PDA

View Full Version : Debadging Wheels - Weird!

johnnyapollo
09/07/2003, 07:51 PM
I starting debadging my wheels today, by removing the round black sticker (with white "ISUZU"). Removal went easy (started it with a fingernail, using naptha (Bestine) under the edge to soften the adhesive. Got about half way through and realzied that there was another ISUZU, this time in silver, under clear plastic!

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this? Why would they cover up the silver, protected Isuzu with a cheap sticker? I thought others had removed the sticker to find a plain black circle underneath? Thought it was really strange/

As a note, after removing the stickers (and let me tell you, I got worried that there would be one without the silver isuzu underneath), I decided the siver lettering was much more "classy" so I'm leaving them for now. I think they look much more finished than the cheap sticker (which was what was bothering me in the first place).

-- Best, John

Panther_Black_VX
09/07/2003, 08:01 PM
That reminds me of the movie "Airplane" when Robert Stack comes in and takes off his sunglasses and there is another pair underneath. :laugho:

Post some pics of the silver look,

mrtew
09/07/2003, 08:18 PM
Take a picture! I'd like to see that! What year is your VX?

Joe_Black
09/07/2003, 08:45 PM
Now only if you'd find similar strangeness when you go to install the supercharger!

tiggergreen
09/08/2003, 12:13 PM
After removing my sticker, there was just a plain silver finish underneath. I now have custom batman stickers on all of my wheels...

Brent

AlaskaVX
09/08/2003, 12:42 PM
Instead of debadging, I "overbadged" I just put some black vinyl over the stock center caps and then added NASA in silver over black. Actually looks as if they were stock rims from NASA, and if I ever want to go back to stock I can just rip off the vinyl.

Spike
09/08/2003, 11:50 PM
Hmm... My wheel hubs have a silver Isuzu on black background under clear plastic...
I didn't have to peel anything off of them.