PDA

View Full Version : Still need help

DeafVX
09/03/2003, 04:10 AM
I checked the fuses near the drivers side door (new head unit is not working and all the connections in the wire harness are good. The ground is connected throught the harness. Since the old head unit was grounded that way...shouldn't it be okay for the new unit to be the same?
I do not have any "map" for the interior fuse box. The dealer had to order the dorr when I bought the VX so maybe the new one I have is missing it. Please jelp as to which fuse is used by the head unit. And if any other ideas on how to finx my problem.
Thanks!

Raque Thomas
09/03/2003, 05:01 AM
There are actually two fuses for audio listed on my panel door: Looking at your fuse panel at the side of the dash - the 1st fuse for the radio is in the second row from the front of the car. It is the 15 amp fuse at the bottom of the row (however it is not the bottom slot - there is an empty slot at the bottom). The other fuse is in the second row closest to the interior of the car (ie, not the row closest to the interior, the one right behind that). It is a 15 amp fuse in the slot one up from the bottom (and there is a fuse in the bottom slot on this row). That seems the most likely problem - if you didn't disconnect the battery when installing the radio, you could have easily blown a fuse in the process. Good luck!