward-left edge should either wrap around the dead-pedal area or be molded to go completely over it. These mats go partially up the dead pedal and leave a dead space to the right of it that collects dirt pretty badly. It may be nick-picking to some, but it's definitely NOT the custom fit that WeatherTech advertises. I'm planning to switch out to Hexomats whenever I get around to it... if somebody wants to make me an offer on my WeatherTechs that'd get me started in the right direction. :)

x2

I got some from a member here. The pattern on the drivers side is insufficient as well. I can see where Sue would like em, since she has a smaller foot. But if wearing boots, the heal sits right at the transition of the smaller squares to the lines. This makes for uncomfortable shifting of foot since there is no where for your heel to consistently rest. I wear a 10.5 boot, so no extra large foot or anything, probably the most common size for a man. They are also not custom fit. My parents have weathertech mats for their ford flex, those are custom fit. They are the tray style that have the 1" lip all the way around. They look like they are part of the truck.

On the other hand, my autozone mats that I cut to fit looked great, but I wore a hole through em in a year or so.

vxfocus
12/19/2010, 05:00 PM
i just ordered a front set from floormatguys.com.they say they are made to order and cover more floor than oem.i'll post pix when i get them

vt_maverick
12/20/2010, 07:33 PM
Def let us know, looks like they sell the Lloyd mats that are available all over the place:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Lloyd+Protector+Mats+vehicross&tbs=shop%3A1&aq=f

I don't know that anyone here has ever tried them, so post lots of pics when you get them! :)

Kenny
12/20/2010, 08:29 PM
I picked up a set Of Stanley Maxtraction mats and they are awesome. Not really "pantsaver" design but are great for winter snow melt catch. They are a perfect fit for me and with a barbed back they don't move at all.

Marlin
12/20/2010, 09:03 PM
I picked up a set Of Stanley Maxtraction mats and they are awesome. Not really "pantsaver" design but are great for winter snow melt catch. They are a perfect fit for me and with a barbed back they don't move at all.

pantsaver? Not sure I understand what you mean?

Ldub
12/20/2010, 09:11 PM
pantsaver? Not sure I understand what you mean?

Depends...:yesgray:

JAMAS
12/21/2010, 07:50 AM
Depends...:yesgray:

HA!

Kenny
12/21/2010, 09:55 PM
HA!

HA! ?

anyway, I mean the mat has no high ridges inside to keep the water trapped. mine just have high ridges along the perimeter so your feet are in water if you have LOTS of snow melt.
if confused Confucius say google

JAMAS
12/22/2010, 07:07 AM
HA! ?

I was expressing my laughter at Ldub's comment of "depends?" to the term "pantsaver".

I thought it was hilarious. So I shared that emotion with a single, but profound "Ha!"

Kenny
12/22/2010, 04:12 PM
I was expressing my laughter at Ldub's comment of "depends?" to the term "pantsaver".

I thought it was hilarious. So I shared that emotion with a single, but profound "Ha!"

Oops. Didn't intend to question you. Knew what your ha was and added mine.

Mile High VX
08/11/2012, 05:55 AM
x2

I got some from a member here. The pattern on the drivers side is insufficient as well. I can see where Sue would like em, since she has a smaller foot. But if wearing boots, the heal sits right at the transition of the smaller squares to the lines. This makes for uncomfortable shifting of foot since there is no where for your heel to consistently rest. I wear a 10.5 boot, so no extra large foot or anything, probably the most common size for a man. They are also not custom fit. My parents have weathertech mats for their ford flex, those are custom fit. They are the tray style that have the 1" lip all the way around. They look like they are part of the truck.

On the other hand, my autozone mats that I cut to fit looked great, but I wore a hole through em in a year or so.

So I sent a note to WeatherTech today on my mats...heel rest area now has a nice size hole and is worn out. They say they have a 10 year warrranty and they are committed to customer service...we'll see.

vt_maverick
08/11/2012, 09:27 AM
I think I had my WeatherTech's for about 3 years before the accident and while I did have a very worn area in the driver's heel area it never went completely through. Maybe you got a defect? In any event they're high to guarantee that mat for 10 years, no way it would make it that long without showing massive wear.

vt_maverick
08/11/2012, 09:32 AM
Btw I did pick up a set of Hexomats for the front seats in my new VX. Fit is just as perfect as the Hexomat cargo and Hexomat rear seat mats that I already had, and they do great at catching liquids and sand (both the beach and Moab variety). And best of all they seem to wear much slower than the WeatherTech's for a comparable price. Once I get the sand cleaned out from my latest trip (just got back from the beach yesterday) I'll take pics for you guys.

For now here's a link to pictures of the cargo and rear seat mats:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/3267

Mile High VX
08/11/2012, 11:36 AM
I think I had my WeatherTech's for about 3 years before the accident and while I did have a very worn area in the driver's heel area it never went completely through. Maybe you got a defect? In any event they're high to guarantee that mat for 10 years, no way it would make it that long without showing massive wear.

I agree...I also seem to have a nice "dent" in the floor in that area. I pulled the carpet up in that area and nothing rotting in the floorboard area, but the insulation under the carpet was completely mashed down flat. I put some new padding in to take care of it. I think this is why mine developed a hole and not just wear....