PDA

View Full Version : drivers winshied wiper arm

Moonrover
11/22/2010, 07:55 PM
last winter a chunk of ice came loose from the roof when i hit the breaks, and slid down and bent my wiperblade arm on the driver side. I tried to bend it back but i cant get it to work perfectally and makes a noise that gets really annoying. I was wondering if i could just swap it out with another model ie trooper. Anybody know if they are compatible?

deermagnet
11/23/2010, 05:03 AM
My parts catalog says the wiper arm is Vehicross specific. #8-97210-782-0. No Rodeo or Trooper shares that part number. St. Charles lists it for ~$45, if available.

Mark

jmayer40
11/23/2010, 05:09 AM
Warm it up with a torch, makes it easier to bend..If not, go to local shop that could do it..

Marlin
11/23/2010, 05:11 AM
Umm, just go to the junkyard and find one that is close. Get both of em, that way they look the same.

VX crazy
11/23/2010, 05:45 AM
I have the wiper arms if you want to buy it...

vt_maverick
11/23/2010, 09:17 AM
Umm, just go to the junkyard and find one that is close. Get both of em, that way they look the same.

Assuming you can find one in a junkyard... unless you find one on eBay it can take AWHILE to hunt one down. Fortunately I imagine the wiper arms are one of the least desirable parts, so there's a good chance they'll still be there.

Marlin
11/23/2010, 10:37 AM
Assuming you can find one in a junkyard... unless you find one on eBay it can take AWHILE to hunt one down. Fortunately I imagine the wiper arms are one of the least desirable parts, so there's a good chance they'll still be there.

I meant off of any vehicle. As long as the thread count on the amr is the same (and I would guess all the Zus have the same) then it work just fine.

vt_maverick
11/23/2010, 10:49 AM
I meant off of any vehicle. As long as the thread count on the amr is the same (and I would guess all the Zus have the same) then it work just fine.

My parts catalog says the wiper arm is Vehicross specific. #8-97210-782-0. No Rodeo or Trooper shares that part number. St. Charles lists it for ~$45, if available.

Mark

Guess someone will just have to try it out and see.