PDA

View Full Version : Need Mods

jhigareda
11/24/2010, 01:36 PM
Hello, just acquired my first VX! It was time before they get harder to get. anyhow im interested in those covers for the fangs and front and rear skid plates. My truck is 100% stock with less than 100K miles and since I wil be replacing shocks was considering a lift. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:happyface:

Marlin
11/24/2010, 01:41 PM
First, welcome to the gang.
Second, before you get lectured by the "others", you MUST learn to use the search feature, just about every question you could possibly have will be answered in some thread or another.

Mile High VX
11/24/2010, 02:31 PM
PM member Rowhard for the skid plates. He makes the front and is working on the rear...skidplate that is...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Like Marlin said, use the search function for "lift" and you'll have days of enjoyable reading. It's also good for answering the next question which will be how big of a tire can you put on the VX? There's only about 100 threads on that subject.

Welcome to the madness and don't hesitate to ask for help and to offer some as well.

We do have lots of fun here (mostly at the expense of others) but it's a great group and extremely helpful.

Marlin
11/24/2010, 03:12 PM
PM member Rowhard for the skid plates. He makes the front and is working on the rear...skidplate that is...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Like Marlin said, use the search function for "lift" and you'll have days of enjoyable reading. It's also good for answering the next question which will be how big of a tire can you put on the VX? There's only about 100 threads on that subject.

Welcome to the madness and don't hesitate to ask for help and to offer some as well.

We do have lots of fun here (mostly at the expense of others) but it's a great group and extremely helpful.

Not to take a possible sale from John, but they are NOT skid plates. They are cosmetic enhancements. They look cool, but serve no "skid" protection. Kilby is the only company to make a production honest to goodness skid plate.
As for other mods, most you will have to come up with on your own. A lot of trooper stuff fits the VX. Feel free to peruse the forum, and while you are learning, you should consider a donation to the bossman that graciously keeps this amazing site afloat.

vt_maverick
11/24/2010, 03:59 PM
Not sure what you mean by fang covers, but I think those that may appear "hidden" to you were probably just removed by the owner. These guys are right, search lift and you'll find more than you can possible imagine. I'll save you time though and point you to a really good one:

The 913 Experiment (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=15476&highlight=913+experiment)

Feel free to keep asking questions, generally speaking we're more than happy to answer questions and discuss problems that we have before since that's how new solutions are discovered. Just try to search first, then if you need help ask and we'll either answer the question or point you to the right thread(s).

Welcome aboard! :thumbup:

Ldub
11/24/2010, 06:13 PM
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:happyface:

Here's one for north...:laughing:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/Nordpfeil.png/78px-Nordpfeil.png

Welcome to the Fam...:yesgray:

BTW, I think I'm SOOOOOOOOOO funny...:rolleyesg

Triathlete
11/24/2010, 06:39 PM
BTW, I think I'm SOOOOOOOOOO funny...:rolleyesg

No Dub, you're... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk):bwgy:

Grif
11/24/2010, 06:44 PM
I just got Fred-rolled. hehe

Ldub
11/24/2010, 06:55 PM
No Dub, you're... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39YUXIKrOFk):bwgy:

LOL... I think I'm about to cop a mesh shirt...:yesgray:

Mile High VX
11/24/2010, 06:59 PM

Sounds like the first submission for that calendar that Lisa's been wanting...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

Grif
11/24/2010, 07:25 PM

Yeah, you just HAD to go there didn't you? Bad mental image.... please erase...

Triathlete
11/24/2010, 07:35 PM

You going to sport it in Moab?:bwgy:

VX KAT
11/24/2010, 08:30 PM
You going to sport it in Moab?:bwgy:
Yeah, please give us advance warning...:laugho:

Anita
11/24/2010, 08:38 PM

Wow, that may just get me to Moab....

:yesb:

Y33TREKker
11/25/2010, 09:29 AM
If I didn't know any better, I'd swear this thread was morphing from an actual VX question to the preliminary for a Mesh Shirt group buy. :p

Marlin
11/25/2010, 09:31 AM

It would show off your tat quite nicely...
Do you still have the pony tail, or did it go to the charity yet? If you do have it, perhaps we could convince you to go mullet style with the mesh shirt, I believe that just screams Mr. December!!!!
:freek:

Ldub
11/25/2010, 09:57 AM
It would show off your tat quite nicely...
Do you still have the pony tail, or did it go to the charity yet? If you do have it, perhaps we could convince you to go mullet style with the mesh shirt, I believe that just screams Mr. December!!!!
:freek:

I am SO down wit dat plan Stan...:yesgray:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuO8vQzDrRhvrVAZP74JnHu_iPEDN_R yDLAQ5skCs3WRIpVT2N

http://www.j-pure.com/img055.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGW1bhGF7UZMTBHuOd79HKNOibWH5g5 zTZOus7mCvrTd_u13yn

Ldub
11/25/2010, 09:58 AM
Wow, that may just get me to Moab....

:yesb:

After the above preview, you'd BETTER be there...:yesgray:..:laughing:..:smilewink

jhigareda
11/25/2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and info. Im sure as I play with the site ill get familiar, hopefully. I have much to still read and work before my VX is up and running. Cant wait!

RallyDude
11/25/2010, 10:49 PM
CHECK YOUR OIL EVERY FILL-UP. If you don't have service records showing that it has been done, have the 100k service performed, including timing belt and waterpump. Replace all fluids. Owners, Maintenance, and Service Manuals are available under the Downloads section of the site.

I've read here that Kilby no longer is selling their skid plates, but VXKAT is thinking about selling hers. They are really heavy, so if you can wait until the Moab meet in spring, you could pick them up from her there, providing that she decides to sell them. VXorado in Vail, CO has talked about fabbing a set of tube skids for sale. If you're looking to add the cosmetic skids, Rowhard makes them, but get in line, it may take a while. The side ones are only presently available from a Japanese vender, but they are around $520 + intl. shipping, depending on the value of the yen vs. dollar.

I returned my VX back to stock height, so I'd consider selling my raised springs, and oversized off-road tires and rims if you need them as well. Basically, you need to swap springs to raise the rear, and adjust the torsion bars to raise the front.

Most replace the shocks with the adjustable Rancho 9000's. With an option, you can control them remotely from the cabin.

Some people have chromed their fangs, don't quite know if that's what you mean?

The best tip you already have, you found this site.

Welcome to the addiction...