PDA

View Full Version : XV? Is that similar to a VX?

RickOKC
10/04/2010, 08:57 PM
While watching the newest episode of Top Gear on BBC America tonight, my attention was immediately grabbed by the mention of an "XV." (What? VX backward? )

The Conquest Knight XV makes the Hummer look like a Prius.

A basic feature list:
* It's armored like a tank
* Alpine tunes
* Power windows and courtesy lights! (freakin' awesome!)
* Leather seating and steering wheel
* Michelin XZY 385/65/22.5" tires (that's 42.2" tall x 15.16" wide)
* ONLY $489,000!!!!! ("I'll take 3 please, all in Victory White!")
* Optional 300 HP diesel with 660 ft/lbs torque
* ... which barely scratches the surface of the craziness!

Photo of the XV in "Ebony" (really… no cladding? No Ironman edition? How lame.):
http://members.cox.net/radamsokc/XV.jpg

CONQUEST KNIGHT XV WEBSITE (http://conquestvehicles.com/knight-xv.html)

:eek: :eek: GULP! :eek: :eek:

RallyDude
10/04/2010, 09:16 PM
In the UK, really? So much for those ultra-tiny European cars. i'd love to wheel my VX with one of these and watch him get hung up with it's massive wheelbase. Although I bet those running boards are retractable for some insane clearance.

nocturnalVX
10/04/2010, 09:38 PM
Too funny! I was getting online to look it up after seeing Top Gear as well. Since it's Canadian, maybe Kenny could test one out for us and give a report...

circmand
10/06/2010, 08:28 AM
While watching the newest episode of Top Gear on BBC America tonight, my attention was immediately grabbed by the mention of an "XV." (What? VX backward? )

The Conquest Knight XV makes the Hummer look like a Prius.

A basic feature list:
* It's armored like a tank
* Alpine tunes
* Power windows and courtesy lights! (freakin' awesome!)
* Leather seating and steering wheel

* ONLY $489,000!!!!! ("I'll take 3 please, all in Victory White!")
* Optional 300 HP diesel with 660 ft/lbs torque
* ... which barely scratches the surface of the craziness!

:eek: :eek: GULP! :eek: :eek:

When the main add ons listed are the radio, leather seating, power windows and locks the vehicle is made for wannabes not true performance. Who would pay half a million for an off road vehicle? It looks bad *** but I am wondering why all thge conveniences. Also do you really want power windows when 4 wheeling? I would worry about exiting if you end up doing any roof surfing

crotchrocket
10/06/2010, 11:17 AM
I dont think you'll find wheeling was its intended use! Its an armoured car.... and long wheel base for carrying special forces so im sure their not too worried about it grounding out in Moab :D

circmand
10/06/2010, 02:05 PM
I dont think you'll find wheeling was its intended use! Its an armoured car.... and long wheel base for carrying special forces so im sure their not too worried about it grounding out in Moab :D

but then again I think alpine rsound system, leather seats and steering wheel and courtesy lights are going overboard for special services. Maybe for use as an armed Limo for dictators

dietz99vcross
10/06/2010, 07:55 PM
It seems like when I purchased my VX some of the "featured" items included:
Leather seats, power windows, and power locks.

Oh and I then upgraded the radio to an Alpine head unit, so can I still use my VX for off roading?:winky:

circmand
10/07/2010, 07:36 AM
It seems like when I purchased my VX some of the "featured" items included:
Leather seats, power windows, and power locks.

Oh and I then upgraded the radio to an Alpine head unit, so can I still use my VX for off roading?:winky:

hey you can use a Chevy sprint to off road if you want. Oh yeah I think the VX came in a little less than a half a million dollars.

VXorado
10/07/2010, 06:39 PM
Saw this on Top Gear earlier in the week, pretty funny. There is a similar Russian off road vehicle that looks similar but it way cooler IMO and much cheaper.