PDA

View Full Version : Question about Front LSD

LittleBeast
08/26/2010, 09:14 PM
So I am looking into putting the Isuzu Impulse Turbo LSD (10 bolt Isuzu) in the front Diff of my VX with the 4.77 gears I already have in there, but I have a couple of questions:

I found some used Impulse LSDs and will probably end up going that route ($200-$300), but if I got a new LSD from Isuzu what all would I need to order?

What new parts from Isuzu would this require?

I know that this whole assembly from Isuzu is WAY too exspensive for me, but would have probably more than I need right?:
Differential, Carrier assy
w/Limited Slip - Non integral type
List Price : $2,848.60
Your Price : $2,278.88

So could I just order this one $300 part? Not sure what all "Differential Case" would could with:
Differential, Differential case
w/Limited Slip Diff - Non integral type
List Price : $373.92
Your Price : $299.14

What about all these parts, necessary, can't I just use the 4.77's parts and just install the LSD inner?:
Differential, Pinion shaft
List Price : $95.69
Your Price : $76.55
----------
Differential, Shaft
List Price : $89.74
Your Price : $71.79
----------
Differential, Side gear
List Price : $119.69
Your Price : $95.75

Anyways, as I stated before I found some used 3rd members with the LSD so I will probably get 1 of those and then list them here if I don't, but would buying new be just WAY too exspensive? Thanks.

Triathlete
08/26/2010, 09:46 PM
Ryan, out of curiosity, why not just go with an actual locker?

LittleBeast
08/27/2010, 12:01 AM
Ryan, out of curiosity, why not just go with an actual locker?

Going with an aussie locker I would not be able to run 4Hi, because I would have to install selectable HUBs and have them "unlocked" when driving around town. I really like the 4Hi for Houston flooding, etc. Also my rims, and rim covers will not work with selectable HUBs, I would have to go without the wheel covers (looks ghetto) or heavily modify them (probably look more ghetto) and probably break the wheel covers regardless.

So instead of spending A LOT of money on ARB lockers or worrying with HUBs and Aussie's and not having 4Hi, I want to go with the LSD and just hit the brakes when I get stuck, which will not be often because I do not wheel enough to spend that much on ARB :)

samneil2000
08/27/2010, 06:05 AM
I've had the same concerns Ryan. I'd like to have the LSD front so that in the event we have another 6 inch snow storm here, I can wheel around in 4-hi without concern. Or any other time I might need 4-hi on asphalt, for whatever the reason. I'm interested in how this turns out. Has anyone successfully integrated that LSD front in to a VX or are you going to be the first?

Ldub
08/27/2010, 06:20 AM
Has anyone successfully integrated that LSD front in to a VX or are you going to be the first?

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=190001&postcount=6

samneil2000
08/27/2010, 07:05 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showpost.php?p=190001&postcount=6

:o:(

(Hangs head in shame).... bow to the power of the search

:bgwb: