PDA

View Full Version : What is the biggest tire that will fit?

pilchercross
08/30/2010, 07:17 PM
2001 vehicross with ome 919. What is the biggest tire that will fit with this spring lift?

Ascinder
08/30/2010, 07:25 PM
Please search.........this topic has been::badhorse:

vt_maverick
08/30/2010, 07:30 PM
38" - Just bolt'em right on, good to go. :) :thumbup:

pilchercross
08/30/2010, 07:36 PM
So 35x12.5xR18 will fit and not scrub to bad or at all?

Riff Raff
08/30/2010, 08:59 PM
2001 vehicross with ome 919. What is the biggest tire that will fit with this spring lift?

For the absolute biggest VX set-up with the least amount of fitment headaches is to use this specific wheel/tire set-up:

WHEELS: 2000/2001 OEM 18x7 Stock Rims (any "aftermarket" rim will create excessive rubbing issues due to non-OEM backspacing/offset).

TIRES: LT285/75R18 (11.5 x 35). Still able to fit on a 7" wide rim (i.e. OEM 18x7). There are only four(4) tires made in the world in this specific size, they are:

A. Toyo, Open-Country A/T (35" O.D./67 lbs)
B. Toyo, Open-Country M/T (35" O.D./70 lbs)
C. Maxxis, MT-762 "Bighorn" (35" O.D./70 lbs)
D. Good/Year, Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar (35" O.D./65 lbs)

:bgwb:

RamAirZ
08/30/2010, 09:12 PM
Hi Dustin, 33's will be your best bet, 34's won't be bad but either will require trimming. Marlin (Chris) is running 34" tires with 919 springs. Anything over 32" on even stock rims will require trimming, shoot even 32" tires on stock wheels will require SOME trimming, especially if you plan on taking it offroad. A 12.50 tire wouldn't be very good for your x7 rims but WILL fit but will require more trimming than say a 35x10.50 and will probably rub frame a good bit, but if your not planning on going with the 919's plus spacers and alot of t-bar crank, stick with something like a 33" or a 34" tire. That's just my opinion though. You've seen my truck in person with 33x11.50's and I have 912's, you'll probably have about .5-1" more lift than me with the 919's (I think a whole inch is pushing it but we have alot of mixed opinions on this)

BigMeatVX
09/19/2010, 11:10 AM
919s lifted my VX over 4" in the rear...and they are much stiffer also:yesgray:

I ran narrow 36s for 2 yrs with MINIMAL rubbing...my 35x12.5x20 NITTOS NEEDED SOME SERIOUS TRIMMING THOUGH.

RamAirZ
09/19/2010, 11:36 AM
He's got 34x10.50 LTB's on there now, with no rubbing front or rear.

Vendetta
02/11/2012, 06:41 AM
Hey guys, sorry to raid the crypt here and revive this thread, but I figured it'd beat starting a new one.

So, real quick (please), does reshaping the rear of the front wheel well to push back that pesky bolt involve anything more than bashing it with a hammer? If so, please advise asap. I'm heading over to pick it up shortly, and the mech is waiting to hear.

Grazi!
-V

Mile High VX
02/11/2012, 06:51 AM
That's all I had to do with mine and mostly all that I have seen posted here on this wonderful and helpful site...:yeso::yesb::yesgray:

Vendetta
02/11/2012, 07:08 AM
I guess :smack: really does mean :smack: after all.

Thanks the reply.
-V

JoFotoz
02/11/2012, 06:30 PM
A grinder....

....and :smack:

= :thumbup:

jo

Triathlete
02/11/2012, 08:26 PM
When in dought...

...SAWZALL! :)

Vendetta
02/11/2012, 08:43 PM
My mechanic took a stab at it but wasn't 100% comfortable. The 285/65 R18s need more than the usual amount of trimming. So I'm taking it someplace else on Monday to finish it up. Rotors, lines, calipers, wheels and tires are all done.

-V

vt_maverick
02/11/2012, 08:48 PM
How much did you lift? I think you posted it in another thread but I can't remember...

VX KAT
02/11/2012, 09:01 PM
Hey V- this sounds great, can't wait to see it all....ALL!

Reminds me, wanted to ask...you've been a member here about year and a half, but just now really picked up posting and mods....lots of mods.....suddenly get inspired? Win the lottery finally?.....You finally catch the VX virus from one of us? :p :thumbup:

Vendetta
02/12/2012, 12:54 PM
Hey V- this sounds great, can't wait to see it all....ALL!

Reminds me, wanted to ask...you've been a member here about year and a half, but just now really picked up posting and mods....lots of mods.....suddenly get inspired? Win the lottery finally?.....You finally catch the VX virus from one of us? :p :thumbup:

Well, it's like this. I got my VX back in '99 or early '00 - I'd have to pull files to verify the date - and took really good care of her for lots of years. Some time in '07 or so, she developed an engine rattle which turned out to be terminal. So I mothballed her for a while, willing to neither sell her, nor commit the funds to get her rolling again. During that time, mind you, I declined MANY offers to buy, knowing one day I'd get her going again.

That day came when I joined our beloved forum, with my inaugural posts being about engine replacement. She's been back on the road for about a year now. And since then, I've been aggregating all the parts and accessories (and money) to "do it once and do it 'right.'" And "right" is in quotes because this is purely subjective, of course. But I hope my friends here will approve of what I believe are tasteful mods.

I figure that it'll take less time, money and stress to get everything installed while she's already in pieces, anyway. The fender-bender back in end Nov/early Dec meant that all the exterior stuff get done first. That was finished last week, with the exception of the nerf and safari bars, and the cladding restoration(which will be the finishing touch - no point risking the installers scuffing things up).

She goes in on Tuesday for a full interior strip, electronics package installation and refinishing.

So, put simply, I'm just an obsessive whacko like the rest of us with his own way of doing things.

-V

EDIT: Okay, so I checked. I purchased her on 10/31/2000. I can't believe I forget that detail... I went to the dealership to take delivery dressed up as The Crow.

VX KAT
02/12/2012, 02:03 PM
Well, it's like this. I got my VX back in '99 or early '00 - I'd have to pull files to verify the date - and took really good care of her for lots of years. Some time in '07 or so, she developed an engine rattle which turned out to be terminal. So I mothballed her for a while, willing to neither sell her, nor commit the funds to get her rolling again. During that time, mind you, I declined MANY offers to buy, knowing one day I'd get her going again.

That day came when I joined our beloved forum, with my inaugural posts being about engine replacement. She's been back on the road for about a year now. And since then, I've been aggregating all the parts and accessories (and money) to "do it once and do it 'right.'" And "right" is in quotes because this is purely subjective, of course. But I hope my friends here will approve of what I believe are tasteful mods.

I figure that it'll take less time, money and stress to get everything installed while she's already in pieces, anyway. The fender-bender back in end Nov/early Dec meant that all the exterior stuff get done first. That was finished last week, with the exception of the nerf and safari bars, and the cladding restoration(which will be the finishing touch - no point risking the installers scuffing things up).

She goes in on Tuesday for a full interior strip, electronics package installation and refinishing.

So, put simply, I'm just an obsessive whacko like the rest of us with his own way of doing things.

-V

EDIT: Okay, so I checked. I purchased her on 10/31/2000. I can't believe I forget that detail... I went to the dealership to take delivery dressed up as The Crow.

WOW V! Are you an original owner then? What dedication, and patience you have! :thumbup:

-:freek::freek::drool::drool::thumbup::thumbup::thu mbup:

Here's some nanner's to you my friend! Can't wait to see all this! :dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban::dan_ban:

Vendetta
02/12/2012, 02:23 PM
WOW V! Are you an original owner then? What dedication, and patience you have! :thumbup:
Professionals call it "OCD." :bwgy: I'm not the "original owner," per se, but I bought the car from a dealer whose owner drove it for a while. Oddly enough though, the sale documents (which I had to pull to satisfy my own curiosity) read "NEW VEHICLE." I have ~88K on the odo as of now, ~4K of which are on the new engine.

...Can't wait to see all this!
Neither can I, Kat - neither can I. :)

-V