PDA

View Full Version : Which salvage yard has VXs?

paultvx
09/06/2003, 04:32 PM
Any of you happen to know which Salvage yard has at a VX?

Need to track down the foam spacers under the carpet (under the front seats).

SGT.BATGUANO
09/06/2003, 04:38 PM
Did you try allhyundaiisuzuparts.com ? They're quite pricy, but I read they had 3 of them.

While we're on the subject, should we start a VX registry to keep track of VIN's and wrecked VX's?

The countdown begins..............

Hotsauce
09/06/2003, 06:40 PM
I think you could make this yourself with some expanding spray foam inside a plastic bag.

John C.

WyrreJ
09/06/2003, 06:48 PM
Don't forget:

http://www.uneedapart.com/

But, in the last couple of weeks I've started getting bounced email that suggests they have one of the viruses that has been in the news like sobig or lovesan. After a week of running with virus you'd think they would have cleaned it out...

paultvx
09/06/2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Hotsauce
I think you could make this yourself with some expanding spray foam inside a plastic bag.

John C.

Already thought of it. Too spongey... lacking density and expanding foam does not work inside a plastic bag if there isn't enough air inside the bag. It just stays in its liquid form until it drys eventually.

SGT.BATGUANO
09/06/2003, 11:56 PM
Don't know if it would work or how to obtain it , but have you ever seen the plastic-covered foam that sensitive electronic equiptment comes shipped in? It's usually molded to the shape of the item and box. If you can get some you could probably cut it to size with a razor knife or saw blade. I could keep an eye out for some , if you're not in a hurry.

SGT.BATGUANO
09/08/2003, 03:51 PM
Did you come up with a solution? I came across a couple pieces of what I described. Let me know.

paultvx
09/08/2003, 05:45 PM
No, I haven't really spent much time looking. Had meant to call All Hyundai Isuzu Parts but got busy. What did you find? and thanks!

SGT.BATGUANO
09/08/2003, 06:19 PM
I found a couple pieces of that plastic wrapped foam. Fairly dense. I've seen some folks use them as knee(ling) pads. It doesn't crumble and could probably be cut to size/ shape.

paultvx
09/08/2003, 06:25 PM
Let me see if I can get the spacers from All Hyundai... if that's a no go. I may need your help getting that foam. Thanks for looking. :)

SGT.BATGUANO
09/08/2003, 06:29 PM
Anytime.

I'll hang on to these until I hear from you.