PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Reset???

Freon VX
09/05/2003, 02:50 PM
Did anyone ever post the code for the CD changer reset? Im now getting the dreaded error code 3, and would like to, at the very leasts, get my cd's out of the unit. ALSO could somebody either provide directions or post the link to remving the dash insert (dark grey that covers the cd player and changer. I noticed the changer part is smaller and may be able to be removed by itself. Please advise.

Bill

Heraclid
09/05/2003, 05:42 PM
Just so happens I just got my CDs back from the factory and it only took a bit over a month! ;eekb; If memory serves me correctly that's REAL fast for them. They're a bit rough around the edges but can't say if that is from the changer or the removal process. Still playable!

Tone once posted a reset procedure:

Err 3 - How to reset

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Depress the eject button 50 times, turn the key on and depress the brake, turn the key off and reconnect the battery cable. The lights on the CD changer will flash orange-green. As soon as this stops, depress the Eject button. This may release (eject) the CDs.

I know it sounds a bit strange and it didn't work for me, but I hear it has been known to work for some.

For the entire thread see:
http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/001245.html