PDA

View Full Version : Someone hit me :(

samneil2000
09/08/2010, 11:52 AM
So over the weekend I stopped by the local Auto Zone to grab some oil and a filter for the VX. When I was backing in to a spot, I saw a few gals in a truck eyeballing the VX, which we all know is common. Well, I went in and was picking out my stuff when one of those ladies came in and said "someone hit your truck"... I said me? No way!
She said she and the others were already checking it out and trying to figure out what it was when a guy backed out of a spot and hit it, got out and walked back to check out the damage, got back in and drove off. :mad:

There were plenty of witnesses since they heard it and saw it move, even one of the Auto Zone guys. Anyways, I guess the dude didn't see any damage or saw he hit something he'd never seen before and thought he better leave before the owner came out. Probably best he ran, cause I might would have put him to sleep....
Looks like the corner of his bumper hit right below the passenger side blinker. The damage isn't too bad really, but noticeable. And obviously I'm now in need of a blinker lens, if I can get it to fit over the bulge in the bumper cladding.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG00242-20100903-1328.jpg
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG00243-20100903-1328.jpg

RamAirZ
09/08/2010, 11:55 AM
That sucks man, hopefully you get it sorted out soon

vt_maverick
09/08/2010, 12:05 PM
Seems like that's something you could iron out with a hair dryer or heat gun. And if you're interested in a matching set of clear markers to replace your amber one shoot me a PM. I've got a set lying around.

RickOKC
09/08/2010, 01:56 PM
samneil2000 sorry to hear about your hit & run. :upsetgray I'm also disappointed the lookieloos didn't get a tag number.

Was is Bob Barker who recently did some heat gun cladding repair? He might have some advice.

samneil2000
09/08/2010, 02:39 PM
Sorry, I must have forgot to say that the peeps did get his plate and I called the cops and reported him. I hope he got a ticket at least...

etlsport
09/08/2010, 02:50 PM
Hit and run qualifies as a misdemeanor, he deserves more than a ticket. What a jerk

circmand
09/08/2010, 04:24 PM
Hit and run qualifies as a misdemeanor, he deserves more than a ticket. What a jerk

When I was in Houston this old guy was next to me and merged over in my lane hitting my VX. He went to flee I got right behind and got his plate. He pulled over and tried to blame me. He went to get his info and drove away. I went to the police station made a report. With description and vehicle and plate. The cops did nothing. My insurance company tracked him down. His wife said they did not own a black track. My insurance guy read off their VIN and TX plate info. Then they owned it but it was not in an accident. When confronted with location, description of him etc they were in an accident but it was the other guys (me) fault. The insurance compoanies decided not to fight as it was a he said he said situation. Damn ******* insurance companies. Later on I found out it was accidentally put down as a my fault accident.

Bob Barker
09/08/2010, 04:40 PM
It wern't me... I think it was the guy from Arizona with a Proton... Sorry I can't remember his user name right now, I'm kinda old though, so it's excuseable!

RickOKC
09/08/2010, 04:52 PM
Glad they got the tag number - hope you have their info as witnesses, too!

I wish I could remember the TV show I saw a while back (was it Trucks?) where they bought a wrecked truck and brought it back to usefulness. They used a heat gun to repair a piece of interior plastic. One section had an area that was much lighter than the rest because it had been bent. They used a heat gun on the side you see when installed to heat it up and "re-float" the color back to match the rest. In another section they heated both sides and used something to reshape it and then sprayed it with water to cool it so it would hold the shape. It looked easy, but it could be one of those things you find out later is practically an art form (like tape & bedding / texturing drywall.)

vt_maverick
09/08/2010, 05:08 PM
It wern't me... I think it was the guy from Arizona with a Proton... Sorry I can't remember his user name right now, I'm kinda old though, so it's excuseable!

Luna X

Bob Barker
09/08/2010, 05:09 PM
You won your show case show down!!!!!

SouthJ1
09/08/2010, 06:48 PM
wow man im sorry did this happen in memphis? cause if so i think i have seen you. i am new to the vx world just got mine a month ago love it tho its my first vehicle ever.

vx2darescue
09/08/2010, 08:21 PM
When I was in Houston this old guy was next to me and merged over in my lane hitting my VX. He went to flee I got right behind and got his plate. He pulled over and tried to blame me. He went to get his info and drove away. I went to the police station made a report. With description and vehicle and plate. The cops did nothing. My insurance company tracked him down. His wife said they did not own a black track. My insurance guy read off their VIN and TX plate info. Then they owned it but it was not in an accident. When confronted with location, description of him etc they were in an accident but it was the other guys (me) fault. The insurance compoanies decided not to fight as it was a he said he said situation. Damn ******* insurance companies. Later on I found out it was accidentally put down as a my fault accident.

So the short version from those of us who have had to deal with insurance companies....don't. Run away. PM VX Crazy he/she has a wrecked V that is kept for parts. Try to get a hold of them soon. He or she is headed to their storage space to get body parts for me Friday. They might have the lense you need.:)

rowhard
09/08/2010, 08:42 PM
There were plenty of witnesses since they heard it and saw it move, even one of the Auto Zone guys.

So did any of these witnesses happen to get his lic plate and did you get their info for insurance claim?

RamAirZ
09/08/2010, 08:51 PM
So did any of these witnesses happen to get his lic plate and did you get their info for insurance claim?

and

Sorry, I must have forgot to say that the peeps did get his plate and I called the cops and reported him. I hope he got a ticket at least...

So, yes,plates were gotten :laughing:

alterastro
09/09/2010, 02:07 AM
Sam, I have a lens here you're welcome to if you struggle finding one that side of the pond.

samneil2000
09/09/2010, 06:22 AM
Thanks all. I'm going to pick up the clears from VT_Mav. And next time I'm at Auto Zone, I'll park around the corner...

soggybottomboyz
09/09/2010, 11:35 AM
I have a lens PM me if you need it. Sorry for your mishap.

Soggy

tom4bren
09/13/2010, 09:50 AM
Sorry to hear about the hit-n-run. I know how frustrating that can be.

My daughter got hit & the other driver left before the police arrived. They tracked her down but she denied being involved so the police could do nothing (no witnesses other than my daughter).

Spike
09/13/2010, 11:55 AM
When I saw "someone hit me" I thought it was a request ...

Sorry to read what happened .. and yes, a hit and run is a bigger fine ... so is leaving the scene of an accident. Looks bad but could be much worse, right?

Hope you get it all straightened out ... thats what insurance is for

kodiak
09/13/2010, 03:47 PM
That sucks! You should send him the broken marker lens with a thank you Ahole note.:_wtf:

Cobrajet
09/14/2010, 02:10 PM
...thats what insurance is forMaybe.... My daughter's Saturn was side-swiped while parked in front of her boyfriend's house (he was borrowing the car while she was in boot camp.) The driver left a note and business card. I called her insurance company (Progressive) and provided them the name and phone number of the other driver. Apparently, after he sobered up. somebody must have convinced him that he didn't have to confess if there were no witnesses. His insurance was supposed to reimburse me for the deductible, but that never happened. Nothing ever happened!