PDA

View Full Version : IRT deadliest roads

Marlin
10/04/2010, 03:09 PM
Anyone else watching this show, they are out of their minds, looks like the kind of place that could use my bumper skills;)

circmand
10/04/2010, 03:33 PM
I doubt it will last more than a couple of weeks. Ice Road works because of the interaction. Theres none of that here it is just driving. I am watching the Glades and swamp people

Marlin
10/04/2010, 03:45 PM
I doubt it will last more than a couple of weeks. Ice Road works because of the interaction. Theres none of that here it is just driving. I am watching the Glades and swamp people

Swamp people is good too, mix all that in with Tosh.0...good to go.

circmand
10/04/2010, 04:02 PM
Swamp people is good too, mix all that in with Tosh.0...good to go.

But lets see who can name the eclectic show featuring

Chode
Tanook
Sixofnine
Bob

VX KAT
10/04/2010, 04:44 PM
I watched it...those people are frickin' nuts! 1.2 B people, 19 Million in that city alone and they don't seem to have any laws, rules, no order, and apparently, a very significant death wish. Said someone dies in a car every 4 1/2 mins....I can see how, they seem to pass only on blind curves on very narrow roads, in cars the size of Malibu Barbie's plastic kiddy Jeep! :freek:
Must be how they thin the gene pool. The smartest one there was "Alex" who went home after just one day of that chaos! :_wtf:

Grif
10/04/2010, 05:23 PM
But lets see who can name the eclectic show featuring

Chode
Tanook
Sixofnine
Bob

That would be "Tripping the Rift". Funny stuff!

Marlin
10/04/2010, 05:39 PM
I watched it...those people are frickin' nuts! 1.2 B people, 19 Million in that city alone and they don't seem to have any laws, rules, no order, and apparently, a very significant death wish. Said someone dies in a car every 4 1/2 mins....I can see how, they seem to pass only on blind curves on very narrow roads, in cars the size of Malibu Barbie's plastic kiddy Jeep! :freek:
Must be how they thin the gene pool. The smartest one there was "Alex" who went home after just one day of that chaos! :_wtf:

180000 people a year in car accidents, that would be like 10000 people a year here...I know it sounds rash, but in the military we callously call it the American Person Equivalent, or APE. How many of them does it take to equal 1 of us based on population and and our dislike of the country. For example, Australia is almost a one to one ratio, France is , well, however many people there are in France to 1. :work:

Stephen Biko
10/04/2010, 07:35 PM
180,000 people a year in car accidents, that would be like 10,000 people a year here...

You do know that we have over 40,000 highway deaths each year in the USA, right? I guess that puts their APE at 1 of them to 4 of us.

USATODAY - Traffic deaths drop to lowest since 1994 (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-08-14-traffic-deaths_N.htm)

Marlin
10/05/2010, 05:01 AM
You do know that we have over 40,000 highway deaths each year in the USA, right? I guess that puts their APE at 1 of them to 4 of us.

USATODAY - Traffic deaths drop to lowest since 1994 (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2008-08-14-traffic-deaths_N.htm)

You completely missed the joke, if you watch the show and look at how jam packed they are in their cities and their roads, they have more people than we do in a country that is much much smaller than ours...

Stephen Biko
10/05/2010, 06:57 PM
You completely missed the joke, if you watch the show and look at how jam packed they are in their cities and their roads, they have more people than we do in a country that is much much smaller than hours...

Yeah, I guess that ability to do basic math totally interferes with my sense of humor. Haven't watched the show, but I've been there since that's where my inlaws are from.

stangri
10/05/2010, 09:31 PM
Witnessed a lot of the blind turns overtaking and partially destroyed mountain roads when I lived in Dominican Republic. Due to the condition of the roads sometimes you would have to drive on the other side of the road yielding only to the bigger cars. Oh and if you stop at the red traffic light after the sun-down, the people behind you will be honking until you go thru red. :)

circmand
10/06/2010, 07:56 AM
That would be "Tripping the Rift". Funny stuff!

I picked up all 3 seasons DVDS awhile back

nfpgasmask
10/06/2010, 08:25 AM
More sensationalist "reality" TV. Can't stand it. Too much fabricated drama. What's the next completely boring theme they can come up with?

:_huh: Bart

nfpgasmask
10/06/2010, 08:26 AM
Tosh.0...good to go.

Now THERE'S a show worth watching. He is frickin' hilarious.

Bart

vt_maverick
10/06/2010, 08:31 AM

Bart

Can you guess what happens next? :)

circmand
10/06/2010, 08:32 AM

Bart

I watched a few episodes last night. The videos are generally very funny. Tosh himself is a sad copy of Bob Saget who frankly is not that funny either. Why is it these clip shows feel the need to try to be funnier than the video everytime? After the 3rd lame joke it is just awful but they keep on coming.

These producers need to realize there are billions of videos on the web. Show more of them and cut the host to intro and 1-2 quality jokes an episode. AND LEAVE OFF THE PUNS

vt_maverick
10/06/2010, 08:36 AM
Problem with Bob Saget is that AFHV was aimed at a family audience, so he couldn't do any of his real shtick. His stand-up is hilariously dirty. Btw, do you remember what he says in "Half Baked?"

Stephen Biko
10/06/2010, 03:16 PM
You can get the Tosh.0 experience without the Tosh on Fail Blog - http://failblog.org/
(by the lolcats guys).

nfpgasmask
10/06/2010, 03:20 PM
Tosh himself is a sad copy of Bob Saget who frankly is not that funny either.

Wow, I don't see that at all. Bob Saget is horrible, corny, and not really that funny at all, like you said. Tosh on the other hand is, in my opinion, quite the opposite. I just love how anti-PC and offensive he is. He just doesn't care and that's what makes him funny. He's not afraid to make your parent's cringe. If he is copying anyone, it would be like he is Joel McHale's nastier little brother...

I think he's funny as hell.

Bart

Stephen Biko
10/06/2010, 03:24 PM
Have you seen Saget's stand-up? It ain't nothing like the crap he does on broadcast TV. I guess it pays the bills though.

vt_maverick
10/06/2010, 03:29 PM
If he is copying anyone, it would be like he is Joel McHale's nastier little brother...

... or a white Chris Rock.

nfpgasmask
10/06/2010, 04:20 PM
Have you seen Saget's stand-up? It ain't nothing like the crap he does on broadcast TV. I guess it pays the bills though.

You know, I've heard he is really dirty and pervy. But after Full House and America's Funniest Videos, I just can't stand him.

Bart

vt_maverick
10/07/2010, 07:11 AM
You know, I've heard he is really dirty and pervy. But after Full House and America's Funniest Videos, I just can't stand him.

Bart

This scene is what made me interested in his stand-up; I almost fell out of my chair when the Full House guy stood up and said this in the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQM6sOsd5k

circmand
10/07/2010, 07:21 AM
Wow, I don't see that at all. Bob Saget is horrible, corny, and not really that funny at all,
Bart

Those who know me will tell you I am all for the anti PC crap we have to put up with in all aspects of our lives now a days. I have even been attacked here for not being a cuddly stuffed animal. No hard feelings I relish it. He does have the occasional funny line but his bits go on and on and on until they grind any humor out of it and leave me hitting the remote. I still have the opinion shut up and show the next video clip.

Frankly Joel Mchale and talk soup is funnier by far and more likely to be anti PC.

vt_maverick
10/07/2010, 07:36 AM
Funny I would say The Soup is more "cuddly" than Tosh.0, not to mention less original. At least with Tosh.0 you see different videos every week, whereas I'm pretty sure I could replicate The Soup experience by flipping through 2 minutes each of Jersey Shore, Bad Girls Club, Tool Academy, The Wendy Williams Show, America's Got Talent, and the 4th hour of The Today Show. You make a good point about how he goes on and on; in his stand-up he actually jokes about how he likes to start with jokes that appeal to the mass audience, then keep going until only one guy in the audience is laughing while all the others are pissed off. Very true I'd say.

Scott Harness
10/07/2010, 11:35 AM

Bart
x2...YES!:yesb:

circmand
10/07/2010, 02:35 PM
Funny I would say The Soup is more "cuddly" than Tosh.0, not to mention less original. At least with Tosh.0 you see different videos every week, whereas I'm pretty sure I could replicate The Soup experience by flipping through 2 minutes each of Jersey Shore, Bad Girls Club, Tool Academy, The Wendy Williams Show, America's Got Talent, and the 4th hour of The Today Show. You make a good point about how he goes on and on; in his stand-up he actually jokes about how he likes to start with jokes that appeal to the mass audience, then keep going until only one guy in the audience is laughing while all the others are pissed off. Very true I'd say.

I like the Tosh videos its the tosh I was getting bored with