PDA

View Full Version : Hey all...

raver_boi_88
09/17/2010, 08:22 AM
Hey all I havent been on in quite some time because I sold my vx. But I just recently bought another one. I wanted to make it a trail rig, something driveable on the street but good enough to get around on some back roads. I remember how capable my old one was. I drive a 99 white ironman edition vx. So far I have added a 3" calmini lift, rsx9000 shocks, and 33s and I want to do more but I cant seem to find any vendors. I was hoping maybe someone could help me out with this. I am looking for things like, a safari roof rack, winch bumper or maybe just a front hitch that could handle a winch. I have a warn 9.5 ti that I saved when I sold my jeep. some rock sliders and maybe an alpine sc in the near future.
ty
phil

vt_maverick
09/17/2010, 08:45 AM
Where do you plan to get the S/C?

Marlin
09/17/2010, 08:45 AM
For rack, I would recommend the rage brand, they have various sizes and models based on what you like. Can be found on Ebay, 100ish
Sliders-rocky road or can buy some generics and fit em to yours. There is another brand that are weld on, Billy has em (triathelete, I think they were stricnine (Spelling) or something like that)
Winch bumper, you are on your own, no aftermarket produced.
Skid plates, maybe Kilby if they are still available
Tie rods and whatnot, Indy4x.
Good luck, especially on the S/C.

raver_boi_88
09/17/2010, 02:46 PM
thank you for the help, I have been talking to a guy who works at warn, hes gonna tear the front end of my vehicross down and see what he can do. As for the skid plates I ordered them last night from kilby. Thank you for your input

Triathlete
09/17/2010, 03:02 PM
My sliders are Stric9, but probably won't be able to get them any more. It was a side gig for the guy and his "real" job and family don't allow him any free time any more.

raver_boi_88
09/18/2010, 01:00 PM
Ive decided I am just goin to fab my sliders, my buddy has a tube bender and I am fairly good at welding so I am gonna take a crack at it...

Mile High VX
09/18/2010, 04:47 PM
I've got some custom slides on mine up here in Castle Rock...let me know if you need some pics and measurements.

Or take a short 40 minute drive and meet a fellow CO VX'er.

H3_VX
09/18/2010, 06:04 PM
Pics of the 3" Calmini Lift? :yesb: