PDA

View Full Version : I love cladding!

Stephen Biko
11/07/2010, 04:29 AM
On trash day sometimes it gets windy enough to blow empty plastic trashbins into the road. One day I got sick of swerving around them and decide to give on a little "tap" with the cladding. It was pretty cool - it shot up into the air and about 15 feet up the owner's driveway. Since then I've had the chance to "kick" a few more out of the middle of the road and its really rewarding, like kicking a soccer ball or maybe VX polo.

Other than making absolutely sure there's nobody around to get hit, it seems pretty harmless. Cladding doesn't even scratch. So I was wondering if anyone else had tried playing kick the can with their VX?

Also, at the grocery I think its lots of fun to let my shopping cart ram into the cladding at the rear, just bounces off without leaving a mark at all. Everybody else has to be so careful with their cars. Whenever it is that I finally have to give up my VX, I'm sure going to miss the cladding. Seems like few cars of any sort have cladding any more.

mrtew
11/07/2010, 09:22 AM
I love my cladding too! When douchbags park over the line in the parking lot and leave those little tiny spaces that everyone is afraid to park in, I come along and have no fear. Nobody can ding my door so I just squeeze in and park in the center of the spot as if I was there before the idiot came along. The further they are into the spot the better because I can park a half-inch away and just get out on the other side. I find my antics to be hilarious and it's all possible because of the cladding!

crager34
11/09/2010, 07:16 AM
So, due to no fault of their own you decided to vandalized your neighbors trash cans for fun?

RickOKC
11/09/2010, 07:40 AM
Hey, it's trash day so I may get to test this tonight. I must have offended the city guys because they apparently use GPS and lasers to perfectly center my cans at the base of my driveway. I wonder if I could just bounce them over the house into the back yard instead of having to get out and move them before I pull into the drive. Too bad I'm not an engineer - I don't know the correct speed and angle.

Luna X
11/09/2010, 07:52 AM
years ago I played this game... only, it was middle of the winter back in Ma. So, the plastic barrels are below freezing... they don't bounce, they shatter into pieces!!!

ah yes... good times :)

Stephen Biko
11/09/2010, 03:13 PM
So, due to no fault of their own you decided to vandalized your neighbors trash cans for fun?

When they are in the middle of the lane they are a traffic hazard - I don't blame the owners for them ending up there, S happens. But I bet the law would assign them liability if someone got into a traffic accident trying to avoid one. I could stop and get out and move them by hand, but when have you ever seen anyone do that? Everyone else just swerves around them. Better that someone "kicks" it back into their driveway than it cause a traffic accident.

crager34
11/09/2010, 05:12 PM
When they are in the middle of the lane they are a traffic hazard - I don't blame the owners for them ending up there, S happens. But I bet the law would assign them liability if someone got into a traffic accident trying to avoid one. I could stop and get out and move them by hand, but when have you ever seen anyone do that? Everyone else just swerves around them. Better that someone "kicks" it back into their driveway than it cause a traffic accident.

Mmmmm.... I will acquiesce to the fact that I don’t live there and don’t know the laws, but I assume this is a residential neighborhood and the speed limit maybe about 25 or 30 (as in mine). Also, you didn’t mention you were performing a civic duty by ramming someone else’s property with your VX, just so their trash cans won’t be the cause of an accident.

I bet you are correct that if those cans did cause an accident the owners would be cited. I also bet that if they don’t cause an accident and you get caught damaging someone else’s property, or they happen to fly and hit someone or something you didn’t see due to your fun time, you get cited.

Off the soap box now.

Gussie2000
11/09/2010, 09:02 PM
Here in NYC you can find them "driving" along with you,the wind haul them from one side of the street to the other trhu traffic flowing @ 40 mph.

By the way crager,don't be so mean buddy

Triathlete
11/09/2010, 09:46 PM
FYI...Cladding will scratch! If a small branch can do what many of them have done to my cladding I am sure that a hardish plastic trash bin will do the same eventually.:yesy:
Now back to your regularly scheduled program...:bwgy:

Y33TREKker
11/10/2010, 06:02 AM
With trees like those in the area, I bet the kids who were in trouble back in the day must have hated being told to go pick the switch/branch that was going to be used for their spanking. ;)

I guess it just depends on the circumstances, because a friend in this area who also used to own a VX had a deer glance off his front bumper at about 50mph...not a mark on the cladding.

circmand
11/10/2010, 07:26 AM

This no fault of theirs is another hey its someone elses fault. The owner of the trash is responsible for the trash and the trash can. We have the problem here on trash day its a mine field. Most residents move the can in after the trash is picked up and the others leave them out all day the wind blows them in the street some times it takes a day or two. My bet if you hit one and it caused damage you could sue the owner for damages as you could for them failing to secure a load in a pick up and something flew off. Too much of this its not my fault PC stuff. If you rob a bank you are guilt its not because you had a bad childhood. And if it is a windy day you sould know you need to bring in your cans after trash pick up not leave them to be blown into the street.

mrtew
11/10/2010, 04:56 PM
.... Most residents move the can in after the trash is picked up and the others leave them out all day the wind blows them in the street some times it takes a day or two..... And if it is a windy day you sould know you need to bring in your cans after trash pick up not leave them to be blown into the street.

Hey some of us have to go to freaking work even on windy trash days!

pbkid
11/10/2010, 07:53 PM
in a bad mood darrin? ;)