PDA

View Full Version : DFW Meet 25th Oct.

Jay Dunford
10/15/2002, 07:25 AM
Anyone interested in a DFW meet Friday 25th Oct.? Tone is coming up for the Rally training in Rockwall on Sat. 26th. Details: http://www.texasscca.org/Rally201Training1002.pdf
There is also another Rallycross on Sun. 27th at the same location. Details (older flyer, but location and times should be the same): http://www.cricketlady.com/rallycross/march_rainout.pdf

Come on people the rest of the country is making the DFW'ers look like a bunch of wimps when it comes to getting together.

Cptnmorgan
10/15/2002, 11:08 AM
I'm up for it. Just give me a location and approx. time. Count me in for the rallycross on Sunday also! It's time to defend that 1st place I got last month! :D (sorry had to brag). I will be in Kansas from Wed. night to Sunday night w/no internet access So I will reply to any comments when I get back in Texas.

3C

dyanni
10/16/2002, 07:46 PM
So is Rally Training a spectator event ? I saw some video of a Rally where a black VX really ripped up the dirt. Looked really cool. Will Tone be in the Sunday Event ?

Jay Dunford
10/17/2002, 06:17 AM
The training on Sat. is to train course workers in true club/pro rally situations. We will be setting up start/finish gates, working on timing/scoring, etc. There won't be any real racing on Sat. so spectating would likely be boring, but everyone is welcome to participate.

Sunday is the Rallcross which is a timed race through a course laid out in a field. For anyone who has not done this it is a total blast, I think I have CptnMorgan hooked. Most of the regional SCCA chapters have some sort of a program set up and you can get info at www.SCCA.org or there is a rally forum that posts about regional events at www.specialstage.com

Don't know if Tone is going to stay through Sunday for the RallyX or not.

dyanni
10/18/2002, 01:49 AM
Will your VX -or- the captn's VX be in the Rally ? on Sunday ...

Jay Dunford
10/18/2002, 04:39 AM
Both of us.

Tone
10/18/2002, 05:51 AM
I don’t see any comments from the other Dallas area VXers = what’s up with that?

I’ll be coming up Friday afternoon so that evening would be a great opportunity to go out to dinner with a few of you or maybe meet at Dallas’ house to watch the blower install?

Jay Dunford
10/18/2002, 06:21 AM
Same old, same old . . . last few times I've posted a meet only CptnMorgan has responded to all of them.

vx69
10/18/2002, 08:26 AM
I will try to make this one. I went to the one in Aug? or was it Sept? any ways I really had a blast, and I am looking forward to meeting Tone! any ways I will try, and sorry for the late response

TimG
10/28/2002, 05:04 PM
So how'd the meet go?

Tone
10/29/2002, 10:15 AM
Meet was good but unfortunately only one new (to me) owner was able to attend. Jason has a great, loud set of duals installed and a cool grill cover. Rally course training was cold and windy but quite informative.

Cptnmorgan
10/29/2002, 10:36 AM
Ok that grill cover was not on there when I met him at the rally cross. What did he use to do it?

Cptnmorgan
11/02/2002, 08:03 PM
VX69 what's your secret on the material used for that grill cover?

vx69
11/02/2002, 08:56 PM
It is simple... It is an APC cut to fit grill, (you can get them in red, silver, and blue i think) But I do know you can get them at your local autozone, pepboys, and apc website. I believe the cost is $35 or so

Cptnmorgan
11/04/2002, 07:39 AM
Cool thanks! I recently tried the BBQ idea and scarpped it for lack of usefule tools to get an exact fit. Scrtched my grill and said $crew it!! I'll have to give this a try, maybe black paint?!?!

3C