PDA

View Full Version : AXIOM's climat controll on your VX?

valenki
09/06/2003, 06:36 PM
Hey ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for looking inn. I know this might be going too far, but has anyone thought of putting the AXIOMS climat controll computer into the VX ???? Is this doable or a bad idea? calling on all the experienced people

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6271&item=2431346756#mainImage

check it out here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6271&item=2431346756#mainImage

dont you think it would be cool to have this in your vx? please cast your word.

SEE YOU ALL AT KING RICHARD'S FAIR!

valenki
09/06/2003, 06:37 PM
i TRIED TO FIT IN THE IMAGE BUT IT DIDNT WORK. GO TO THE EBAY LINK AND CHECK IT OUT. THANKS TO ALL OPINIONS

deton8r
09/06/2003, 08:08 PM
Are you talking about the display screen or the controls? I have an Axiom and the damn climate controls are integrated into the factory cassette deck. I personally hate them because it makes it impossible to upgrade the factory head unit without massive modifications.

Just my $.02

johnnyapollo
09/06/2003, 09:02 PM
There's been talk in the past of installing an Axiom dash in the VX. I don't remember anyone mentioning the climate controls, though. Looks like the Axiom shares the same steering wheel.

Something I'm wondering from looking at the pics... wonder if the carpet for the rear seating would fit in the VX? I've got these big clunky mats... I've seen what some others have done, but wonder if there's a solution that would fit with little or no modification.

-- John

SGT.BATGUANO
09/06/2003, 11:38 PM
The climate control switch is probably a good choice for sado- masochists who like logistical nightmares, But if that's what floats your boat.........

Apollo, have you looked at the one-piece, '96-'97? Rodeo, rear mat?

johnnyapollo
09/07/2003, 07:13 AM
Hey SGT,

I've looked at photos of that piece of carpet... looks like it would fit, but who knows? I need to find one to pull the carpet from to do a test fit. It looks similar to the Axiom's carpet.

-- John

Heraclid
09/07/2003, 07:30 AM
For those with Axioms, what are the pluses and minuses of having it for you? My Dad turned in his Navigator at the end of the lease and wants a new SUV. He has this idea in his head that Isuzus are second-rate, but I'm gonna try to get him to look at 'em. He said Isuzus were crap until he saw and rode in my VX, too, and then he admitted to my mom that it really is a cool-looking thing. Of course him knowing the windows are binding and my alternator problem sufficiently countered that. One step forward, two steps back. So many people have it in their heads that Isuzus are junk. Why? Lots of people think the Japanese build a better car, and Isuzu has built for the much-vaunted Acura/Honda label, so what gives? Seems like people who give Isuzu a chance keep coming back (a la Joe Black and others).

valenki
09/07/2003, 08:51 AM
thanks for everyone who posted responses. If you look at thepictures cosely you will see that the head unit is below the climat controll display / computer .

Look, I know this is a pain in the ***, but if peole are talking about swaping engines and adding intercoolers , this should not be as hard...... just need a person with the know-how

Dallas4u
09/07/2003, 09:02 AM
I posted on the other board (a while ago) a question about just moving the climate control from a newer VX into a '99. From the responses I received, it would be a huge hassle as switches a servos that control the automation would also need to be installed, and control arms and the such are not the same length on both models. There is a LOT to consider in just trying to fit a VX auto climate control system into a model that does not have it. I can't imagine what trying to fit one from a different model with a completely different system would entail.

If anyone wants to take this on, you have my luck on your side!!

sveltax
09/08/2003, 03:07 PM
I love my Axiom. But I did change it a bit after buying it stock. The problem with most Axioms is that the 2 stage shocks are either too soft (bottoming out on the streets of Los Angeles) or too rough for the 10 freeway in Los Angeles. I switched out the shocks for Ranchos, upgraded the tires, and raised it 2 inches. It's now how it should have come from the factory! Now if I had just bought a 4x4 I would have everything I need!