PDA

View Full Version : Got my Nitto's

autox-racer
09/02/2003, 09:38 AM
Well after a 2 week wait, 1 week for tires to show up and 1 week for me to recover from an illness... i got my nitto terra grapplers(285/60/18) today! Now i just have to wait about 8 weeks for snow to play in.

They look awesome and fit the vehicle very well. I trimmed a small piece of the cladding before i took it in and it was perfect. You can see the trimming in one of the pictures.

They ride very well over the detroit roads/cracks/pot holes ...but then again i am comparing to bald stock tires. The noise at 80 mph is not really that bad compared to old tires.

Hint: i got these at discount tire and the first one i called wanted 190 bucks/tire ... i figured i would try another store and they said 175... i bought the 175 dollar grapplers :D

my gallery (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=116&cat=500&thumb=1)

mrtew
09/16/2003, 07:46 PM
Cool! I live right across the street from you in Berkley and I wanna get some tires like yours for my truck too! In fact maybe we could meet at Vinsetta Garage and I could check them out! I don't think I've ever seen you driving around have I?

transio
08/13/2004, 03:27 PM
How soft is the Nitto TerraGrappler rubber compound? I was thinking about getting a set of Kumho Ecsta 285-60-18's for street performance, as I already have an offroading setup. How good are the Nittos on the street, really?