PDA

View Full Version : Took my VX to a car show..

SouthJ1
09/16/2010, 08:50 PM
I took my VX to a car show out here in memphis,tn. I could not get 10ft away from it without getting a question from someone like "what is that thing?" or "wow is that a fluffy jeep?". I love this VX only had it for a month and well it's really a chick magnet around here because I had girls coming up to me all night asking me about it and asking for me to take em for a ride. Of course at the beginning I had a huge Jeep park next to me and he looks at me and says "that's cute" so I said "yea, and barbie drove a Jeep...". I took a picture after the Jeep left... I still need to make this thing less stock. I wish some guys from Memphis could meet me out here at this car show one thursday. Would be nice to have a little mini meet.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x75/SouthavenJosh/2e716d0d.jpg

VXorado
09/17/2010, 12:34 AM
Nice, looks fun. That reminds me of when Mark (Mshardeman) went to a car show.... :laughing:. I think he had a similar experience with being outsized.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/4x4_Show_29.JPG

vt_maverick
09/17/2010, 07:21 AM
Nice, looks fun. That reminds me of when Mark (Mshardeman) went to a car show.... :laughing:. I think he had a similar experience with being outsized.

Well I wouldn't feel bad if I was Mark. I don't think Isuzu designed the VX to be converted to a redneck/hillbilly-mobile.

samneil2000
09/17/2010, 07:48 AM
Sorry I didn't make it out last night. I've just been slammed with stuff lately.
How much longer will these go on, and how big is it? Looks pretty cool, and I know where that is. I used to frequent that Panda joint, but it's not very good any more...

Anyways, I will try to make it out next Thursday, and I'll see if I can convince Ty to show up as well.

SouthJ1
09/17/2010, 08:37 AM
It goes on every thursday throughout the entire year I'll save you a spot next to me next week just let me know if I need to save 2. It's a pretty big show usually.

MSHardeman
09/17/2010, 08:45 AM
Yea, it's just amazing to see how big "full sized" really is. I always thought that my VX was fairly "chunky" until I got put between those two behemoths at the 4x show. I had a different experience from SouthJ1, though. NOBODY even looked at the VX, much less asked about it. Maybe nobody saw it, or maybe it just wasn't red neck-y enough....plus it weren't 'Merican made.

SouthJ1, way to represent. I used to live in Memphis and I really miss that town (not the heat, though). Wish I were closer so we could get a good showing of VX's. Hopefully more of the Tennessee family will show up next time.

SouthJ1
09/17/2010, 09:14 AM
Well dude, the show is every thursday and I'm gonna be there every thursday making fun of jeeps. It's a great time, maybe someday I'll see plenty of vxs at the show

Triathlete
09/17/2010, 02:57 PM
. I think he had a similar experience with being outsized.

Oh man, I hope we are still talking about cars!;eeky;:bwgy:

SouthJ1
09/17/2010, 03:00 PM
oh god triathlete. That is just messed up....

VRox
09/18/2010, 08:02 AM
We all know the "cute" VX can match up to any giant 4WD out there. If anyone in Denver plans to hit a car show, let me know. Would love to join even if I am a stock gal!

SouthJ1
09/18/2010, 01:36 PM
This summer I'm supposed to be heading out to Colorado to visit my brother maybe I'll hit one up with you while I'm out there.

Y33TREKker
09/18/2010, 03:20 PM
...Of course at the beginning I had a huge Jeep park next to me and he looks at me and says "that's cute" so I said "yea, and barbie drove a Jeep..."
Nice one. ;)

I know it'd piss off a TON of people where I live, but after seeing the picture posted elsewhere on this site of the Unimog, it's crossed my mind a few times to get that same sticker for the VX that reads,

"I like Jeeps.....they taste like chicken."

:smilewink

Mile High VX
09/18/2010, 04:44 PM
Nice one. ;)

I know it'd piss off a TON of people where I live, but after seeing the picture posted elsewhere on this site of the Unimog, it's crossed my mind a few times to get that same sticker for the VX that reads,

"I like Jeeps.....they taste like chicken."

:smilewink

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/img035.jpg

Gotta' love it.

SouthJ1
09/18/2010, 06:44 PM
I want that sticker xD