PDA

View Full Version : Finally found what makes my VX famous

mdf
11/29/2010, 02:21 AM
My VX was used for the show Mutant "V"X, finally found some screen shots from the show that show mine.

There were 2 ebony's used by the show for 1 year, then put up for sale. Picked mine because it had 600 miles and the other had 1100 miles..

http://vehi.world.coocan.jp/mutant/mutant.htm

:smilewink:smilewink:smilewink

samneil2000
11/29/2010, 12:33 PM
That's cool!!

dietz99vcross
11/29/2010, 03:46 PM
So did your VX come with the back as it looks in the last photo on the post? Just curious.

ZEUS
11/29/2010, 04:38 PM
^^^Good eye!^^^

mdf, is that special gate cladding the only way you can tell your VX is "famous"?

Triathlete
11/29/2010, 04:45 PM
I was wondering if that was a "jdm" thing since their plates are different.

vt_maverick
11/29/2010, 05:01 PM
mdf, judging by the number of us looking at your empty gallery right now, I think you better upload pics of this tailgate soon. :)

PK
11/29/2010, 05:04 PM
I was wondering if that was a "jdm" thing since their plates are different.

Nope - JDM's have the recess for the rego plates, same as yours.

So the aft cladding on those 2 vehicrie are "special".

PK

blacksambo
11/29/2010, 07:29 PM
I don't want to burst any bubbles here but there are no places on earth where you don't need a rear plate so this mod was done by the production company for the purposes of cleaning up the rear end look for photography. It's not an expensive change given typical production budgets.

pbkid
11/29/2010, 07:54 PM
true... but you could move the plates location with that cladding...

ZEUS
11/29/2010, 09:22 PM
I don't want to burst any bubbles here but there are no places on earth where you don't need a rear plate so this mod was done by the production company for the purposes of cleaning up the rear end look for photography. It's not an expensive change given typical production budgets.Yeah, I was pretty sure of that but I was wondering how else the owner might have known his VX was famous before finding these shots. What else did the production crew do? Remove the rear view mirror for clear face shots? Mod the headlights to reduce night-time camera glare? OOH! Was the back-up camera screen converted to a mutant tracking radar?!?! :rotate:

Ldub
11/29/2010, 10:02 PM
OOH! Was the back-up camera screen converted to a mutant tracking radar?!?! :rotate:

All VX's should have that, though the fact that a LOT of the ones I know would start going off the minute one of us got behind the wheel...:rolleyesg

THAT could get annoying...:yesgray:

kach22i
11/30/2010, 12:08 PM
I remember that TV show.

mdf
12/01/2010, 06:26 PM
The rear bumper was a simple cover up, they had returned back to normal to pass inspection in order to sell

In another show they had covered both with temp decals to look more futuristic, one of them still had the decals at the dealer but I bought the cleaned up one. Can't find pics of that show