PDA

View Full Version : Spare parts supplier

PK
11/14/2010, 03:27 PM
Hi guys and gals,
Just after some local knowledge -

I am about to place an order for a heap of VX parts from a company that I don't know, and was wondering if anyone else has dealt with them??

They trade as -
Ebay seller ID - scpltd123 4718 sales at 100% must be reasonable??
On line store - Timing Belt Pro
Actual store - Small Car Parts Ltd, Lorton Virginia 22079.

All of the above are the one place.

I first got interested when they listed a Timing Belt Kit that appeared to be made up of good quality brands, and at about 1/3 of the price I can buy in Australia.
I then asked them if they could chase some other parts I needed, and they responded within 48 hrs with prices and availability of all but 1 item.
Prices are all good, so unless someone tells me otherwise, I will place an order tomorrow.

So, anyone with good or bad to report, please speak up.

Thanks

PK

circmand
11/14/2010, 04:13 PM
Hi guys and gals,
Just after some local knowledge -

I am about to place an order for a heap of VX parts from a company that I don't know, and was wondering if anyone else has dealt with them??

They trade as -
Ebay seller ID - scpltd123 4718 sales at 100% must be reasonable??
On line store - Timing Belt Pro
Actual store - Small Car Parts Ltd, Lorton Virginia 22079.

All of the above are the one place.

I first got interested when they listed a Timing Belt Kit that appeared to be made up of good quality brands, and at about 1/3 of the price I can buy in Australia.
I then asked them if they could chase some other parts I needed, and they responded within 48 hrs with prices and availability of all but 1 item.
Prices are all good, so unless someone tells me otherwise, I will place an order tomorrow.

So, anyone with good or bad to report, please speak up.

Thanks

PK

company name and review

PK
11/14/2010, 08:44 PM
company name and review

Good suggestion, thanks.

Only one hit for Small car Parts Ltd.
Trouble is that it is on a site called "Agieslist" and they wont accept me as a member because I cannot register a "legitimate address".

Looks like if you don't live in the USA you are "illegitimate"!!!!

Better tell my Mum.

Any other suggestions.
I really want (need) those parts and can't locate them all here in Australia.

Regards

PK

VX KAT
11/14/2010, 10:19 PM
I think you must mean "Angie's List"....that's a fee/membership deal where members write reviews of any business they care to report on. I wouldn't think it's as useful as the BBB info is.

I'm going to do some searching & see what I can find.

p.s....Ironic....Lorton, VA is where my VX came from.....

VX KAT
11/14/2010, 10:43 PM
Wow PK, that company DOES look outstanding. The ebay feedback, the volume of sales, not ONE single negative feedback...isn't that pretty rare in the automotive parts business???

I can't find anything in the Better Business Bureau listings. I see the founder's name is listed in the ebay listing....but I couldn't find anything on him specifically. The website is professional and has contact info.
I think it's looking really good. You'd have the ebay/PayPal $ protection for the timing belt kit (I think it applies to other countries), not sure on the other misc. parts he got for you.

PK
11/14/2010, 10:52 PM
Wow PK, that company DOES look outstanding. The ebay feedback, the volume of sales, not ONE single negative feedback...isn't that pretty rare in the automotive parts business???

I can't find anything in the Better Business Bureau listings. I see the founder's name is listed in the ebay listing....but I couldn't find anything on him specifically. The website is professional and has contact info.
I think it's looking really good. You'd have the ebay/PayPal $ protection for the timing belt kit (I think it applies to other countries), not sure on the other misc. parts he got for you.

Thanks Sue,
to be honest I have been very surprised by their quick responses and willingness to help.
Prices are good as well.
I think I will bite the bullet and go for it.
They couldn't be bad in business and have a 100% ebay score with that many sales.

Thanks for looking.

I will report back on the outcome.

Regards

PK

tom4bren
11/15/2010, 12:02 PM
....Ironic....Lorton, VA is where my VX came from.....

Even more ironic'er ... I drive through Lorton 10 times a week & never once saw a maroon/black/pink/purple VX.

joshi
12/08/2010, 08:46 AM
I think is time for me to change the timing belt, water pump , belt tensioner , drive belt.. etc on my vehicross. I have 65k miles in my vx.
The workshop manual says :

Replace Timing Belt : Every 75.000 Miles (120.000KM)
Change Engine Oil and Filter : Every 3.000 Miles ( 48.000KM)
Change Automatic Trans Fluid : Every 20.000 Miles (32.000KM)
Change Front & Rear Axle Oil : Every 30.000 Miles (48.000KM)
Change Power Steering Fluid : Every 30.000 Miles (48.000KM)

Im not sure what the first owner done with the vx , so im going to change all fluids too... I have my vx for 6 month now , i drove less than 600 miles:) so far there is no oil burning at all :) , but the drive belt need to be change for sure !

Any suggestion for good quality timing belt kit ? I found this complete kit on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Timing-Belt-Water-Pump-Kit-Isuzu-Vehicross-99-00-01-V6-/140203858564?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20a4cd1a84)

VX KAT
12/08/2010, 09:12 AM
I think is time for me to change the timing belt, water pump , belt tensioner , drive belt.. etc on my vehicross. I have 65k miles in my vx.
The workshop manual says :

Replace Timing Belt : Every 75.000 Miles (120.000KM)
Change Engine Oil and Filter : Every 3.000 Miles ( 48.000KM)
Change Automatic Trans Fluid : Every 20.000 Miles (32.000KM)
Change Front & Rear Axle Oil : Every 30.000 Miles (48.000KM)
Change Power Steering Fluid : Every 30.000 Miles (48.000KM)

Any suggestion for good quality timing belt kit ? I found this complete kit on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Timing-Belt-Water-Pump-Kit-Isuzu-Vehicross-99-00-01-V6-/140203858564?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20a4cd1a84)
Joshi- that's the same exact kit and seller as PK referenced in post #1, and I mentioned in post #5. PK- you get this kit yet?
Ebay seller ID - scpltd123 =Small Car Parts Ltd

Marlin
12/08/2010, 10:03 AM
Doesn't the owners manual say to do the timing belt at 120K miles?

joshi
12/08/2010, 10:17 AM
I just dowloaded the Workshop Manual from the dowload section (http://www.vehicross.info/misc/vx_manuals/IV00_01.pdf) , on the page 16th , its says :
•Replace Timing Belt : Every 75.000 Miles (120.000KM)
•Change Engine Oil and Filter : Every 3.000 Miles ( 48.000KM)
•Change Automatic Trans Fluid : Every 20.000 Miles (32.000KM)
•Change Front & Rear Axle Oil : Every 30.000 Miles (48.000KM)
•Change Power Steering Fluid : Every 30.000 Miles (48.000KM)

Mile High VX
12/08/2010, 11:45 AM
I just dowloaded the Workshop Manual from the dowload section (http://www.vehicross.info/misc/vx_manuals/IV00_01.pdf) , on the page 16th , its says :
•Replace Timing Belt : Every 75.000 Miles (120.000KM)
•Change Engine Oil and Filter : Every 3.000 Miles ( 48.000KM)
•Change Automatic Trans Fluid : Every 20.000 Miles (32.000KM)
•Change Front & Rear Axle Oil : Every 30.000 Miles (48.000KM)
•Change Power Steering Fluid : Every 30.000 Miles (48.000KM)

This chart is for those that use the VX under severe driving conditions...like...uh...Marlin perhaps...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

For normal use the Timing Belt replacement is 100,000 Miles.

Marlin
12/08/2010, 12:22 PM
This chart is for those that use the VX under severe driving conditions...like...uh...Marlin perhaps...:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

For normal use the Timing Belt replacement is 100,000 Miles.

Yep, changed mine 2 years ago at 115K, now I have 125ish. I also change my oil twice a year, and the diff oil once a year. Tranny every once in awhile. I figure I should be good for 5 years or so.

Now the power steering fluid, I got one of those power steering filters on ebay, worked like a champ...lol.
I don't mess with the power steering at all, a newpump is like 50 bucks, cost more in time and fluid to change the fluid every few years than to just wait until the pump dies.

PK
12/08/2010, 05:36 PM
Couple of points -
There is a real disconnect with the timing belt change time frame.
All of the Isuzu engines brought into Australia in whatever vehicle, list the change period as 100,000 kilometres (62,000 miles).
This applies to 2.6, 3.2, 3.5 litre petrol engines, plus 2.8 and 3.1 litre diesel engines.
I have also had this checked in the original 3.2L Japanese manual, and it is 100,000 kilometres.
I am doing my timing belt change next week, at approx 120,000 kms, as it felt like a comfortable compromise.

With regards to that Ebay supplier - all of the parts have arrived and look good. Until I strip down the engine, I won't know 100% if they fit. I will report on that when completed.
What I do know, is that they bent over backwards to help me. I asked them a question through ebay, to see if they could get me other engine parts. They asked for a list, and 24 hrs later I had a quote for all the items I asked for, except 1 they couldn't get quickly. I don't know how their prices compared to USA prices, but they were only about 60 - 70% of what I would have had to pay here. Most of the extra parts I asked for are genuine Isuzu.
Prior to shipping, they sent me an invoice that was less than their quote, because some of the parts they had found in a kit rather than individual parts.
They also asked for a measly extra $10 for freight over what just the timing belt kit would have cost. Freight from USA to Aust is expensive.

If all these parts fit correctly, they will become my first place for shopping for parts in USA.

Regards

PK

joshi
12/08/2010, 05:50 PM
Thanx for the update :)

VX KAT
12/08/2010, 05:52 PM
WOW! It's great to hear about such excellent cust service! Far too rare!
Now, guess we should hold our breath and make sure all the:thumbup: parts work OK for you.

Triathlete
12/08/2010, 09:38 PM
Yep, changed mine 2 years ago at 115K, now I have 125ish. I also change my oil twice a year, and the diff oil once a year. Tranny every once in awhile. I figure I should be good for 5 years or so.

Now the power steering fluid, I got one of those power steering filters on ebay, worked like a champ...lol.
I don't mess with the power steering at all, a newpump is like 50 bucks, cost more in time and fluid to change the fluid every few years than to just wait until the pump dies.

Not sure where your getting a new ps pump at for $50 but you better grab a few. When I priced them earlier this year they were over $400.:yesy:

voyeur
12/10/2010, 01:14 AM
Hi PK...

In the UK we have access to Vauxhall Frontera/Monterey parts but there appears to be a small change to the water pump 98/99 with the later version looking more like the one in your kit... so I wondered if this US kit onwards works for a JDM?

Marlin
12/10/2010, 06:09 AM
Not sure where your getting a new ps pump at for $50 but you better grab a few. When I priced them earlier this year they were over $400.:yesy:

Here ya go, here is one for 130, I only searched once...
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/2001-Isuzu-Vehicross-4WD/Power-Steering-Pump/_/N-jfq1pZ8oxk0?filterByKeyWord=power+steering&fromString=search

Ebay has em used from 25 dollars, new at 79. I would get a used one, swapping pwr steering pump takes less than a hour, even for a novice.

VX KAT
08/07/2011, 11:54 AM
PK-
How'd this turn out when you installed everything? Was it really nice quality and such when you got into it? Recommend it?
I've been watching it since you first mentioned it, and today I see the seller put it on sale for 10% off....$277.81 down from $308.68.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140203858564&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

PK
08/07/2011, 10:52 PM
PK-
How'd this turn out when you installed everything? Was it really nice quality and such when you got into it? Recommend it?
I've been watching it since you first mentioned it, and today I see the seller put it on sale for 10% off....$277.81 down from $308.68.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140203858564&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hi Sue,
yep - everything fitted perfect.
I did notice a slight difference in how the belt tensioner was built, but the new part fitted perfect and the VX is running sweet.
The water pump looked like an exact copy. Even the same casting marks, so probably from the same factory as the original one.

If I ever get to 240k km I will buy another set.

PK