PDA

View Full Version : New England Meet - King Richard's Faire 2003

BBVX
09/03/2003, 05:40 PM
OK, here we go again.

You are all cordially invited to the 2nd annual King Richard's Faire / VehiCROSS meet in Carver, Mass.

http://www.kingrichardsfaire.net/general.html
http://www.kingrichardsfaire.net/main.html

We are looking at Saturday, September 27th, at 9AM.

Last year we met at "Mack & I's", which worked pretty well, so unless they've ripped it down, we'll do that again. It's an ice cream / burger joint. Mack & I's is on the same road as KRF (Rte 58). If your coming via Rte44 to Rte58e, Mack's is about 2 miles on your left, after the Rte44 & Rte58 intersections. If your coming via Rte58w, you'll pass KRF (on your left) and keep going on Rte58 for about 2 1/2 miles, Mack's is on your right.

We can hang out, check out mods, or help install some if need be. Head over to the Faire for a few hours, and come back for ice cream. Sound good??

And TDAWG, I promise it will be warmer than our last meet! :D

So who's in??

Brian

VXMAN
09/04/2003, 11:44 AM
Brian, you beat me to the post! Good job. I'm in. Even though I live in Carver, I've actually never been to the KRF. Guess I just figured since I live here, I can go anytime? I'll go this year. Not sure about the wife. She & the girls went on Free Carver day, while I was busy working at the TPC Golf Tounry in Norton. I know Ray & his wife are planning on going too. So, that's at least 3 so far...
Let's go people. Scott, TDawg, Yefim and everyone else...
:D

Dave...

stingraeza
09/04/2003, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a great time, can't wait to meet up with everyone again. Let's keep those names coming.

Ray

Yefim
09/04/2003, 01:04 PM
I am about to close and move into my new house so I am hoping that nothing house related will get on the way. Moving into a new house is always a lot of work but I am hoping I can make it. Would be great to see everyone!

Btw, Brian, did you close yours yet?? :)

ScottinMA
09/04/2003, 05:24 PM
It's on my planner!

Scott

valenki
09/05/2003, 11:31 AM
HEy Brian it's Val

I will definately go, it would be nice to follow it up with some off roading! Just let me know what time on thr 9'th

Andrey
09/05/2003, 04:07 PM
see ya all there !

AndyC
09/05/2003, 06:30 PM
Count me in too :p

TDAWG
09/07/2003, 08:55 AM
Hey Brian,
It's a go for me aswell. :yes:Finally I'll get see and meet some of the other VX'ers that didn't make it to the other meet. we'll finally get to hangout and maybe this time get a bigger line up than the Mohegan Sun meet.:thumbup:

BBVX
09/09/2003, 05:35 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted, as Yefim mentioned we bought a house and have been running around trying to get it ready for occupants.

Yefim - Yep, closed on the house, moving in this weekend

Val - time is 9am on the 27th
I don't know about any offroading, unless Dave wants to let us tear up his back yard. :) I know Scott and TDAWG have also expressed their interest in trying some offroading. I'm in a 4x4 club that goes out 1-2 times a month, after this house thing slows down, I'll get you guys out on a trail run with us. It really is a blast!!

TDAWG - I'm not sure about beating the Mohegan Sun group. There were 12 of us, and we only have 9 so far, and that's if everyone can make it. Things always come up last minute, you know how it is. :)

Maybe we can round up some more.
VehiX ??
GRNXR ??
DAVER ??

You guys out there?? Road trip?? Anyone from the NYC chapter??
Well, it will be fun no matter how many there are.

Brian

VehiX
09/09/2003, 05:52 PM
I'll be there ;Dy;

Sorry for the late reply, I have been in HAWAII for the past two weeks :cool:

See you all soon!!!

BBVX
09/12/2003, 06:22 PM
We are moving tomorrow so I will be offline for probably a week.

My new cell is (617) - 224 - 6451.

I should be back online before the meet, but if I'm not, we'll see you there!!! :D

Brian

TDAWG
09/12/2003, 07:09 PM
Hey Brian,
I am there with bells and strobes. We're looking forward to seeing you, Dave and the ladies again. it gonna be a blast. If anyone is coming up from Ct or NY let me know maybe we could do a caravan up. Hey brian just to let you know it will be the 1st time we go up to Carver. Hope we don't get lost. LOL

VXMAN
09/18/2003, 12:02 PM
Sorry people, I won't be able to make this year's KRF meet. Work requires me to take a trip to London on that Saturday! So, I guess I'll really be at the ENGLAND Meet, just all by myself and no VX! I hope someone takes a lot of pictures, please. Brian: Last year we met at "Mack & I's", which worked pretty well, so unless they've ripped it down, we'll do that again. It's an ice cream / burger joint. Mack & I's is on the same road as KRF (Rte 58). If your coming via Rte44 to Rte58e, Mack's is about 2 miles on your left, after the Rte44 & Rte58 intersections. If your coming via Rte58w, you'll pass KRF (on your left) and keep going on Rte58 for about 2 1/2 miles, Mack's is on your right.
Mack & I's is still there, but they are closed down and the sign / name is now covered in white paint. So, everyone can still meet at this location, but it's just an empty parking lot and empty buildings now.

See everyone again at the next New England meet...
:D
Dave...

stingraeza
09/18/2003, 12:06 PM
I am also the bearer of my own disappointing bad news. I will not be able to make the meet. I hope you guys and gals have a blast and I'll anxiously wait till next year to see some old and new faces.

Ray

Bantan
09/18/2003, 01:38 PM
Got tickets to take My Crew (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2174&papass=&sort=4) to WWE "Up Close & Uncensored" this Saturday at MSG, so I won't be able to take Next Saturday off from work. I know I could be a rebel sometimes but I don't wanna rock the craddle too much. Wish could go.
:waag:

VehiX
09/18/2003, 05:17 PM
It's getting closer now :)

What's the confirmed total of VX's showing up?

I can't wait !!! ;Do;

TDAWG
09/18/2003, 05:29 PM
Well Vehix,
I can only speak for me and the wifey. I got next Saturday off so we're a go!!!!!!!:bwgy: :yesy: :bwgy: To bad about VXMAN(Dave) & Mercer (BANTAN) I really had a blast last time with you 2. Hope to see you at the next meet guys. To all New Englanders I say we try to meet again before the cold weather at Foxwoods around October before it gets really cold again LOL.

BBVX
09/21/2003, 10:29 AM
So far??

BBVX
Yefim
ScottinMA
Valenki
Andrey
AndyC
TDAWG
VehiX

Not too bad.;Dr;

Brian

VehiX
09/21/2003, 11:47 AM
What about WyrreJ?

His profile indicates he is from Nashua N.H :)

WyrreJ, If you want to go, maybe we can caravan down to the meet?

The more the merrier! ;Dy;

WyrreJ
09/21/2003, 12:25 PM
I've been thinking about it more, but I don't get up by 9AM even for work during the week, and saturdays, I'm usually going to bed at about 6AM. I might show though, depends on how the week goes. PS, Vehix I believe we have a friend in common, I work with Mr. Loukides.

VehiX
09/22/2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
I've been thinking about it more, but I don't get up by 9AM even for work during the week, and saturdays, I'm usually going to bed at about 6AM. I might show though, depends on how the week goes. PS, Vehix I believe we have a friend in common, I work with Mr. Loukides.

Are you the guy that bought the VX off of Jessejames? He often mentions a dude he works with that bought a VX :)

You should come to the meet! I am not going in to KRF but I will be attending the VX meet ;Dy;

They don't happen often so it would be a shame to be so close and not go :(

Think about it. My e-mail is in my profile or you can grab it from Jeremy.

Later

Andrey
09/23/2003, 05:30 PM
Hey gang, will there be anybody who is supercharged ? I just wanted to see the install and feel the POWER :p

upsi....

valenki
09/23/2003, 06:23 PM
I wish my components for the DVD/GPSwould get here on time, then I could shre with the other guys my experience with it. It doesn't look good so far.

But the Idea of a supercharger had been bogling my mind for a while. I would get it but my only concern is the MPG effect and the reliability issue. :confused: :mad:

VehiX
09/23/2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Andrey
upsi... now I see vehix is supercharged, so it is interesting to chat with him a bit.

WHAT!!!

You mean to tell me someone stole my VX and put a super charger in it :rollo2:

As much as I wish that where the case :naughty:

I think you may have my "member title by post count" confused with actually having a super charger installed !

Sorry...wish I could say I have a super charger in my VX :noy:

TDAWG
09/24/2003, 07:17 AM
I believe ScottinMA has a "SUPER CHARGER" in His VX. It will be good to ask him all questions about it. Just 3 more days til the fun.

Bantan
09/24/2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by TDAWG
I believe ScottinMA has a "SUPER CHARGER" in His VX. It will be good to ask him all questions about it. Just 3 more days til the fun.

He also installs them.

Andrey
09/24/2003, 05:19 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++
upsi 2... my bad... misread your "title"

Andrey
09/24/2003, 05:22 PM
Val, I'll bring my GPS but it is simpler setup (Sony PCG-652L, Travroute Copilot 2002) works like a charm !

ThirtyftFL
09/25/2003, 07:18 AM
Hey guys I'll be there. How far is Raynham from the fair? Thats where we got that hotel. Brian, we should do Paragon again before the snow hits.

See you there,
Dave

BBVX
09/25/2003, 01:20 PM
I have to say VehiX, I misunderstood your title as well. :)

Dave, that's awesome! You're going to be in Raynham?? Next to Foxboro?? That's about 20 minutes from King Richards! Very Cool!
I would definitely like to get back to Paragon this year but don't think I'll be able to afford it, I just got the hotel bill from last time. OUCH!!!

So that makes 9, WyrreJ would be 10! I hope everyone can still make it.

Two more days!!!!:D

Brian

Yefim
09/26/2003, 07:13 PM
Boooo.... I can't make it .... :waab: between the new house errands and family things looks like weekend is the only time when I can actually get anything done. Sorry guys and gals but I won't see you all this Saturday. Upset cause I was really looking forward to it. Next time...

Have fun!

AndyC
09/27/2003, 08:53 AM
Had some things come up this morning and since it's almost 12 I'm going to have to pass. 3+ hours to get there and it's almost over plus I have to drive home. Hope you guys are having a good time. I'll be sure to make the next one :( The weather was rainy here until a short time ago.

VehiX
09/27/2003, 12:53 PM
Hey there everyone. Pics are online and ready for viewing.

It was nice to see you all again. :)

Enjoy!!!

Go here for the pics: http://home.comcast.net/~vehicross1/vxmeet1.html

http://home.comcast.net/~vehicross1/DSC00293.JPG

ScottinMA
09/27/2003, 03:01 PM
Wow that was fast! Thanks for posting those pics. Just got home from KRF and what a treat to see these pics. Thanks to Brian (BBVX) for setting up the event :) My boy enjoys this stuff soooo much! We had a great time. Loved the Liger (you had to be there). Oh and a plug for SC installs...should you wish to take the plunge I have the man to do the install for you. Send me an email if interested.

Scott

TDAWG
09/27/2003, 03:09 PM
Hey Scott,
I agree had a blast. Me and Ana were stunned of how excited your boy was about being at the meet. Usually the younger folk don't really like hang'n out with the older folk but I have to say your kid acted like a real VX'er. He made me feel bad that I didn't wash or wax my baby before the meet. I felt unworthy of having my VX. He will one day be a great VX'er. When he gets ready to take his licesne and needs a VX let him know that I would be more than Happy to lend him mine.

Andrey
09/27/2003, 03:33 PM
Hey gang,

We had a blast. Thanks to ya ALL and Brian for the awesome meet.

Lets do that again some time soon

Andrey and Aleksandra

ScottinMA
09/27/2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by TDAWG
Hey Scott,
I agree had a blast. Me and Ana were stunned of how excited your boy was about being at the meet. Usually the younger folk don't really like hang'n out with the older folk but I have to say your kid acted like a real VX'er. He made me feel bad that I didn't wash or wax my baby before the meet. I felt unworthy of having my VX. He will one day be a great VX'er. When he gets ready to take his licesne and needs a VX let him know that I would be more than Happy to lend him mine.

Tony,

Thanks for your thoughts. I let him read your post so he gets the idea that being a good kid pays dividends!! He was very grateful for your kind words.

Scott

Daver
09/27/2003, 07:03 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it guys. Had a family thing in CT today.

I was thinking of y'all, though, as I passed a Ebony VX on I-495 South in Marlborough around 10am this morning...maybe one of you?

-Daver

Scrapin 240
09/28/2003, 05:55 PM
looked like fun, but it was just slightly out of range for me this weekend.

But you still can't do it like IFX/VX NY Meets. :p SO NE you have some work to do, but it looked like Fun anyways.:cool:

VXMAN
09/29/2003, 12:33 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it all. Business has me sitting in London as we speak. Dam shame too. The KRF meet is just 3 miles from my house! :mad: We will have to plan a BBQ sometime. Sounds like a great idea.

Dave...