PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear Assurance wiper blades

Triathlete
10/05/2010, 01:05 PM
Picked up a pair of Goodyear Assurance wiper blades (http://mplink.com/_goodyear/?mid=assurance)(Cosco had a buy one get one free coupon). Installed them today and tested them out...they work great. They flex to the shape of the windshield and leave it streak-free! If your in need of new blades you might want to check these out.:thumbup::thumbup:

MSHardeman
10/05/2010, 01:18 PM
Billy, how do they work in the snow? It's starting to get cold up here, the snow will by flying soon, and I need new wiper blades. If you could find some snow down there in Arizona and test them out for me that would be great.:biggringr

Triathlete
10/05/2010, 01:30 PM
They are snow rated...have the little snowflake emblem on the package:bwgy:

MSHardeman
10/05/2010, 01:33 PM
Excellent, that should come in handy for you. :p

Testimony from some first hand experience with them in the snow would be great, but I may just have to check them out without it.

Thanks for the review.

Triathlete
10/05/2010, 01:40 PM
It will probably be a while before mine see snow!:bwgy:

etlsport
10/05/2010, 04:39 PM
I wonder who actually makes the wipers? Any indication on the packaging? Ive seen one piece wipers by bosch, anco, rain-x, michelin, goodyear and valvoline.. I cant imagine they all manufacture their own..

I have heard good things about all of them. Nice deal on the ones you got! I just picked up the valvoline version at 40% off plus another 10 percent during a 3 hour sale

PittVXr
10/05/2010, 07:06 PM
I've been using these for a few months now and like them. Did you buy the sizes recommended by Goodyear? IIRC the book they had attached to the display in Costco said to use a 24" wiper for the driver's side and a 17" wiper for the passenger's side. It seemed that the driver's side wiper was a little too long. I noticed that when the wipers were at the end of their "wipe" across the windshield that the end of the wiper would lift away from the top of the windshield. I switched to a 22" for the driver's side and it seems to work a little better.

Mile High VX
10/05/2010, 07:15 PM
I've used the Rain-X for a few years and I love them. No streaks in the rain and exceptional in the ice and snow.

Only problem that I ever had was that the ends have a tendancy to come off if your not careful when you wash your vehicle.

Bob Barker
10/06/2010, 05:48 AM
How well do they stand up to the FL love bugs?

samneil2000
10/06/2010, 06:43 AM
How well do they stand up to the FL love bugs?

I don't think anything can handle those things except a squeegee with a strong handle so you can scrub hard...

Bob Barker
10/06/2010, 07:00 AM
Not even that... I broke a squeege handle at 7/11 one day trying to scrub those off the windshield of my old car. After that I decided to just take the filler hose and cover the windshield with gasoline and let that melt them off!