PDA

View Full Version : Sound deadening materials

navistar
10/03/2010, 01:59 PM
I'd like to use some sound deadener material to eliminate road and general noise. I've seen various products like Dynamat, FatMat, etc. and in various thicknesses so I don't know quite what to make of it all and some seem expensive compared to others. Does anyone have personal experience with using and installing these materials and can make a recommendation on their performance?

Navi

Triathlete
10/03/2010, 02:35 PM
There is also a new spray on type that I believe is called Lizard Skin that has gotten some good reviews.
Here is their site. (http://www.lizardskin.com/)

Marlin
10/03/2010, 05:04 PM
Another option is to get bigger speakers:)

Ascinder
10/03/2010, 06:19 PM
There is also a new spray on type that I believe is called Lizard Skin that has gotten some good reviews.
Here is their site.

That's what I'm going with. Summit had the gun for half price;)!!

navistar
10/03/2010, 08:41 PM
Another option is to get bigger speakers:)

That did not occur to me at all but I LIKE IT!!

WormGod
10/04/2010, 06:51 AM
Remember....

Sound deadening material = more weight.

I am Dynamatted from gas pedal to tailgate. Probably added another 120lbs (guesstimate.... probably on the low side). That stuff is HEAVY.

Doesn't really kill road noise much, but sure does take out any vibration from big baddaboom bass. ;)

Luna X
10/04/2010, 07:29 AM
That did not occur to me at all but I LIKE IT!!

I squeezed in about the largest speakers you can, while keeping stock appearance...
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18966

workmeistr
10/04/2010, 08:27 AM
Another cheaper alternative to mats, is RAAM Mat. A Google search will get you to their website. I have used it on 3 differnet vehicles and it makes a big difference.:happyface

etlsport
10/04/2010, 09:51 AM
I used brownbread.. Got it on ebay for a decent price.. It is heavy though as mentioned. I think my shipping weight for 150 square feet was like 60-70 lbs.. Does work very well on the floor and side panels but it peeled off the roof on a hundred degree day and left a big mess