PDA

View Full Version : C'mon... Does Barbie REEEALLY drive a Jeep?

RickOKC
10/01/2010, 03:16 PM
Well... I didn't actually see the driver...

http://members.cox.net/radamsokc/BarbieJeep.jpg

ZEUS
10/01/2010, 03:30 PM
Fail!

vt_maverick
10/01/2010, 03:33 PM
VX_KAT's long lost cousin perhaps? :confused:

Ascinder
10/01/2010, 03:46 PM
Fail!
You mean WIN!!! Finally some real world proof that Jeeps are for girly girly girly girls :yes: LOL, we still respect you Justin, even if one day that Jeep makes you wheel in a dress:bwgy:

Stephen Biko
10/01/2010, 04:31 PM
Not a Barbie - Stacy...

http://www.okjeepthing.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=412

Scott Larson
10/01/2010, 04:31 PM
Hey now, I have a '90 Jeep Wrangler that I love to beat on, never wash and rarely talk nice to. It saves my VX from that abuse and because it's the same color (Proton Yellow), it looks good doing it and goes really fast (As do ALL Proton VXs!!) I do have to admit though, it gets a little jealous of the VXs preferential treatment...(You know, garaged, washed, taken out to dinner, etc...)

RickOKC
10/01/2010, 05:16 PM
DOH! Sorry, all - I really didn't mean any offense. It's just not every day you see a bubblegum pink vehicle, much less a Jeep. Just tryin' make the funny. :slap:

Ldub
10/01/2010, 06:12 PM
DOH! Sorry, all - I really didn't mean any offense. It's just not every day you see a bubblegum pink vehicle, much less a Jeep. Just tryin' make the funny. :slap:

I'm guessin' "BG 1980" stands for Barbie Girl 1980.

RickOKC
10/01/2010, 06:48 PM
I'm guessin' "BG 1980" stands for Barbie Girl 1980.
Yeah, but it could also also stand for Bavarian Goalie (who weighs 198.0 lbs.) There's a fair chance some hockey hooligan may squish my head like a grape before the end of the month. :freek:

Scott Larson
10/01/2010, 08:30 PM

No offense taken ROKC. (Hey, that sounds like "Roxie"!) I was kinda thinkin' it looked like someone got sick on Pepto-Bismol!! LOL...:bgwo:

VXR
10/01/2010, 09:12 PM
Fail!

so you drive a jeep:confused:

VX KAT
10/02/2010, 12:14 AM
so you drive a jeep:confused:

Where you been VXR? We've been beatin' on him for a coupla months now, you've missed all that fun? Time to join in! Not only does he have a Jeep, he sold his VX :freek: :laugho: Sorry Justin, I guess I just got out all my pent up rage over you sellin' the VX....:goof:

And no, vt mav, even I wouldn't drive a pink truck! (Pink CB antenna and whip, yes, rig...no!) .....now that Chip Foose custom magenta VX...I'd love that one....:drool2::drool2:....that's not "regular" pink.....that's Chip Foose magenta!

ZEUS
10/03/2010, 04:55 PM
Where you been VXR? We've been beatin' on him for a coupla months now, you've missed all that fun? Time to join in! Not only does he have a Jeep, he sold his VX :freek: :laugho: Sorry Justin, I guess I just got out all my pent up rage over you sellin' the VX....:goof:

And no, vt mav, even I wouldn't drive a pink truck! (Pink CB antenna and whip, yes, rig...no!) .....now that Chip Foose custom magenta VX...I'd love that one....:drool2::drool2:....that's not "regular" pink.....that's Chip Foose magenta!
Well I've been miserable ever since I sold 'ol Zeus! Thanks for rubbin it in! :mad: :p So not only do I drive a Jeep... but I have that Jeep Thing and it burns when I pee!

Scott Larson
10/03/2010, 05:34 PM
Tmfi!!!!!

technocoy
10/03/2010, 06:55 PM

WAIT! HOLD UP! Either I'm missing out on a joke or did I not see a Chip Foose VX? I googled it and saw nothing. I need more info please!!!!

Funny pink Jeep is Pink. HAHAAHHAHAH!

VX KAT
10/03/2010, 07:19 PM
WAIT! HOLD UP! Either I'm missing out on a joke or did I not see a Chip Foose VX? I googled it and saw nothing. I need more info please!!!!

Here ya go!
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=205940&postcount=16

VXR
10/04/2010, 04:23 AM
Here ya go!
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=205940&postcount=16

Is that the only pic we have:confused:

etlsport
10/04/2010, 06:27 AM
Wonder where that vx ended up. Got stopped the other day by a guy who said a few months back he got passed by a purple VX. I assumed he meant a foxfire, but hmm

VX KAT
10/04/2010, 10:03 AM
Is that the only pic we have:confused:
That was the only one in the CL posting IIRC, which I see has now expired. Yesterday it was still active, and I recall it mentioned quite a few problems with the truck.

circmand
10/04/2010, 10:57 AM

The claim is for a Foose paint job. I wonder about that as he does do paint designs I never saw a one color design

samneil2000
10/04/2010, 12:42 PM
At most, I would think it's a color he designed with one of the paint companies. He would probably use it with several other colors though. Well, I guess the cladding counts as another color, almost black dark gray... haha

WormGod
10/05/2010, 07:23 AM
I saw that Jeep the other day. This guy was driving it....

http://images2.boxwish.com/profile_images/blog/1923/feature_00934_top_three_flamboyant_fashionistas_in _movies_1.jpg

He was following these guys....

http://www.gifshare.com/uploads/images/20071024/full_size/7927_zoolander.gif

Cobrajet
10/10/2010, 07:10 PM
BG1980 is apparently a member of the OKJeepThing (http://www.okjeepthing.com/index.php) Jeep club. I'm not registered, and didn't do a search to find that particular jeep, but it makes sense.

Luna X
10/11/2010, 09:21 AM
The claim is for a Foose paint job. I wonder about that as he does do paint designs I never saw a one color design

I don't know why someone tried to call it a Chip Foose paint color... I painted that exact color on some pieces for my buddy's truck, and that was over 20 years ago.
It's just a tri-coat color, Meaning... base silver, transparent mid-coat, then clearcoat.

vt_maverick
10/11/2010, 10:54 AM
I don't know why someone tried to call it a Chip Foose paint color... I painted that exact color on some pieces for my buddy's truck, and that was over 20 years ago.
It's just a tri-coat color, Meaning... base silver, transparent mid-coat, then clearcoat.

Who knows, the whole ad seemed pretty sketch to me. Maybe I will try to contact him if he reposts the ad. I think the CF reference is probably just advertising schtick by the seller, who probably assumes that most people have never heard of the VX, let alone a high-end auto customizer. On the other hand celebs hock merchandise all the time that they're not in anyone involved with, that could be the case too.