PDA

View Full Version : Bazooka Tube

RalphDog
09/06/2003, 11:01 AM
I hate to be a pain, but the search over on the Vmag page is so slow right now it's useless. Can anyone post a brief how-to on how to install a Bazooka Bass Tube (I think a couple of you have, or had, one)?

I am not too mechanically inclined, but I think I can handle this if I know which wire connects to what.

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Navigator
09/06/2003, 11:43 AM
Drive down I-83 and let me take a look at what you got there... If your bass tube has a built in amp installation could be as simple as hooking up the power wire to your battery, a ground wire to the chassis, and running the signal wires from your head unit. Do you still use the factory head unit?

RalphDog
09/06/2003, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the reply Navigator.

Yes I still use the factory head unit and its the self amplified Bazooka EL8a.

Hotsauce
09/06/2003, 09:25 PM
With factory non-rca HU you will hook up ground, run a minumum 12 gauge power wire from battery. you need to splice into the rear speaker wires, run them to the wires on the bazooka harness. It will power up automatically when it senses signal.

Set the crossover to appx 80Hz, and adjust the level to whatever sounds best.

The bazooka is VERY sensitive to where the end of the tube is, and likes to corner load.

John C.

RalphDog
09/07/2003, 06:08 AM
Thanks Hotsauce! :)

I think I may be able to pull this off.

Hotsauce
09/07/2003, 10:31 AM
Oh, one more detail. The bazooka sums the inputs for mono signal, so if you adjust the left/right balance, and bass is less with it centered that means you need to reverse the polarity of the input wires from one side only.

John C.