PDA

View Full Version : I Buy The Vehicross Bur Never Send The Title

MMOROLEON
09/14/2010, 04:10 PM
Ok. This Is The History I Buy The Vehicross In Austin Tx. And I Live In Chicago So I Take A Flight To Austin Tx. So When I Met The Lady That Sold The Vehicross She Told Me That She Dont Have The Title, Because She Still Own Money To The Bank.. And That The Nex Day She Is Going To Pague Full Money And She Will Sendme The Title By The Mail.. And I Just Trust To Her She Looke Like Honest Person Bur She Never Sendme The Title And I Call To Her Phone And She Sendme To The Voice Mail And Send Email And Answer.... And I Tink She Move To New York.. And Now What Should I Do Now I... And This 5 Months A Go.. If Someone Have The Carfax To Check My Vin Number I Will Apreciated Tanks Or Any Advice Tanks...

nfpgasmask
09/14/2010, 04:30 PM
No offense, but you should never buy a car from someone without title in hand. I hope you get it worked out. Sounds like the seller took your money, defaulted on her loan, and ran. Basically, your VX is probably on some repo list somewhere. Wow, sounds like you're kinda screwed. Not sure what you can do. In the eyes of the DMV, you basically have a stolen car. If I was you, I would contact the police and see what they can tell you. Might not get anywhere, but that's where I would start. Worst case, you might get lucky and be able to do some sort of salvage title, but honestly, this doesn't sound good. Sorry.

Bart

RamAirZ
09/14/2010, 04:50 PM
Maybe look into a friend with a tow company or a mechanic's shop and get a lien put on it? Ya I would never buy a vehicle without a title, a buddy of mine bought a Montero for parts without one and we got lucky that we could sell it to someone who was gonna use it for mud bogging only, otherwise we'd be stuck with a vehicle we couldn't do anything with

Hotsauce
09/14/2010, 05:05 PM
And you were able to register a car without a title?

Do you at least have a bill of sale?

John C.

MMOROLEON
09/14/2010, 05:24 PM
I Have A Letter Signed From Her... But I Dont Tink The I Can Do Somting Whit Tha Pice Of Paper........ And No The Car Still Register On Her Name Whit Her Licens Plates.... But She Realy Look Like Nice Person And I Was So Stuped To Trust On Her.... And Now I Have The Vehicross Stock In The Garage

nfpgasmask
09/14/2010, 06:49 PM
Bill of sale is pretty much useless. That is really only used to prove the price paid for the vehicle. I mean, sure, anything will help you at this point, but a bill of sale alone will not get a car registered right. Do you have her full name? Drivers License number? You need to report a fraudulent transaction to the police. I don't know what else you could do. The title is the MOST IMPORTANT part of a person to person car sale. No title, no deal.

I hope you didn't pay a lot for this VX!!! Good luck!

Vart

nfpgasmask
09/14/2010, 06:50 PM
Just had an idea, post the VIN number on here or look it up yourself at the top and see if the previous owner was a member on here. Maybe someone here knows the person and can help.

Bart

MMOROLEON
09/14/2010, 07:14 PM
OK THIS IS THE VIN NUMBER JACCN57X617D01297 AND HER NAME IS TRACI GOUDIE SHE IS A PHOTOGRAPHER Apparently it IS POPULAR....HER STUDY IS IN AUSTIN TX.

MMOROLEON
09/14/2010, 07:21 PM
THIS IS THE CHICK http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A76109

stangri
09/14/2010, 07:51 PM
I ran the autocheck, please PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward results to you. The car has been titled 3 times, all times it was a lien title.

Last title: 05/01/2009 AUSTIN, TX
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

If you have a notarized note that she has received payment in full and is obligated to send you the title you might be OK. I've also heard that sometimes DMVs can mail the title directly to the out of state buyer.

Riff Raff
09/14/2010, 08:22 PM
I just did an internet search for "Traci Goudie". She is on FACEBOOK. In addition, I queried her name on www.411.com (one of my favorite P.I. sites) and it shows she's from Austin, TX and there is also a "T. Goudie" that resides in Virginia. From the www.411.com website, it appears her original birthname (maiden last name) is "Campbell" with multiple relatives listed. It shouldn't be too hard to track her down via an acqaintance or relative ("Campbell"). Visit your local DMV/DOL, and ask for their advice in how to procede (afterall, they have the Gov't computer for motor vehicles). You might also contact the State of Texas DMV/DOL as well at their website.

Lastly, the best way to buy a vehicle "long distance" is via www.Escrow.com. The Seller doesn't get any money until everything checks-out (including Title transfer). I bought my VX long distance from eBay and had it shipped to me via transport carrier (Dependable Auto Shippers, aka D.A.S.), and used www.Escrow.com as the monetary conduit. Total peace of mind, no stress, and no way to ever get ripped-off.

:luck:

MMOROLEON
09/15/2010, 06:59 AM
OK. STANGRI THIS IS MY EMAIL... MMOROLEON@HOTMAIL.COM TANKS. AND YES RIFF RAFF SHE LIVES IN ASTIN TEXAS AND I KNOW WHERE SHE LIVES BUT I TINK SHE MOVE TO NEW YORK.. AND TANKS FOR YOU ADVICE I HOPE I CAN DO SOMTING..

Marlin
09/15/2010, 07:27 AM
grrr, I hope it works out for you, but with you texting in your posts, its a bit disturbing to read, one, because it sounds like you got ripped off, and two, I CAN'T READ YOUR TEXT SPEAK!

circmand
09/15/2010, 07:52 AM
who wrote that story they may still have contact. Also as an artist or what ever she classifys herself as she is bound to show up. Also Austin police may help if you file a report as selling a vehicle and not supplying the paperwork is illegal.

Also you seem to have left your caplock on. I would turn it off. Leaving it on for every post makes reading it difficult.

MMOROLEON
09/15/2010, 09:13 AM
ok. tanks guys i will turn it off... and tanks... for you time

VX KAT
09/15/2010, 10:25 AM
1) I realize the letter isn't the proper legal document but maybe if you write a letter to the TEXAS DMV, include copy of letter, maybe you could apply for a "Lost Title"??
When they look it up they'll see it's in her name, and you have the "letter from her". They'll never give you a duplicate title based on the letter, but ask if they can somehow send a letter to the registered owner? I realize this is all highly unlikely, but maybe if you try to get the sympathy of a DMV person in Texas, somehow they can "help".
I'm guessing English isn't you're first language and you may be foreign-born based on your spelling etc, use that for extra sympathy.

If she gets a letter from a DMV person maybe it'll scare her straight?

2) Another idea, as a last option to try......it may be time to get a bit ugly...:flame2::flame2:.
~Try to contact her by any means you can (email, phone, letter etc...if you haven't already) if no response....

3) ~TRY to write on her Facebook wall (if her settings allow it). Use ALL CAPS to say your message! Fill in the amount you paid for the VX.
"TRACI GOUDIE RIPPED ME OFF! I PAID HER CASH $XXXX FOR HER ISUZU VEHICROSS 5 MONTHS AGO- SHE WON'T SEND ME TITLE TO CAR". Write several of these type messages in a row before she changes her settings to block it.

4) Also, (if her settings allow this) FB allows you to send a message(email) to a "friend" of the person so send a message to as many of her "friends" in FACEBOOK as you can. I'm guessing some of her friends will remember the car and might ask her about it.

Sure you might get banned from Facebook doing this but who cares? You've got a VX you can't drive and you're out $XXXX dollars.

5) ~Since she's some type of graphic artist and gets some media attention, start writing letters to the editor of "The Austin Chronicle". The article was 10 yrs old you posted so it's unlikely they'll post it. See if there's any way to post an online editorial. :_confused

OK, that's my devious, evil thoughts for the day ........:evil:

Marlin
09/15/2010, 01:00 PM
1)
I'm guessing English isn't you're first language and you may be foreign-born based on your spelling etc, use that for extra sympathy.

:

Ummm, with today's political climate, I think that would be more of a hindrance than a help.

deermagnet
09/15/2010, 01:33 PM
Here's how you apply for a lost title in Texas-
http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/titles/lost_title.htm (http://www.txdmv.gov/vehicles/titles/lost_title.htm)

You made a huge mistake. Now you have to try to get the title. Without it, you don't own the VX and you can't do much with it, except sell all the parts to try to get back what you payed for it, and then buy another one. If there's a lien on it that could get you in trouble 'cuz you didn't own the vehicle you parted out and sold.

If it was me, I would contact the Texas DMV first to try to find out if there's still a lien on it and who it is. Maybe she actually paid off the loan. If not, contact the lien holder using a phone not traceable to you. If the loan is in default and they find out who you are, they'll have a repo man at your door within hours and you can't stop them 'cuz you don't own the VX, no matter how much money you gave that girl.

Maybe the amount still owed on the loan is only ~$2000. You could get the title by paying off her loan. It sucks that you would have to pay more money, but you made a huge mistake and you have to pay for that mistake. Your only other option if she defaulted on the loan is to sue her, which is no doubt a lengthy nightmare.

Again, I would try to find out if there's a lien on it and who has the title and how much is owed. Then decide if it's worth it to buy the title in addition to buying the VX. It sucks, but you got yourself in this mess.

Mark Griffin

deermagnet
09/15/2010, 02:07 PM
I was just thinking some more, I know that's dangerous. It seems odd that this well known professional would take your money and not pay off a loan in her name, ruining her credit and having the lien holder hounding her day and night to hand over the VX. Is she that desperate that she would basically steal money and do something probably illegal? Maybe she payed off the loan and never got the title and doesn't care 'cuz she's free of it? Maybe the title was in someone else's name (an ex-something) and she's not liable? It doesn't seem like she fits the profile of someone who would do this, but ya never know about people.

That's why you need to contact the Texas DMV to find out who has the title. Explain to them what happened, but be wary. If you give them your name and number, they may be obligated to tell the lien holder who you are and that you have their VX. It's a sticky situation for sure.

Mark

MMOROLEON
09/15/2010, 04:05 PM
yes i make a big mistake, before i buy the vehicros i buy a atv 2008 thundercat 1000 and the guy dont have the title, and he said the he would send it by mail and the next day havet in my mail box.... so i was tinking that this woman will do the same... but you neve know..... i trust in people and was tinkig the she was a good and honest person, but i tink i was wrong... and sorry for my english i have 3 monts in the school but y will do better nes time..

VX KAT
09/15/2010, 05:02 PM
and sorry for my english i have 3 monts in the school but y will do better nes time..
It was not a criticism at all, just an observation. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to learn a new language that must be used everyday, both oral and written, so I give you much respect for trying! :thumbup:

Marlin- I agree, it sure could go the other way, but thought it would be worth a try for sympathy (and I'm an eternal optimist anyway).

Deermagnet...as usual, excellent ideas! I agree, she doesn't "seem" the type, maybe she's just a flake and forgot to send it,...ya know how those creative artsy types are....:goof:

It's a tough situation for sure, hope it works out.

Hotsauce
09/15/2010, 06:31 PM
If the car is still in her name, she is also responsible for any parking tickets it receives.

If you get no response I would park the car illegally in several places, and get some parking tickets. This will not only get her attention, if they go unpaid they will result in a bench warrent.

John C.

Ebenezr
09/15/2010, 06:57 PM
Ha ha ha Hotsauce I like that Idea. Maybe the new owner could hold a store or something too and make camera catch the plate...Ha ha ha ha.

ibmx2
09/15/2010, 08:09 PM
If the car is still in her name, she is also responsible for any parking tickets it receives.

If you get no response I would park the car illegally in several places, and get some parking tickets. This will not only get her attention, if they go unpaid they will result in a bench warrent.

John C.

I love deviant S**t like that!

tom4bren
09/16/2010, 05:26 AM

John C.

I like the idea but be careful with that one though. If the VX gets towed, you'll have absolutely no way of ever getting it back.

Marlin
09/16/2010, 04:16 PM
I mentioned this at work today. Found out a lot about this kind of thing. There was an operation in GA a few years back. Guy got a late model 7 series BMW for 23K. Escalade for 15K and so on. They were all registered. One guy thought something was up, took his truck to local police. They ran the vin, no problems. He still wasn't convinced. Kept pulling the string, NCIS got involved, they figured it out. They would shave the VIN just about everywhere, but on the BMW, they missed the fan shroud. They would then go to used lots in other states, copy the VIN for a similar vehicle and make fake VIN plates for dash and other parts, and sell em. Since the vehicle was in another state and never reported stolen, the double VIN never threw a flag. The guy who bought the escalade was *** out, repossessed by insurance company and he still had to pay the loan! The guy with the BMW called USAA, they said, no problem and gave him a check for the replacement price. Not what he paid, but the replacement!! Good deal for him, the guy doing the scam was in the Navy and had sold over 20 cars on base. He is still in prison.

Hotsauce
09/16/2010, 06:36 PM
OK, don't risk getting towed, find an intersection with a red light camera, and CAREFULLY run the red light 20-30 times. The tickets will all go to the titled owner, and you don't risk getting towed.

John C.

vt_maverick
09/16/2010, 06:44 PM
I was just thinking some more, I know that's dangerous. It seems odd that this well known professional would take your money and not pay off a loan in her name, ruining her credit and having the lien holder hounding her day and night to hand over the VX. Is she that desperate that she would basically steal money and do something probably illegal? Maybe she payed off the loan and never got the title and doesn't care 'cuz she's free of it? Maybe the title was in someone else's name (an ex-something) and she's not liable? It doesn't seem like she fits the profile of someone who would do this, but ya never know about people.

That's my personal opinion. Someone that's in the public eye or depends on a favorable public opinion to make a living (artists have to sell their work after all) doesn't seem like a likely candidate to be a professional scam artist. My money is on the scenario where she uses the money to pay off the loan, then never finishes up the paperwork with DMV to get you the title. I know in Virginia there's not a physical title for a vehicle until after its initially paid off, at which point the bank/credit union "releases" the title in the DMV database to reassign to the new owner. What's interesting is that you never actually have to go get a physical title from DMV unless you want to sell it. If this is what's happened, the TX DMV is probably sitting on a title that was released by her bank but never received by her. I know contacting the DMV could be risky, but personally I would do it - they are the sole authority on this mess. I would just call them on the phone and explain everything that's happened and see what they think. But don't give them your real name (anybody has a right to call their DMV to get info about a VIN without having to provide personal info) for the reasons that have been listed elsewhere in this thread.

Good deal for him, the guy doing the scam was in the Navy and had sold over 20 cars on base. He is still in prison.

Too bad the guy that sold us Sonya's Honda isn't in prison. He was buying frame-damaged cars on eBay but only after ensuring that the CarFax report didn't show the damage. Then he would stick the report in the window of the car and park it on the "lemon lot" on base, where he (as an O-4) could swindle unsuspecting E-1/2/3's out of their already minimal pay. I would LOVE to see that guy go to jail, unfortunately we had Mahalia in the NICU at the time, so we didn't have the energy to really pursue it.

Good luck man, it doesn't look good, but hopefully there's a happy ending around the corner.

MMOROLEON
09/16/2010, 09:25 PM
any body in this tread lives in austin tx. i have the adres where she live i just want know if she still live in the same house.. and i dont tink i will be hard to find her... but i live in chicago i want to find her face to face.