PDA

View Full Version : VX ownership in three decades of age

deermagnet
11/26/2010, 11:52 AM
edit

TheGanzman
11/26/2010, 12:58 PM
Hey Pops - Better hurry on home - your soup's gettin' cold!:bgwb:

Congrats on the long run of good fortune, both you AND your VX! I'm 54 years old - though I've only owned my VX for 18 months or so, I honestly can't think of ANYTHING at ANY price that I'd rather be driving! And unlike most people here on this Forum, I think Isuzu did a pretty damned good job on this vehicle, right out of the box! I've cut the rear bump stops, removed the rear "Isuzu" BANNER, added a Tone-style hitch, and changed out the radio/CD changer (and removed the rear seat and spare tire); other than that, she's stone stock! 73K miles; hope to get 3 times that before I send her out to pasture...

Ldub
11/26/2010, 04:17 PM
I know I'll have it in my 60's, probably still as my daily driver. My 70's? Well, we'll just wait 'n see about that. If I'm alive then, I'll still own my VX. :yesy:

Even if my 50's are half as much fun as my 40's, I'm gonna have a blast! ;Dy;

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer) :_steering

Hey Pops - Better hurry on home - your soup's gettin' cold!:bgwb:

Congrats on the long run of good fortune, both you AND your VX!
I honestly can't think of ANYTHING at ANY price that I'd rather be driving! And unlike most people here on this Forum, I think Isuzu did a pretty damned good job on this vehicle, right out of the box! I've cut the rear bump stops, removed the rear "Isuzu" BANNER, added a Tone-style hitch, and changed out the radio/CD changer (and removed the rear seat and spare tire)

X-2...:thumbup:

vt_maverick
11/27/2010, 08:31 PM
Well I bought my VX about a month shy of my 29th birthday, so I guess there's a reasonable chance that I'll be able to claim the same thing in less than 9 years. :)

And Ganz, I'd say it's only most of the more vocal members. There's something like 2000+ registered accounts, and I would wager the vast majority of them are "stone" stock.