PDA

View Full Version : in the immortal words of Alice Cooper

ibmx2
10/03/2010, 08:03 AM
ITS 18 !!!!! AND I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5355/dsc01652k.jpg (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/dsc01652k.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

ibmx2
10/03/2010, 08:07 AM
More Pics to come

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5628/dsc01651tx.jpg (http://img685.imageshack.us/i/dsc01651tx.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Kona-Vs
10/03/2010, 10:29 AM
That's sweet! My 99 Ebony had 18900 on it when I got it last Dec now 29000 Don't let it stay a garage queen' enjoy it. You're one of the few people who get to drive a NEW VX :bwgy:

Marlin
10/03/2010, 10:32 AM
Let me have it for a few weeks, I will give it some character:cool:

VX KAT
10/03/2010, 10:39 AM
WOW! 18K!! What a garage queen! Your 975 mile hint and the Colorado plate obviously puts it from somewhere in CO.

vt_maverick
10/03/2010, 10:57 AM
NICE!!! Now it's time to update your profile (year/color/VIN) and start ordering upgrades! :D

Btw, don't let that Marlin guy within a hundred miles of her... she might end up with Herculiner racing stripes. :p

Mile High VX
10/03/2010, 03:20 PM
Very Nice indeed...never saw this one posted unless its the one from the collector we saw a few months ago...tell us the story!

Scott Larson
10/03/2010, 03:37 PM
Congratulations, that's almost too nice! (Is there really such a thing? Hmmmmm...)

Marlin
10/03/2010, 07:09 PM
Are those stars on the hood or some weird reflection...made me think of stupid old Texas (spongebob reference)

samneil2000
10/04/2010, 06:30 AM
Shiney!

vt_maverick
10/04/2010, 06:34 AM
So did you meet up with anybody on the way home?

ibmx2
10/04/2010, 12:16 PM
Very Nice indeed...never saw this one posted unless its the one from the collector we saw a few months ago...tell us the story!

yes this is the one story to follow !

Mile High VX
10/04/2010, 12:22 PM
yes this is the one story to follow !

Very nice Sir!

This is a great VX and I can't wait to hear the story...:yesb::yesgray::yesy::yeso:

VX KAT
10/04/2010, 05:26 PM
yes this is the one story to follow ! :_thinking:_thinking

Yer makin' us crazy boy! :_brickwal Would ya just give us the dang details!! ....er..um, I'm goin' call you a bad name and it has the word "tease" in it!! :p
You've been "home" for over 24 hrs, you're all caught up on sleep...what else could POSSIBLY be keeping you from posting the details??:laugho:

nocturnalVX
10/04/2010, 07:51 PM
:drool:

RickOKC
10/04/2010, 08:13 PM
....er..um, I'm goin' call you a bad name and it has the word "tease" in it!! :p
Well, I really want to know all the details too, so obviously you were going to call him a Rick tease. I think.

:p

ibmx2
10/04/2010, 09:50 PM
Okay okay.
I'm sorry for the delay

here's the gory details

Been seriously looking for the last 2 months.
Saw frogs, Dragon green with 24 on it and was already to do it. But I believe somebody here beat me to it.

I was lurking the forms and ran across these posts

1999 VX with 18,213 miles - DENVER
http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18052&highlight=ken+lewis

Lowest mileage VX
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=17962

Which got me thinking and kind of having some flights of fancy.
With nothing that was too nice, local. I started looking farther out for something nice with low mileage
(by the way. Thank you all for putting up with my multiple posts, panicked requests, for information and asking the most stupid and menial questions you're all instrumental in my acquisition of this. And are a wealth of knowledge and genuinely good people I thank you all for sharing in and encouraging this madness)

Missing the Dragon I was really bummed and was, thinking I was never going to put anything together to maybe even start looking for something little more normal. That same day that I found I missed the car my dad picked up a copy of Hemmings and told me about Ken's Vehicross and my reply to him was that I already knew about this one and it was way too expensive. He said call. So I did, and the negotiations began every night for several weeks on the phone, e-mails, pictures. Next day letters between Ken and I

I would like to think it was my great negotiating skills. And my tenacity that wore him down but in the end. I believe the Ken is just the last of a dying breed of really great guys and men of their word, a smoother and more pleasant car buying experience or any kind of purchasing experience for that matter. I don't think I will ever have

this man is just one really great guy
not only did he have a service done, oil change, new wipers, differential fluid front and rear, transfer case and last but certainly not least a brand-new battery. (All done at a isuzu dealer he said he wanted to do this so my dad and i had no trouble on the way home) , gave me a full tank of gas and insisted on paying for breakfast for me and my dad god i love this guy he was just too cool for words and very pleasant. Full of 78 years of car stories. I really enjoyed my short time in Denver with him

(Sorry to all of the VX family in Denver, and along the route, but we had to lickety-split to Chicago I dragged my poor 73-year-old father into my own personal hell. And he came along willingly love him to I would have loved to sit and chat all day with everybody but my wife. My mother and daughter and my dad wanted us to beat feet home)

so, after agreeing a price. I packed a gym bag with a change of clothes, My MP3 player, a LED flashlight ,300 weight polar fleece blanket, a handful of Excedrin migraine aspirin, plates from my car and a GPS. Then I booked 2 one-way tickets to Denver for me and my dad

I figure in the worst that could happen was that we would spend the day in Denver. And my wife would book our flights home

Needless to say, this did not happen as we happily drove home in the Vehicross, averaging about 18 miles per gallon with the speedo, never showing under 70 and most of the time at 80. Sometimes plus .It was a great ride and adventure. My dad didn't understand it at 1st, and was won over by the car. Even though I only let him drive 300 miles(I was very selfish. Sorry, Dad) of the of the 950 mile trip. He thought it was fairly peppy and good handling, loved the seats and seem to genuinely enjoy driving it , which is to say a lot, because he's had some pretty fast and excellent handling vehicles. And is also, what I would consider a authority on cars(he was a world champion hydroplane racer. Also, a two-time world champion car driver, and one-time national champ. Plus, raced motorcycles). He's not easily won over by your average grocery getter by the 1st on-ramp. He seemed to be enjoying being in the car, although tired(we were up for over 25 hours straight), his 1st time behind the wheel. He was having fun and chatting it up about the car and I must add that after about the 1st 10 miles. I was feeling pretty comfortable and confident in the car. It was an ease and pleasure to drive. the 14 hours behind the wheel seemed to be over so soon. And when I woke up in the morning. I had to go down to the garage just to make sure it all wasn't just some crazy dream. When I turned on the lights. There it was smiling at me with its toothy grin !!! and my wife who thought I was teetering on the brink of madness. Even loved it when she saw it
So there you have the whole story. Sorry so long winded

Questions and comments always welcome

VX KAT
10/04/2010, 10:04 PM
:thumbup::thumbup:

Mile High VX
10/05/2010, 04:42 AM
Great story...wait to see how your wife acts in a few months when you're still turning the light on to the see your VX and come back in with that smile...she will then know that you are surely obsessed.

vt_maverick
10/05/2010, 10:39 AM
Pics pics! And do those of us with website-blockage issues a favor and post them here. ;)

ibmx2
10/06/2010, 07:39 AM
Are those stars on the hood or some weird reflection...made me think of stupid old Texas (spongebob reference)

reflection from the texaco signs he had on wall