PDA

View Full Version : I'm heading to Washington State

Marlin
10/05/2010, 06:33 PM
Talked to the detailer today, looks like I am heading to Bremerton, WA to be stationed on the Nimitz...again. I was on the Nimitz in the late 90s in Norfolk and San Diego. I have never been to WA, and that will be last sea tour before I retire. Looking forward to it since Norfolk is the armpit of America, and San Diego is the *** hole of America. Only choice left is Japan and Wa. Lets face it, m VX, F250 and trooper RS would not even be allowed to set foot over there, and I am sure there is no off roading.
Looking forward to hooking up with Riff and Rowhard!!! I can get you guys to get your VXs dirty for once:) I won't be there till next August'ish. More to follow. Its only 1200 miles to Moab from there!!!! Instead of the 2100 I drive now!!!

Triathlete
10/05/2010, 06:46 PM
Washington ia a great place if you like outdoors stuff! I was stationed at Whidbey Island for school. Loved it...except the rain! The wheeling up there will be a lot like the east coast...wet, muddy and slippery!

Riff Raff
10/05/2010, 07:29 PM
That's great news, Marlin. I look forward to meeting you as well. You'll love Bremerton, WA. It's full of scenic beauty. I've taken a walk-on-board tour of the Nimitz-- very impressive ACC. It's a very formidable threat to a rogue nation, and will make them think twice about testing its mighty power.:bgwb:

rowhard
10/05/2010, 08:04 PM
Chris, looking forward to seeing you again. So, if I give you back the challenge coin you gave me at Moab, does that mean you get to buy? Happen to know a pretty good saloon down my way

wekilled
10/07/2010, 10:20 PM
Dang, I PCS from Wa and we get more VXers in the old neighborhood. Ever since this Army guy transplanted to Naval Post Grad School here this Summer, I am the lone VX here in Monterey. I entered a car show down here and got whole lotta of "that's stupid, what is it?" Gotta visit the Peninsula area-Beach 2, Rialto Beach, Rain Forest. Maybe stay at the Navy Resort at Pacific Beach or Long Beach (fireworks are like D-day on the 4th-saw a car with fireworks in it go up in flames this year)

fuzzy
10/08/2010, 02:44 AM
I can sympathize with you as being the lone VXer at NPS... at least for a while (2002-2005)... and then one day towards the end of my tour, I was magically one of two. Same thing happened at USAFA. Started out the only VX and by the time I returned from the desert, I was no longer unique. I now see my assignments as a way to spread the word to the heathens.

vt_maverick
10/08/2010, 06:55 AM
I entered a car show down here and got whole lotta of "that's stupid, what is it?"

Amazing what a group think mentality car show guys have, especially those with classic cars. I just don't get it, "Look at my 65/68 Mustang/Camaro, I just poured $20K into it and now it looks JUST LIKE everybody else's."

Buy something unique that most people don't see every day, and morons poke fun. Gotta love it.

Ldub
10/08/2010, 05:15 PM
Buy something unique that most people don't see every day, and morons poke fun. Gotta love it.

As the Edsel said: " welcome to my world"...:rolleyesg

BigMeatVX
10/08/2010, 11:43 PM
Wha Hooo!!!;)

Now we can go wheeling all the time...Im right around the corner from there... and know a few good hardcore trails around here....

Marlin
10/09/2010, 02:05 AM
Wha Hooo!!!;)

Now we can go wheeling all the time...Im right around the corner from there... and know a few good hardcore trails around here....

I'm in, when not on deployment of course. I'm gonna miss Uwharrie and all the folks there, but its getting kind of boring, time for some new trails...weird, sometimes its just all about the strange.

Luna X
10/09/2010, 08:20 AM
fellow VX'ers on the east coast.... shhhhhh!..... while Marlin is away, a group could sneak over and return his poor Proton's body back to it's correct color.. lol ;) :)

Marlin
10/09/2010, 06:40 PM
fellow VX'ers on the east coast.... shhhhhh!..... while Marlin is away, a group could sneak over and return his poor Proton's body back to it's correct color.. lol ;) :)

No way, we are moving to Washington. We should be there 3 years or so.