PDA

View Full Version : More Window Binding help PLEASE !

jester0064
09/04/2003, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone...

I have that damn window binding problem...
I have been playing with PHINES fix for the last
few hours....no luck...doesnt work for me !

You guys are lucky that it did for you...
I am jealous !

Anyway....what it looks like is happening on mine...
and tell me if there is something I dont see here...
or something I can adjust ?

ok...i am sitting in the vx in the passenger seat...
the right side of the window...side where the door lock
is...seems to be where the window starts lifting from
first it raises first pushing that side higher than the front...
causing it pop out and bind...

cant fix it...dont understand....

seems like a lot of play with the window...
like i can rock it left and right and I dont think
I should be able to ?
drivers side doesnt have an much play...
and dont have the problem as of yet...

any ideas ?

did anyone actually cut that rubber lining out of the track completely and like line it with felt or something instead ?

or is this a really bad idea ?

I am really lost here...tried all of PHINES notes...
didnt work for me.

Thanks !

Jonnie
09/04/2003, 07:49 PM
You will need to remove the door panel, remove the rubber strip on the front inside track, widen the track, then replace the rubber strip.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1798

Jonathan

jester0064
09/04/2003, 08:12 PM
Jonnie...

I did that....
I did all of Phines' advise....
no luck...

How much bigger should ya widen the track ?
I mean I already made it like 50% wider ?

AREA 51
09/05/2003, 10:25 AM
Look inside the door for a broken or damaged plastic window attachment or track at the bottom of the window glass in the areas where I put "o"'s. I think this may explain the pivoting at the top corners. I believe there was an old post on this happening if the binding goes on too long .

top rear
....................\
l
l
l...o........o........o..\ bottom front , of window.

Anita
09/05/2003, 10:41 AM
If those plastic tabs attached to the window are broken, time for a new window. That is what happened to me when I let the window problem go on too long and continued to try to use it.

David Wiltshire
09/05/2003, 02:24 PM
It does sound like the fixing to the window is at fault I guess you have checked the obvious like ensuring the whole mechanism is fixed and no screws are missing from the assembly. As someone who has carried out the Phines modification (second time on the drivers right hand side) I can say that it does work. What I did the second time was remove the electric motor and run the window up and down by hand this helps find the tight sections of the rail once you have opened it up. Since carrying out this check on one side I have never had a problem with the window.

CSTYLES
09/05/2003, 09:39 PM
This is one of the problems affecting me too. There is a lot of play on mine so I stopped using it all together.
I bought my VX used, how do I know if it is still under warranty?

If not, how do I remove the door panel? I only see one screw on the entire inside of door. Someone suggested to me that it was the regulator and that it would cost me over $100.

Sorry to rehash this for the people who have already dealt with this problem.

jester0064
09/06/2003, 12:47 PM
taking the door panel off is easy....

check this link...
(cant get the shortcut thing to work...
just copy and paste the link in your browser)...

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=182&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

i think its post #12.

David Wiltshire
09/07/2003, 02:57 AM
When I bought my VX here in the U.K. no windows or the rear view camera/hifi system screen worked. So I set about sorting the windows out. It turned out that the electric motor was burnt out on one side and binding on both sides. As I cannot get spares here in the U.K. I ordered the parts from St Charles Isuzu. At the time I read a lot of posts on the subject of windows and ordered a regulator thinking that the problem may be that item, on close inspection I noticed that the old one in my vehicle had no more play than the new one despite an obvious long running problem with the windows. So my advice would be if anything on the window side fails and needs replacement it is either the top window fixings ( window)as described by area 51 and Anita or the electric motor. To check the regulator mechanism I would still recomend removing the electric motor which then enables you to check any binding in the full travel of the window.
Hope this helps,
Best regards,
David Wiltshire.

Navigator
09/07/2003, 12:03 PM
...Spray the rails with silicone lubricant at the first sign of binding. Like any surface that rubs against another, the surfaces between the rails and glass need to be lubricated to provide friction/binding free operation. This maintenance issue is not limited to the VX, however the lack of service to this component by ISUZU techs may be. In most cases it is done when the vehicle is taken in for routine maintenance along with lubricating the door and hood hinges, cables and such. Just as you would not ignore engine oil, or consider it a nusance to change it on or before schedule, the little details of lubrication mean a lot to long term trouble free enjoyment of the vehicle. Hope this helps :D