PDA

View Full Version : VRox's VCross Back in Action!

VRox
10/14/2010, 07:26 AM
Picked up my VX yesterday after being repaired from an accident. She looks great, new hood, new grill, new new headlights, front end cladding along with new AC, and other internal parts! Here is the kicker, she cost $9375 to repair and she blue books at $9,600 last I checked. I cannot believe the insurance company did not total it! Aurora Collision Center started repair off the initial acceptance of liability, then the insurance company came back and said, no, total it, after receiving the supplemental costs. ACC began repairs and already had parts on order so it was too late to turn back. I am still waiting for my driver door cladding to come in from Japan and then she will be good as new but she is back on the road as of today! ACC did a fantastic job putting her back together and found all the required parts!:bgwo:
Now to shine her all up and hit the streets!

vt_maverick
10/14/2010, 07:50 AM
Amazing that they were able to find everything; did they go through Isuzu to get the parts, or did they have to scour eBay or other aftermarket companies? I know in the past members have had to do that for their body shops, and often had to order aftermarket bumper cladding.

Good to hear another VX is back on the road!

VRox
10/14/2010, 08:21 AM
They went through a local Isuzu dealer who ordered parts from Japan. Cost is ridiculous to do so. They searched for aftermarket and could not locate I guess, whew!

Gussie2000
10/14/2010, 12:23 PM
Welcome back VX roy.
Now is time to enjoy your "brand-new" baby.

Have fun ! :happyface

VRox
10/14/2010, 04:53 PM
Oh I am. I spent the day cleaning and shining her up. Feels great to be driving her again!

Gussie2000
10/14/2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah,i feel ya.

I had my horse painted back in 2008 only for two at the bodyshop.

I was kind of lost without it.