PDA

View Full Version : Engine Fraud

lfranz166
11/12/2010, 02:13 PM
I sent my payment for my new 3.5 v6 to Rising sun engines over a month ago, as soon as the check was cashed i was no longer able to get ahold of the owner. now i have rattled all the cages and according to the Butte county sheriffs dept there are 17 reports over the last 2 months of this. if anyone on here lives near Chico california go knock on this guys door the Sheriffs dept tells me they are 30 miles away and thats to far to do a drive by WTF i live in Pittsburgh PA anyone out there that can help me i will be deeply in your dept

-Luke

circmand
11/12/2010, 02:18 PM
I sent my payment for my new 3.5 v6 to Rising sun engines over a month ago, as soon as the check was cashed i was no longer able to get ahold of the owner. now i have rattled all the cages and according to the Butte county sheriffs dept there are 17 reports over the last 2 months of this. if anyone on here lives near Chico california go knock on this guys door the Sheriffs dept tells me they are 30 miles away and thats to far to do a drive by WTF i live in Pittsburgh PA anyone out there that can help me i will be deeply in your dept

-Luke

the Chico Newspaper and advise them of the local rip off artist, the amount of complaints and the attitude of their elected sheriff. Also the DA for chico as well. This is a lesson learned never trust an anonomous business and pay upfront.

circmand
11/12/2010, 02:25 PM
BBB Rating for Rising Sun Engines, Inc.
Based on BBB files, Rising Sun Engines, Inc. has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
•16 complaints filed against business
•Failure to respond to 5 complaints filed against business.
•BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
•BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.

This took less than a minute. It is best to do this search prior to sending money. What method did you use for payment you may have other options.

lfranz166
11/12/2010, 02:33 PM
i used a check, which with my bank is like using a debit credit card im pursuing that. my real question is if all this was going on how the hell is this guys web site still able to be online. and why in the world cant i get anyone from the local police dept to stop and see whats going on.

ibmx2
11/12/2010, 02:54 PM
and why in the world cant i get anyone from the local police dept to stop and see whats going on.

if its like chicago they get a cut :bwgy:

sorry to hear that

circmand
11/12/2010, 02:57 PM
i used a check, which with my bank is like using a debit credit card im pursuing that. my real question is if all this was going on how the hell is this guys web site still able to be online. and why in the world cant i get anyone from the local police dept to stop and see whats going on.

a web site once put up stays up as long as the company that runs the servor is paid. Even then past pages still remian in memory and will pop up on search. The local cops are probably related too or being paid off or just plain lazy. That is why the newspaper or district attn is a better route. Do a search on reviews there is a guy who is or was trying to get everyone together and do something. If you want satisfaction you really need to be the one doing something not looking for someone else who doesnt have legal standing. I mean if a member here lives in Chico what can he do? He ce cant file a report he isnt the victim. He can walk in and ask the guy about this be lied to and wont know what has been said or done because he hasnt been involved. Try to Butte County Sheriffs dept. too. There is some chatter they are building a case. At best expect to lose the money and this con man to go to jail for a few months or just get probation

Triathlete
11/12/2010, 05:13 PM
If this was *Pirate 4x4 (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203)you would have 30 people knocking on their door ready for a beatdown!:bwgy:

Good luck! Hope you put a stop payment on that check:yesy:

* yes, that is a link to one of the greatest threads EVER!

vt_maverick
11/13/2010, 09:12 AM
If this was *Pirate 4x4 (http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203)you would have 30 people knocking on their door ready for a beatdown!:bwgy:

WOW. :eek:

Marlin
11/13/2010, 10:41 AM

Dude, I am on page 11 right now, hillarious, don't spoil the end for me...

Marlin
11/13/2010, 11:24 AM
Gave up at page 40...wow!

Riff Raff
11/13/2010, 01:22 PM
I sent my payment for my new 3.5 v6 to Rising sun engines over a month ago, as soon as the check was cashed i was no longer able to get ahold of the owner. now i have rattled all the cages and according to the Butte county sheriffs dept there are 17 reports over the last 2 months of this. -Luke

Luke--- Sorry to hear of your situation. The Butte County Sheriff's Department is probably overwhelmed with various on-line complaints and your's is probably very low or not even on their priority roster with their day-to-day duties. You will likely not get any help or assistance from any form of law enforcement (City, County, State, or Federal), period.

It's sad, but that's the truth and you will just have to chaulk this up to one of life's hard lesson's in this world of on-line internet shopping. Consider your monetary loss as school "tuition" to become a smarter shopper, and do your very best that you never become a scam victim again in your lifetime. At one point or another, we all have experienced being ripped-off by other's from trusting them (blood-line family member's are the absolute worst, with on-line con-artist's a close second). The intense amount of anger of being ripped-off can bring the best of us to thinking about brutal revenge and taking the law into our own hands using the Ol' West tactics (believe me, I've been there a few times). The best we can do is to try to take steps that minimize the threat and keep people honest.

Since your replacement engine was most likely an expensive purchase and a high value item, you should have used an on-line purchase "conduit" for the monetary transaction. The very best purchase conduit to conduct a high-value on-line monetary transaction is to use www.ESCROW.com which I described in the "eBay" thread. Nobody would have gotten any money, until you had your new engine in your hot little hands, and it met your total satisfaction after a 3-day inspection period. Please visit www.ESCROW.com for more specific information, as it can be used for anything to make a secure high value purchase on-line using the internet.

EDIT: Luke, one final tactic you might try is to contact local TV News Station's located in Chico, CA that specifically have a "consumer shopper complaint" department to possibly do a TV News investigative story on the shaddy business practices of Rising Sun Engine's. Many TV News station's love to expose shaddy business owner's and they often help recover money back to the ripped-off consumer, as the business owner doesn't want the "bad press". Just do an internet search for: "TV Stations located in Chico, CA" and contact each one with your specific problem. As a bare minimum, you should contact all four(4) TV News station's from each major TV affiliate (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) in Chico, CA. Good luck, and keep us posted as things develop.

tom4bren
11/15/2010, 12:30 PM
...It's sad, but that's the truth and you will just have to chaulk this up to one of life's hard lesson's in this world of on-line internet shopping. Consider your monetary loss as school "tuition" to become a smarter shopper, and do your very best that you never become a scam victim again in your lifetime...

I'm not sure that he is out of options. It seems to me that this company has committed several felonies and since it crossed state lines is ripe for Federal involvement. A simple phone call to the FBI with all of the information should be your next step. I don't think that the FBI would shrug you off if you mention that the BBB has records of 16 prior incidents. If a company is willing to risk Internet fraud and mail fraud (you said you mailed them a check), it's likely that they are guilty of other offenses as well such as tax evasion.

I'm not saying that the FBI will be able to recover the money you spent ... but stranger things have happened.

lfranz166
12/10/2010, 08:10 PM
Well guys after contacting the BBB i finally got my motor we will see how it runs

Gussie2000
12/10/2010, 08:39 PM
Well guys after contacting the BBB i finally got my motor we will see how it runs

It's a shame that a business had to taken to that extreme in order for them to do the right thing without having any consideration for customer's hard earned money :mad:

circmand
12/11/2010, 09:36 AM

and thanks for posting the warning. This should serve as a reminder to the rest of us never trust an anonomous source. Always check the source. By from reputable suppliers the couple extra bucks is worth it. The red flags were there ahead of time

vt_maverick
12/13/2010, 10:46 AM
Congrats Luke, keep us updated!

lfranz166
12/13/2010, 01:17 PM
Well i got the motor in this weekend however i have no spark im thinking maybe the crank sensor could have been damaged when the old motor blew up

CoastieCosta567
12/14/2010, 05:10 AM
good luck bro. :grino:

crager34
12/15/2010, 01:52 PM
Dude, I am on page 11 right now, hillarious, don't spoil the end for me...

Outstanding!!

djvx
12/15/2010, 06:06 PM
Well i got the motor in this weekend however i have no spark im thinking maybe the crank sensor could have been damaged when the old motor blew up

My friend's engine from rising sun blew up instantly. It was a Trooper to Trooper swap. They said he'd get a completely refurbished motor with a warranty and Blah Blah Blah. It was a hunk of junk. Now he has an Axiom motor from a Junkyard. It doesnt look like much, but here's some pics-