PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

crotchrocket
10/20/2010, 04:35 AM
So after waiting 2.5 months for my VX to get back to me from a minor accident they have spray painted the cladding that was scratched and charged me to replace it, so half the front bumper is painted and half is plastic and now the brand new steering box is pissing out fluid GRRRR!!!! what a bunch of usless c*nts!!

had to vent.....

samneil2000
10/20/2010, 05:53 AM
That suxxxx

vt_maverick
10/20/2010, 06:17 AM
Sounds like something your local newspaper / TV station might like to investigate. Of course that's advice based on the American mindset of sue everybody for everything, not sure if the UK is the same way. In any event, I definitely think it would be warranted in your situation.

Sorry dude. :(

crotchrocket
10/20/2010, 07:55 AM
The Uk way is to write a stern letter, lol.................which is what im doing :D

tom4bren
10/20/2010, 08:00 AM
Dang son, that's rough. Keep us posted.

Chopper
10/20/2010, 08:03 AM
Well, fire off a stern note, and give 'em a good piece of your mind. Then throw the leaking steering box thru their largest window
**That's the Hillbilly way (minus the letter)***

etlsport
10/20/2010, 08:28 AM
that sucks! i got my VX back from the body shop minus the roof trim, with a torn drivers side weather strip, a lot of finger prints and some excess adhesives

i went back there and raised hell, they detailed it for me, put the trim back on (backwards :rollb: and ordered a new weatherstrip from merlin (which hasnt arrived yet, but what can you do)

crotchrocket
10/20/2010, 08:58 AM
They also delivered it back with ZERO fuel had about £40 in it when it left and i made sure i filled the hire car back up to the brim :(

Bob Barker
10/20/2010, 08:59 AM
I'd go to the paint shop and burn that mother down!

but that's just how I roll.

Mile High VX
10/20/2010, 04:24 PM
I'd go to the paint shop and burn that mother down!

but that's just how I roll.

Spoke like a edumacated Arkansan there Mr. Barker...:bgwo:

Marlin
10/20/2010, 05:11 PM
So after waiting 2.5 months for my VX to get back to me from a minor accident they have spray painted the cladding that was scratched and charged me to replace it, so half the front bumper is painted and half is plastic and now the brand new steering box is pissing out fluid GRRRR!!!! what a bunch of usless c*nts!!

had to vent.....

Once upon a time we had a problem with some brits, we threw a party:) What kind of shop did you take your truck too? Sounds like the kind of shoddy work you would get in my driveway. You need to bring that purty little ebony over here to my house...I will fix it for ya. Maybe even throw on a custom bumper while I am at it.

pbkid
10/20/2010, 06:27 PM
Sounds like the kind of shoddy work you would get in my driveway.

You need to bring that purty little ebony over here to my house...I will fix it for ya.

ummmm..... did anyone else notice this contradiction???? LOL :_beer:

Marlin
10/20/2010, 06:50 PM
ummmm..... did anyone else notice this contradiction???? LOL :_beer:
I would do it for far less, and no stupid half paint on the plastic. Its all or none:bgwb:

samneil2000
10/21/2010, 06:33 AM
I would do it for far less, and no stupid half paint on the plastic. Its all or none:bgwb:

Have you seen your hood? Looks like you missed a spot. :p

Luna X
10/22/2010, 09:24 AM

had to vent.....

If the estimate calls for replacement of the part and you didn't agree to them repairing it, then they commited fraud.

Lean on them till they get you a new bumper, and make sure to tell them you want to keep your existing part... you will then have a back-up for the next little boo-boo ;)

crotchrocket
10/22/2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah, it now makes sence why they kept shrugging me off when i was interested in getting the old bumper off them!!.......... the bloody thing was still on my truck!

The problem im having is all the hire car, replairs and repair shops were organised by a accident management company so i cant go to the garages directly and i also wasnt able to choose where to send it!

This is the second time i've had a garage do work on my VX in 2 years and the second time i've had problems with it!!! I may not have all the mechanical knowledge in the world but at least i research and take care when repairing my VX, mechanics dont seem to give a sh*t!!!

Bob Barker
10/22/2010, 11:10 AM
Here in the US you can choose where your vehicle is sent for repairs, you just have to put up with the insurance estimator trying to persuade you to go to one of their "approved" (i.e. cut rate) repair shops.

crotchrocket
10/22/2010, 11:18 AM
Sounds a better system!

Triathlete
10/22/2010, 01:57 PM
Since they wanted to be cheap bastards the first go-round with your cladding maybe you can "settle" with them line-xing all your cladding!:bwgy: