PDA

View Full Version : A quick lighting question

ibmx2
10/21/2010, 08:57 PM
What bulbs are in the Amber dorsal lights in the headlight assembly and where do you change them

also is Amber their color or is there something in there making it Amber

Ascinder
10/21/2010, 09:08 PM
Do a search on horn lights.

pbkid
10/21/2010, 10:23 PM
you can reach behind the light and grab and turn em out...

pretty standard bulb. can be purchased anywhere.... most people change em to LED to make em brighter

deermagnet
10/22/2010, 04:58 AM
It's just a small wedge base bulb that you can get anywhere. The lens is clear, so the bulb provides the color. Take one out and bring it with you in the store and find something like it in the color you want. I think new they were some sort of green color, but I'm not sure, it was so long ago.

I've been using red for about ten years now-
http://www.wtv-zone.com/markg/mag/red.jpg

Red or blue may be illegal where you live, but I've been pulled over by cops lots of times and they never bothered me about 'em.

Mark Griffin

vt_maverick
10/22/2010, 06:57 AM
PM jdm monkey if you're interested in LEDs, I believe he has a kit that he sells for about $15 that includes LEDs for the dome light.

Red or blue may be illegal where you live, but I've been pulled over by cops lots of times and they never bothered me about 'em.

Okay this just begs the question... do you speed much?

deermagnet
10/22/2010, 08:56 AM
Okay this just begs the question... do you speed much?

Well, yes. But I'm not an aggressive driver or drive it like I stole it. I mostly get caught doing ~60 in a 45 zone on smaller state routes. PA cops including state cops always knock it down to 5 over the limit, unless you're a total a-hole about it or you were doing 90 in a 45. That way you don't get any points on your record and it doesn't affect your insurance. You mail out a check the next day for ~$115 and everything is cool, like it never happened. That's a pretty good deal. :yesy:

Mark

Mile High VX
10/22/2010, 03:56 PM
Well, yes. But I'm not an aggressive driver or drive it like I stole it. I mostly get caught doing ~60 in a 45 zone on smaller state routes. PA cops including state cops always knock it down to 5 over the limit, unless you're a total a-hole about it or you were doing 90 in a 45. That way you don't get any points on your record and it doesn't affect your insurance. You mail out a check the next day for ~$115 and everything is cool, like it never happened. That's a pretty good deal. :yesy:

Mark

And the deer never have a chance to escape....:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb: